41 coaches online • Server time: 15:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Cindy is back?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Angmarred

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2015 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos Dwarfs are my favorite WHFB race and I'd love to see some version in stunty. I'm not super experienced in stunty this seems fairly balanced to me. It's a little more straightforward than some of the chaos dwarf daemon engine ideas I've seen discussed. This represents one of the many chaos dwarf chain gangs that roam the Dark Lands. It's more or less a variant of the Forest Goblin roster

0-16 Goblin Slave 35k 6 2 3 6 Stunty, Dodge A (GSP)
0-2 SneakyGit 60k 6 2 3 7 Stunty, Dodge, Stab, Sneaky Git, Secret Weapon (10+) A (GSP)
0-2 Hobgoblin Taskmaster 80k 6 2 3 7 Dodge G A (SP)
0-1 Chaos Dwarf Overseer 90k 4 3 2 9 Block, Thick Skull G S (AP)

The goblin slaves are just regular Forest goblins, a perfectly appropriate lineman.

Sneaky Gits are iconic to the chaos dwarf army and they need a place in Blood Bowl. Dropped to 0-2 and a slight price bump with the addition of an appropriate but pretty useless skill.

Taskmaster are a mash of FG Shamans and Chaos Halfling Carvers. They will probably end up doing the majority of the work on this roster.

The jewel of the team is the lone Chaos Dwarf Overseer. He is, effectively, a Big Guy for the roster. Starting with Block and Tackle (like a proper dwarf blocker) seemed like too much, so I dropped Tackle. Pricing is based off th Mechavermin, who is a similar player. 100k might be the right price though.

What do people think?
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2015 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Really underpowered. I know that was the aim when the BBRC was creating new rosters... but this just feels meh to me.

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2015 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Stunty Leeg JF!!! Hate the Overseer, it's a mechavermin all over again gah! Blockle MB is the most powerful combo in stunty, and you're giving it to an AV9 on 2 regular skills.
Angmarred

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2015 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Stunty Leeg JF!!! Hate the Overseer, it's a mechavermin all over again gah! Blockle MB is the most powerful combo in stunty, and you're giving it to an AV9 on 2 regular skills.

True, but the mecha is av10 and there's two of them!
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2015 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

Yes I know... it's still horribly underpowered as well as just being less interesting than Forest Goblins.

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2015 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Doesn't look horribly underpowered to me. 3 G access players, one broken. 2 Stabbers with AV7 and an ma 6 lino. It might not play well at high TV, but looks more than competitive at around 14/1500 in my mind.

I'm not a fan of the concept, even though I'm a big CD fan too.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2015 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Not a great idea, not a horrible idea.

I would agree that it appears a little underpowered. How does this team deal with other bigs? Park an ogre or tree on the dwarf and they don't have many options. Dauntless would be an early skill choice for the dwarf imo (but then you'd just have to put an expendable stunty on him). Perhaps if both hobs were ST3? That would make this team the first to try (3) ST3 G access players (two being squishy av7 and one slow ag2) and no actual bigguy. (Hmm, that would give them two reliable ST3 blodge surehands ball carriers though...so maybe that's too much).

As for the Blackle/MB combo...nearly every team has something similar, so that doesn't seem too OP. Plus there's only one and he can be easily pinned.

A decent pass at roster creation imo, just nothing that really grabs me. If admins were going to just, like, add eight teams just for diversity sake it could possibly make the cut, but given that we've only added one team since I started playing Stunty back in Feb. 2012 (PFlings added in Sept. 2013), I don't see this one making the grade.

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2015 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
Not a great idea, not a horrible idea.

I would agree that it appears a little underpowered. How does this team deal with other bigs? Park an ogre or tree on the dwarf and they don't have many options. Dauntless would be an early skill choice for the dwarf imo (but then you'd just have to put an expendable stunty on him). Perhaps if both hobs were ST3? That would make this team the first to try (3) ST3 G access players (two being squishy av7 and one slow ag2) and no actual bigguy. (Hmm, that would give them two reliable ST3 blodge surehands ball carriers though...so maybe that's too much).

As for the Blackle/MB combo...nearly every team has something similar, so that doesn't seem too OP. Plus there's only one and he can be easily pinned.

A decent pass at roster creation imo, just nothing that really grabs me. If admins were going to just, like, add eight teams just for diversity sake it could possibly make the cut, but given that we've only added one team since I started playing Stunty back in Feb. 2012 (PFlings added in Sept. 2013), I don't see this one making the grade.

That's an interesting idea. Just replace the taskmasters with "normal" hobgoblins 6337 no skills G access?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2015 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd prefer that. You know we're moving toward a sort of 'Hobgoblin team' concept and that's..........not a bad idea.

The Hobgoblin team were the worst team in the NAF. In fact they weren't even all hobgoblins! A lot of them were goblins. Drop the CD (no way that fellow's getting in stunty) and make it a hobgob, sneaky git, goblin roster.........it'd be a bit boring but it's not a bad call.

It'd need one more interesting thing though....
Angmarred

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2015 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

A hobgoblin team would be cool. Although the most "hobgoblin" "thing" to add IMO would be a wolf rider but then they're just forest goblins again. Maybe a fast guy with a high secret weapon roll could be cool.

But that's sort of off topic. In my mind I pictured a lone chaos dwarf leading a pack of weedy goblin skaven and that screamed stunts team to me. That's what id like to see Smile
 Jump to: