23 coaches online • Server time: 01:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JKA

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2005 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if this has ever been thought of or mentioned but I had an idea.....

Since the teams and the game mechanics are designed around TR 100 teams I believe there should be a division in which your team does not change once created. I think this would show some interesting "tournment" style teams without rosters being designed for long term growth..... I would imagine since this form of division would really test tactics it should effect CR as well.

I think this would be a really cool division although it goes against the team growth objective in which BB is all about.

JKA
Natakutoo

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2005 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Puts me in mind of the BWB... Now that was fun while it lasted...
Macavity

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2005 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, Im not too thrilled with the idea, but here's a bump to keep the concept alive for a bit.

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2005 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

You can allready run tournaments like this. Just start one, I might join.

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2005 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't Ladder use to work like that? Mind you - I think I joined after it changed to what it is now if it ever changed at all. As far as I can understand it wasn't very popular.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2005 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that's exactly what Ladder was when it was originally introduced but it died out and the format was made available for Tourneys so Ladder was changed to the challenge format. While the new Ladder is cool as well, I think we've seen that the perceived lack of interest was due to the popularity of R, rather than the format. It's a shame. The old Ladder was kind of fun. I think BunnyPuncher was the one with the team, "I will foul you every turn" and he still got games.

Smile

To run a non-progression tourney, you just need to check the non-progression checkbox in the tourney and make it excruciatingly clear to the players. Tons of people signed up for Ladder and submitted bug reports when they didn't get their cash or a skill roll at 6 SPPs.

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2005 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

That must have been fun for the admins.

A part of why I play BB is to develop my teams though but there are probably others out there who are interested.

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2005 - 03:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't like the idea, but with international division rising up today, we could then consider these new divisions.
 Jump to: