21 coaches online • Server time: 04:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2015 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Well. Fascinating use of the wizard there. Will need to add that to my own repertoire.

[edit] How many TDs will be scored? All signs point to none.
WolfyDan

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2015 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Jimmy is so bad at BB2 that it took him 12 games to score a TD! Smile
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

SquirrelDude wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
SquirrelDude wrote:

That cKnoor guy who streams Blood Bowl (I think harvestmouse said he seemed like a bad guy due to a match report against Calcium or something)

Errrrr no. cknoor came up as a 'twitcher' and that he didn't really know what he was doing.

I pointed out he's a member here, did okish and in fact used to stream FUMBBL. I highlighted a bad feelings match against Calcium as one I'd have loved to have seen.

I don't know the guy outside of a few forum posts and his streaming and I don't have an opinion on him.

I can't help but think all this twitching malarkey against people who have no idea is just a bit childish.
My apologies

Don't worry about it, I clearly wasn't clear on why I linked the game; for a chuckle.
Gurbo

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 02:25 Reply with quote Back to top

SquirrelDude wrote:
JimmyFantastic wrote:
Damnnn Sorry man. I'll be on for a while and will be streaming regularly so you should be able to catch it eventually. And hopefully by then I will have a clue!

The Sage is excellent. Damn teachers being able to teach!
Just see if you can get twitch to let you set stuff as VODs after the fact and I'l happily watch it in post.

Twitch VoD's quality is pretty bad (which is more than fair, as they are more onto the 'live' thingy). Uploading the content to yourube after the stream would be amazing, tho, but I don't know how hard it is.

IF the guys that are streaming decide to upload to youtube, a tip I've heard is that's good to chop the content every 40-50 mins max, as people will rarely binge watch a 4+ hours stream recording in one go. 25-40' seems to be the optimal length, but that wouldn't work too well with BB from what I've seen.
SquirrelDude

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 03:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Gurbo wrote:
SquirrelDude wrote:
JimmyFantastic wrote:
Damnnn Sorry man. I'll be on for a while and will be streaming regularly so you should be able to catch it eventually. And hopefully by then I will have a clue!

The Sage is excellent. Damn teachers being able to teach!
Just see if you can get twitch to let you set stuff as VODs after the fact and I'l happily watch it in post.

Twitch VoD's quality is pretty bad (which is more than fair, as they are more onto the 'live' thingy). Uploading the content to yourube after the stream would be amazing, tho, but I don't know how hard it is.
You have to be recording while you are streaming, so you'd need some kind of video software or card to do that, along with a video editor. Not sure if the same is required for twitch.

I simply asked because twitch doesn't automatically have streams viewable in post anymore like they used too. It takes up a lot of bandwidth, obviously, and not all streamers want their stuff to be viewable in post. Blood Bowl is usually uploaded either as one entire match + any postgame stuff, or the game is split up by the halves for purposes of uploading them.
Gurbo

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 05:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Some programs do both at the same time, IIRC, OBS can (and it's free), but I don't know the hardware requirements for it.

Edit: Yep, I just checked the OBS page, and it only takes clicking a chekbox when setting up the stream. There's not even a mention to extra requirements, so it probably isn't such a heavy load... I would've never guessed that.
WolfyDan

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 07:47 Reply with quote Back to top

OBS is good and many combine it with dxtory (prob the best capture software) to do dual streaming + capture for youtube uploads. A few people report heavy performance loss when using dxtory but that is often fixed by capturing to a different hdd than the game is on or experimenting with other codecs.

Bandicam is a decent simpler alternative to dxtory but without all the multi source support. There is a free version if you can put up with a watermark.

Xsplit is a common alternative to obs.
sann0638

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 08:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I still prefer watching fumbbl. Being able to hover over the players whenever you want is great. Perhaps an option to be able to see or not see spectator chat would be good. I am sure this has been thrashed out before though.

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Coaching would be a problem. "I think he should.........."
King_Ghidra

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Was fun watching Jimmy last night, hearing his northern accent and the faint strains of the Top Gun OST. Sadly, the BB2 open league is so horrifically contaminated with the concession mentality and a generally abysmal level of play that there's absolutely no reason to watch the matches for the actual BB at all.

If there are any decent leagues running or coming up I think that has to be the way for the streamers to go because the novelty of watching and listening to bb streams is going to wear off extremely quickly when it's a procession of crap play and and ragequits. Obviously leagues are going to limit the stream length because of scheduled games, which kind of goes against the normal twitch "I'm streaming for the next x hours" thing. I don't know if Dode or anyone else has restarted something approximating the Forum Open League yet, that might be an alternative.

Harvestmouse wrote:

Is that against site rules? I always assumed it was but couldn't find it. The client implicitly prevents it by restricting views of spec chat, but obviously there's never been anything to prevent someone sitting next to someone else IRL and coaching them, or using a seperate chat program or whatever.
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

The rage quits are not even rage quits. That is just how the game is played there.

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Jimmy I liked your streaming, but you shouldn't abuse of your 80's Greatest Hits compilation Wink
DaCoach

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

7 Games in, I am pretty happy with it so far. Not hopeless opposition, 2 minute turns and only one concession so far (as a Chaos coach realized I would be 1-0 up by halftime - at least he didn't quit when I BH fouled his CW in the first turn)
Miss a decent chat though.
Badoek

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 11:41 Reply with quote Back to top

WolfyDan wrote:
Jimmy is so bad at BB2 that it took him 12 games to score a TD! Smile

Ha ha, statistics never lie!!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

King_Ghidra wrote:

Harvestmouse wrote:

Is that against site rules? I always assumed it was but couldn't find it. The client implicitly prevents it by restricting views of spec chat, but obviously there's never been anything to prevent someone sitting next to someone else IRL and coaching them, or using a seperate chat program or whatever.

Yeah, there's nothing specific in the rules, but covered under a couple of different ones. Coaching in a competitive division and/or coaching in a non competitive division against somebody who hasn't agreed before hand to be involved in a training game are against site rules.

Yeah, of course the chat thing has happened. You get caught though, and it's banhammer time. Not really worth it if your the teacher I don't think.
 Jump to: