68 coaches online • Server time: 22:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
arcane257

Post 5 Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

This is my first Chaos team http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=94033 . I got it this far but not sure what to do with it now. Should I buy another beastman? Or save for another reroll? I was thinking that I wanted to load up on FA but not sure how workable this is when compared to how powerfull claw and fangs are.

Thoughts and Advice would be welcome,
arcane
origami

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 03:18 Reply with quote Back to top

If you load up on claws and fangs, then the only games that you will get will be against similarly equipped teams.

If you wanted lots of FA, Rotters may have been a better choice.

Get a single beastman, then save up for RR.
zredna

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 05:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I must first state that I have no great experience with chaos, but I have a chaos team in the same tr region as yours
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=151888
my plan for that is to buy a new Beastman in 10k if nothing else happens (RIP CW etc). So I say that that is probably what is best for you as well.

For the question about mutations I say Big hand on a couple of guys, that is one of the best counter skills/mutations that exist in my oppinion. My best scorer has a BH and makes a lot of TDs by being able to pick up the ball in defense after a usefull wall of guard stops up the oponent.
In my opinion skills/mutations that help you to handle the ball is usefull in a Chaos team, tha bashing is pretty self going with all str access. In my opinion its really sad that the ballhandling mutations are weaker than the killer ones but thats not the point here.

Zredna
Bloke100

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 05:55 Reply with quote Back to top

An extra beastman is probably the best next buy, with four rerolls you should be ok for now.

As for skills, I love to see chaos teams going for alternate physical abilities, and maybe three passblockers with fa would be fun and (sometimes) effective. Also, a big hand or two, and maybe even prehensile tail or something give new feel to the players and the team. Just please, not claw and NOT rsc...

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I am up to 13 players now is that enough? I see a lot of chaos teams with 14 or so players but they seem sort of inflated team rating wise to me.

Yeah claw and fangs seems to be the standard for chaos I think I will keep playing with the other mutations and maybe limit myself to one claw. I have some other wierd stuff I want to try like a beastmen with dauntless, multiblock, and block.

As for the nurgle sugestion I thought about it but I really think standard chaos team is superior in almost every way. The idea of my ball carriers not having any sort of healing for them seems like a recipe for doom. Who knows though I may give them a try later on.
Any other ideas as to odd combos not ussualy tried would be apreciated,
arcane
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice team! With av8 another beastman will be nice.
Personaly I like to load my chaos teams with claw/RSC but since you don't like that, I suggest one claw (a good blitzer) and foul FA to all other doubles.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 20:06
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I play a chaos team with no DP's and no RSC. It can ber done and they can succeed.

That said 1, or sometimes 2, claws is a great distraction to an opponent, as well as a good blitzing option.

4 rerolls should be plenty, 5 certainly would be.

I've never felt the need for more than 13 on the roster. But maybe 14 makes you feel more secure, especially if you play claw/rsc combo's or people with multiple DP's.

Get a Big hand as others have said. The best mutation out there. And love and cherish any +AG you get.
 Jump to: