21 coaches online • Server time: 03:35
Index Search Usergroups Profile
Log in
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Is kicking first wit...goto Post Ghoul developmentgoto Post Black Box Rehab
SearchSearch 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
easilyamused



Joined: Jun 06, 2008

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2015 - 17:32
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Are you planning on linking this app to Fumbbl?

My main concern would be GW to be honest. If you try to make this commercial in any way you can expect them to drop on you from a great height.

Although if you are doing it as a completely free to play app with no chance of in game purchases then you should be OK.

_________________
Image
koadah



Joined: Mar 30, 2005

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2015 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Scar006 wrote:
koadah wrote:
Scar006: What is Christer's position on all this?


Nothing up to now... Confused


I keep pushing this because he may just come back and say "actually guys, we already have something that is 60% done".

He may well have strong opinions.

He may well want you to at least ave a word with Kalimar.

He may not be keen on having the project openly available and named FumbblSomething.

So yeah, evaluate your options but I wouldn't do a great deal of work until the Boss says yea or nay.
Unless you are planning your own back end that is.

_________________
Image
Secret League - SLUMBBL Shield - 16th November!
bmceldowney



Joined: Oct 15, 2011

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2015 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Scar006 wrote:
I myself have more experience with classical game frameworks and sprites rather than dom manipulations, I therefore would tend to go with a game framework just due to familiarity.

Totally reasonable. As I mentioned, I didn't think it would be a popular choice.

I'd still like to contribute if I can.
bmceldowney



Joined: Oct 15, 2011

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2015 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

easilyamused wrote:
Are you planning on linking this app to Fumbbl?

My main concern would be GW to be honest. If you try to make this commercial in any way you can expect them to drop on you from a great height.

Although if you are doing it as a completely free to play app with no chance of in game purchases then you should be OK.

That is my concern as well.

Honestly, I don't see any reason to wrap this in a mobile app. Just make a responsive web app and let anybody browse to it from whatever device they want. That would avoid any app store legalities.
Scar006



Joined: Aug 24, 2004

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2015 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:


I keep pushing this because he may just come back and say "actually guys, we already have something that is 60% done".

He may well have strong opinions.

He may well want you to at least ave a word with Kalimar.

He may not be keen on having the project openly available and named FumbblSomething.

So yeah, evaluate your options but I wouldn't do a great deal of work until the Boss says yea or nay.
Unless you are planning your own back end that is.



You are right, we should probably wait for confirmation that at least not already a lot of development has been going on.

I hope we will have an answer soon so we could start developing the first prototype...
tmagic



Joined: Nov 01, 2015

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2015 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, was any progress made on this?

I ask because I've just (for my own amusement) put together an HTML5 replay viewer for Bloodbowl 2, and it might not be such a huge stretch to adapt it to also become a lightweight FUMBBL client (playback/spectate only).
Roland



Joined: May 12, 2004

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2015 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

That would be awesome!
It means i can spectate on my apple phone, right?

I think Scar006 got involved in another project and left this client as is.
It's open source, so you could continue his work or use it in your own if you like Smile

It's written in Perl though :S
m0gw41



Joined: Jun 12, 2012

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2015 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Replays and spectating on a mobile device would be amazing!

_________________
Image
koadah



Joined: Mar 30, 2005

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2015 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

The latest effort was this one.

If you have a replayer show it to us then. Smile

Also VoodooMike is up to something

_________________
Image
Secret League - SLUMBBL Shield - 16th November!
tmagic



Joined: Nov 01, 2015

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2015 - 04:30 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
The latest effort was this one.

If you have a replayer show it to us then. Smile

Also VoodooMike is up to something


Well it's not ready yet, I'm pretty sure that the server code would blow up if more than one browser hit it at once (yes, in 2016, I've created a single-user-website).

It's just html + svg + css3 and looks like this in chrome browser: http://imgur.com/OQhc7fi , for an idea of how it could look on an iPhone, step back about 8 feet from your monitor then squint.

My code reads replay files written by the cyanide game client, extracting player locations and dice rolls for each frame of 'game state', then sending them to the browser which just moves some coloured squares about. Perhaps fumbbl works the same, broadcasting individual messages for each step of the game; if so, it may then be possible to translate those messages instead, but I have no idea of how the java client and server sockets are connected - if it would require any fumbbl changes at all then it's most likely a complete non-starter.
Display posts from previous:     
 Jump to:   
All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Powered by PNphpBB2 1.2 © 2003 PNphpBB Group
Credits