31 coaches online • Server time: 03:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nichodemus

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2005 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Gotta agree with #5, being a new coach myself, the references to the "old" divisions is totally lost, and i originally thought the unranked to be if you mostly played with RL friends, about 2 days later i found out it was the Tournament Division >_< Alittle more concrete info would be nice, and maybe moving it from advanced topics.

That being said we gotta remember Christer has a new addiction, and just be happy with what we got, which is quite alot really Smile

Welcome to FUMBBL AWAD Smile
thorazine_shuffle

Post 1 Posted: Mar 11, 2005 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Laviak wrote:
Quote:
Please pay your dues and earn your stripes before giving out "suggestions"

I disagree with this statement. Sometimes it makes a lot more sense to get someone who is not user to the idiosyncracies (sp.) of a site/program to point out the things that they found difficult. Once you get used to them, you tend to work around the little things, ignore them, or even forget about them. In my opinion it is GOOD to have a reminder of what some of these things are.

Here here. I'm a relative newcomer & i too found the slightly chaotic documentation structure a bit confusing at first... for example the lack of docs regarding restarting games on the web site, it took me a while and some pestering in the chat rooms to discover all the info i needed was in the README.TXT file Wink

That said, i'm really impressed with how the client, the web site & the IRC server interact with one another. Some dudes must've had had *way* too much free time to set all this up! The FUMBBL community are a really nice bunch of ppl too, big up!
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2005 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Concerning the value of fan factor, every point fan factor gives an average reflux of 1750 per match. If you plan to make a team for 5 matches or less the cash ouput alone doesn't pay off, but don't forget the influence of FF on some kick off events.

Shepherd

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2005 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Jinxed wrote:
Welcome. Stay a while.

Stay ... Forever! Twisted Evil

(madly addictive this site/game is)

DESTROY HIM, MY ROBOTS

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2005 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

vanGorn wrote:
Concerning the value of fan factor, every point fan factor gives an average reflux of 1750 per match. If you plan to make a team for 5 matches or less the cash ouput alone doesn't pay off, but don't forget the influence of FF on some kick off events.

not that much intersting now, since crowd invasion and get the ref' goes for both parts.
zredna

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2005 - 08:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Still "throw a rock", got my CW to miss next game Sad
not to forget extra RR can be verry usefull Smile
Zredna
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2005 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I almost never start my teams at FF 9.
5-7 mostly.

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2005 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

zredna wrote:
Still "throw a rock", got my CW to miss next game Sad
not to forget extra RR can be verry usefull Smile
Zredna

extra reroll? isn't it 1d6+assistant coaches
or 1d6+cheerleaders
???
AWAD

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2005 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the welcome aboard, gents. (No I am not PC). Looking forward to a long and good addiction. As my post mentions, this is observations of a Newb. As time passes I will be assimilated into the FUMBBL fold. But there are many clichés and corporate speak about outside the box, fresh perspective, and new ideas, so I threw my in to be kicked about.

The rust is coming to come off my play. I am still way below the required to be good, but I will get there. I have a feeling a few more teams will be retired before I can justly lay down serious righteous smack and give my ideas on how the game should be played.

AWAD- the Current coach of the Warp Bandits, beat vermin of the Ranked Division..... and not afraid of ORCS you pansy Elves
Wizard

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2005 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Renegade Wrote:
My undead started with ff 6
That steadily grew to a healthy 23.
If you win the majority of your games it isn't strictly essential to have ff9.
Whoever thought that up obviously loses alot...

Pity dude - you could have had ff 26 instead Wink