17 coaches online • Server time: 06:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2005 - 09:43 Reply with quote Back to top

arcane257 wrote:
When I freeboot a star on fumbbl I higher them then lfg

I always hire a wizard to spare some cash when I am at full roster, but I wait before hiring a star... my 13 players Human Team can well handle a skaven or an elf without it. But if I find some Orc in gamefinder, Zug would be useful to hold the LoS.

I usually ask in chat before agreeing to a game, and if I think I will need a star I will state it. As for the wizard... well, I do not advice, because he is already there if I can afford it (I buy wizards as soon as my match ends, if I don't need that cash).

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2005 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't even know that you were allowed to do that. It do however explain why one opponent commented on me hiring a wizard and didn't seem too happy about it (ironically enough had that wizard been on the roster for 9 months...).

Btw about DNP lists. Use your buddy list on fumbbl to keep track on people you want to avoid. Works like a charm.

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2005 - 05:15 Reply with quote Back to top

This all makes me curious, if someone asks you if you intend to hire a star with your money it's cool to say "maybe, maybe not...."?

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2005 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd just reply "Forget our match, then." If you said you'd hire a star at least there's a possibility I'd still play you. Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2005 - 08:42 Reply with quote Back to top

My gobbos made it through their first match without a casualty. As a reward, I hired another gobbo, and Nobbla.

I don't think my gobbos will ever get to game 2 because of him being on my roster. Someone said to me that at that low of a TR, Nobba could eat an entire team.

If Nobbla were somehow able to eat all of your High Elves, wouldn't it make you happier if he did it during your first or second game rather than two months from now when you can't just make another team to replace what you've built up over dozens of games?
Synn

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2005 - 09:16 Reply with quote Back to top

As far as gobbos go........ i like to see them stand a chance at winning. Hence my freakshow:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=148839

I have had a lot of enjoyable matches and all of my opponents were extremely kool. Indeed a number of people have asked me for a game. Playing my gobbos means I try to win....

With that in mind, I like seeing things like flying gobbos, bombs, fanatics....etc. I don't buy in advance and wait till i agree to a match. I have not turned down a team except for cases of low FF (defeats the purpose of managing your ranking if you make zero money). Since my gobbos are like this, I state the warning pretty loud.

Just this gobbo coach's two cents,
Synn
 Jump to: