49 coaches online • Server time: 12:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Burnalot

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Why can't elemental teams have an apoth?

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I liked Jonny_Kanone's idea about the good themed chaos pact team using Tilea so much that I had to destroy his team so I could steal it. Highlight was his treeman getting sent off for fouling Smile

Seems like we've got more roster changes afoot? [joke]Still nothing on the ignimbrites (which even Garion won't use in a nautican team) or the pygmies?? Wink[/joke]

Edit: Let me correct that, Garion has stepped up and hired one. Good chap!

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Burnalot wrote:

Because they can't They're elemental beings from another plan tied to their summoners will. The head coach of their team. They are not something that can be patched up. They're like daemons but cannot regenerate.
Burnalot

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Burnalot wrote:

Because they can't They're elemental beings from another plan tied to their summoners will. The head coach of their team. They are not something that can be patched up. They're like daemons but cannot regenerate.

Ok, so fluff reasons. How about their summoner being able to strenghten them, like an apoth. The no apoth rule seems (and probably is) a big handicap.

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

If they absolutely cannot cope without it after a year or so they may get one. But water and earth are smashing it atm so I don't think it's needed.

They cannot strengthen them . Elementals are summoned in their big guy form and can only be divided /split up in to smaller versions of the same thing.

I'm sure I explained the fluff of warhammmer elementals on the team page.
Burnalot

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
If they absolutely cannot cope without it after a year or so they may get one. But water and earth are smashing it atm so I don't think it's needed.

They cannot strengthen them . Elementals are summoned in their big guy form and can only be divided /split up in to smaller versions of the same thing.

Water and earth smashing it in an open environment where you can pick opponents doesn't say a lot, I think. How they are doing in a competitive environment is a mystery atm. I just thought it would make sense from the team building perspective to have an apoth. Apoth could be an apprentice summoner or whatever, I don't think the actual rules of summoning stuff in a fantasy world i carved in stone Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

khorne's cultists want an apoth too!

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Burnalot wrote:
Garion wrote:

Water and earth smashing it in an open environment where you can pick opponents doesn't say a lot, I think. How they are doing in a competitive environment is a mystery atm. I just thought it would make sense from the team building perspective to have an apoth. Apoth could be an apprentice summoner or whatever, I don't think the actual rules of summoning stuff in a fantasy world i carved in stone Smile

I don't believe for a second there is picking going on in SL and let's please not have that debate here.

I'm not giving them an apo or daemons of khorne.

Both are performing fine Smile
Burnalot

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, no picking then, but you can have "recovery" games.
Khorne apoth doesn't make sense though.

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

khorne should have an igor Laughing

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

If you think there's no picking going on in SL, you're not playing Earth Elementals. Claw teams try to pick me, I dodge them. Unless they just have 1-2 Claw, then I take the game. I try to pick non-Claw teams, they dodge me. It's about 90% of the picking of Ranked.

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
If you think there's no picking going on in SL, you're not playing Earth Elementals.

I guess we might be facing a case of diverging definitions of picking.

Garion said he doesn't want this debate, so I'll just say that some match-ups are more appealing than others, and this has an effect when people has a choice.

Yet, DoK are getting a ton of games.

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
...so I'll just say that some match-ups are more appealing than others, and this has an effect when people has a choice.

Diplomat. Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
khorne should have an igor Laughing

cultists are humans, they are not undead. an igor won't help those poor guys.

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
If you think there's no picking going on in SL, you're not playing Earth Elementals. Claw teams try to pick me, I dodge them. Unless they just have 1-2 Claw, then I take the game. I try to pick non-Claw teams, they dodge me. It's about 90% of the picking of Ranked.

okay so jackass is clearly picking. lol

who cares if claw teams try and play you, just play them.... Rolling Eyes

how to get a game - greenlight all teams that are close to you in terms of tv, that's all. the rest is just silly.

zakatan wrote:
JackassRampant wrote:
If you think there's no picking going on in SL, you're not playing Earth Elementals.

I guess we might be facing a case of diverging definitions of picking.

Garion said he doesn't want this debate, so I'll just say that some match-ups are more appealing than others, and this has an effect when people has a choice.

Yet, DoK are getting a ton of games.

while there is truth in that, I still dont think it is like ranked. in ranked no one will play me, it takes 40 minutes or more to get a game unless i am flings or gobos. In SL i am getting a game after 1 minute every time.

Anyway... back on track, none of the Daemon teams will get an Apo. They are daemon teams.
 Jump to: