42 coaches online • Server time: 12:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Jump up on a tree?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
I don't want to play your scary chaos team because...
I am scared of chaos, I hardly ever take games vs them unless I know I will win
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
You rolled too many doubles and +str/+ag/double rolls your team is broken
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
I don't play teams with more mighty blow/claws than 2
18%
 18%  [ 18 ]
Your other chaos team 'Deportus' slammed me and you will do the same
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
I don't like the way you play
8%
 8%  [ 8 ]
I am not scared, bring it!
63%
 63%  [ 63 ]
Total Votes : 99

Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Stop being such a whiny! Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I will play anyone who asks me so long as they don't foul. < Note i have no problem with someone fouling my jump up or player that can reach the ball carrier that tactics not aggressive fouling which is what i will not play against>

Have a DP in your team, i won't play you simple as. Why? because why have DP if you don't foul <see note 1.>

The whole point of the game for me is the fluff content of the team and since the crappy gold generation rule make it impossible to replace players, taking on a player who fouls my team off the pitch makes it hard to keep a team going.

No long term longevity = no fluff.

If anyone has a problem with that, don't play me, that way we are both happy.

this is nothing personal against any playstyle just the way "I" like to play the game.

arghh bumflaps , another fumble. Why can't these Gobbo's just pick the ball up?
bogh

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I´ll probably play your bashy-scary-silly chaos team with my dodgy-dodgy elves. I am weird that way, thinking it is only a game.

However, I do find the whinning a little annoying. Yeah, people who play elves may not be thrilled about playing a rsc/claw heavy team. So they are cowards (or smart). However, the original poster of this topic has the following teams:

Chaos
Chaos
Human
Khemri
Ogre
Orc
Chaos Dwarf

He might be gutsy and courageous enough to play bashers with his agility teams, but we will never know, since he has NONE. I play a variety of teams, both bashy and agility. Hence I can relate to and respect if people don´t want to play my amazons with their tackle-less team or my chaos team with their elves. So I suggest that people try playing low av agility teams before they complain about the cowardice of others. It sounds a little hollow otherwise.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, humans are not bashy Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I have also had for the record zons, elf , 3 chaos dwarf and a skaven team. There is only room for 5 on the ranked divison though so I retired the ones I didn't play much or felt were stuck or broken.
I haven't played the khemri for days because they are broken.
I started playing late last year, and came here exclusively to learn. I found I could not learn anything with my humans or elves or skaven on their backs. At first I couldn't even win with chaos dwarves.

Just for clarifacton this team has no and never will have rsc but I might have up to 3 claws.
However they do have an ag5 cw and a str 5 cw which together are pretty nasty.
I know exactly how badly a game can go for an av7 team against me, no way I would whine about their lack of courage in not playing against my chaos team. I am just trying to maximise the number of coaches who will play me.

Edit looks like in just day one 7 people replied they don't like the way I play ouch! To those I say give another chance.
I wonder how many of those were from my Horde escapade with 'Deportus'?

Also Afk_eagle I distinctly remember you vowing to never again play vs Deportus after the slaughter that 2 bashy teams with rsc clashing will make. Maybe the rats aren't elves but do you think your ELF team would have had a better chance?

Wow Wizard How did I miss your reply?

"GET A LIFE - its a friggin game!
I bet you are the type of person who whinges because no one will play monopoly against you - if some one dosn't want to play you, get over it, find someone else and stop wasting the forum space...

Stupid poll that i refuse to even submit an answer for
Maybe i should start a poll whinging about the whiners..."

Nice, well met why are you replying wasting more bandwith then?
you are probally one of those who logs into a topic with no worthwhile reply just to throw some insults and generalizations around.
Azurus

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I feel I actually have to defend smoked a little here.

If you read his actual post (the first one) he isn't whining, but asking the quite genuine question 'what is a reasonable level of bashiness for a chaos team to still get games?'.

He did make a fairly large mistake with the title of the thread though, that does come across as very biased, but we should be able to forgive him that little error, right?

Anyway, in my opinion, smoked's team really isn't too bashy anyway. He's played 12 games and caused 21 cas, averaging a little under 2 per game, which seems quite low for a chaos team. My 12-game dark elves have caused 23. I'd say the level for avoiding chaos is 'when it's clear they are ONLY after cas'. After a few skills, if they've taken nothing but damage skills, I'd avoid them. If they take a variety, and show some willingness to handle the ball, I'd probably play them.

Always check their TD for-against and cas for-against scores. Smoked, I'd say as long as these indicate that you are trying to win games and not just kill things, you should get games. As somebody stated though, a single ST 5 claw/rsc player can put poeple off, since they are clearly broken.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Hammerhiem wrote:
I will play anyone who asks me so long as they don't foul. < Note i have no problem with someone fouling my jump up or player that can reach the ball carrier that tactics not aggressive fouling which is what i will not play against>

Have a DP in your team, i won't play you simple as. Why? because why have DP if you don't foul <see note 1.>

oh damn you won't play me. I have intention to have 1 DP per team. it's not like I foul every game but a foul or 2 is good.

well well well, you should play guys with one DP. 1 DP is ok. Oh and you should have one yourself.......

heya I just got a new concept: I want to be the first coach declining any opponent with DP when I actually have one and then I will be the one that start to foul!!!
mstrchef13

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Azurus wrote:
(stuff deleted)

As somebody stated though, a single ST 5 claw/rsc player can put people off, since they are clearly broken.

Ah, there's the problem. This player isn't broken. If I could break him, I'd try. The problem is he's going to break *me*.

Ok, it's semantics. I thought I'd go for a bit of cheap humor since the tone of the thread had turned a bit nasty.
Azurus

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I bow to your superior grammatical acuity.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

The title of my post was intentionally infalmmatory because I thought it would attract attention. Now that I take a new perspective I appreciate how it could be whining.
I am not having problems with this team yet, that is what I hope to avoid by this post.
Azurus, thank you for making me realize what I did wrong.
Also by the poll I see that just under half the fumbblers would not play me which is ok I don't expect everyone with an elf team to accept the challenge. However foul appearance is not alot of good against running teams, if I am not getting games vs passing teams because I am too bashy what's the reason to pick the skills to inhibit those teams? I'd be better off with just standard bashy skills. If the only teams who will play are orcs/khemri/dwarves/chaos/ogres/chaos dwarves what is the point of getting a more rounded team.
Maybe it's just impossible to have everyone want to game against you unless you take humans.

Wizard I apologize for making more generalizations=)
I'd like to hear everyones opinions, but let's try to keep the attacks on the pitch.

The str5 claw/rsc tackle guard block warrior in question died yesterday on the pitch so don't worry ypur rats are safe =)

Last edited by smoked_g60 on %b %21, %2005 - %20:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

smoked_g60 wrote:

you are probally one of those who logs into a topic with no worthwhile reply just to throw some insults and generalizations around.

Well I sure am!

Stop Plate Tectonics! Stamp out Precipitation! Down with Categorical Imperative!

Stuff is bad! Various things are even worse! Some are downright awful!

Many things are true! Others are not! Idiots are Stupid!
Azurus

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

smoked_g60 wrote:
However foul appearance is not alot of good against running teams, if I am not getting games vs passing teams because I am too bashy what's the reason to pick the skills to inhibit those teams? I'd be better off with just standard bashy skills. If the only teams who will play are orcs/khemri/dwarves/chaos/ogres/chaos dwarves what is the point of getting a more rounded team.

A more rounded team will win more of these games, than a pure-bash team, that's why. Chaos are capable of better ball-handling than any of those teams, with the possible exception of orcs.

And of course, on the rare occasions when you do get to play a faster team, they'll be less likely to run rings around you.

This is the problem with ranked at the moment. With a seemingly larger number of bashy teams than (overt) agility teams, many bash coaches begin to think of cas as more important than they are. In most cases, simply knocking a player down is a good enough result from a given block, and even a push if it helps towards scoring.

In a group of bashy teams, the most wins will go to those teams who are capable of some ball-handling as well. But again, that assumes the bashy coaches actually care about wins. Unfortunately, I've played a few too many who don't...

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I am ashamed to say that I played that way for a bit, and I still get blinded by the block and forget about scoreing and field position sometimes.
Chaos are capable teams, one of the best bashers, but it would be nice to be both bashy and elfen.
I am just afraid that that kind of team would still be out elfed by the elves, and out bashed by the true bashers.
I guess there is enough room in my stable to try!
sehou

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Live with the fact that BloodBowl is based on strategy AND luck. I played Elwen with my orcs and payed the price. SO WHAT FOR COACH RANKING, fouling and bashing are part of the game. Although i don't mind taking RSC out Smile.
Slick

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

RSC is dumb. Wink Give your warriors tentacles and your beastman could take FA, VLL, or Big Hand. Give every monkey a different tool and you'll be surprised what they can make. Kind of like people. Wink