20 coaches online • Server time: 03:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Arcayn

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2016 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Arc's Mock Draft Continued...

#6 New Yorc- Brother "Pacific Black Duck" Ryan (Blitzer Oregon) New team needs lots and I see Ryan as a good fit to build an Orc Team.

#7 Cleveland- Jeramy Bryant (Line Elf Hawaii) Another new team in which I know that head coach values Agility, So why not take this blodging Stat Freak here.

#8 Houstovania- Banks McFasty (Werewolf (or Ghoul) Clemson) After the Vamps got beaten badly team owner Anti, fired them all and went out and got a Necromancer to help form his team. And bnuilding around Speed and Agility seems like a good idea.

#9 Keg City- Garrett Hughesss (Ulfwerner Cal) Norse teams need quality Ulfs and to get one with Block and Mighty Blow and only 1 SPP from the third skill seems like a good deal here.

#10 Blitzburgh Joss "No Loss" Tillard (Gutter Runner UConn) Gutter Runners are vital to the Rats success. IF this guy gets to the end of the first round, the Seers would be crazy not to grab him with his skill set.

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2016 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Arc's Mock Draft: (Part III)

#11 New Oaktree- Jeramy Bryant (Lineman Hawaii) Stat Freak made it out of the 1st Round but the Saints will not allow him to slide any further.

#12 New York- Broooos Sm'iff (Tomb Guardian Mihn'ee) First Big Guy off the board goes to the new Khemri addition to the league as they start to build their Tomb Guardian Core.

#13 Lost Angels- Behn Ooootehkt (Ogre Mihn'ee) Back to back Big Guys... Who can resist a AG4 Ogre? Maybe brasky, we shall see.

#14 San Foulcisco- Chance (Werewolf Karak) Getting a Werewolf with +ST and Sidestep seems perfect for surfing.

#15 Malice- Willie Buchanon (Chaos Dwarf Blocker Slam Diego) While Malice already has 6 Blockers with at least 2 skills, this would be a perfect opportunity to allow the crippled Jim Jeffcoat to retire and replace him with an upgrade of Piling On. And getting the same player as was chosen #2 overall at #15 seems like a Blue Light Special to me!

You may see some players here that I have mentioned Earlier in the Mock. If I am doing a mock installment and a player that I previously suggested for a team does not take them, then I may put them into another slot in a later installment.

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2016 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

You mocked Chance twice....

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2016 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes and Jeramy Bryant. Razz Did you see my last statement?

I have been doing them in installments. And if I was wrong about an earlier pick, I may use that player again where I see fit... Which I realize isn't like a true Full draft Mock but it gives me more chances to be right Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2016 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

LAME
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2016 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Arcayn wrote:
Yes and Jeramy Bryant. Razz Did you see my last statement?

I have been doing them in installments. And if I was wrong about an earlier pick, I may use that player again where I see fit... Which I realize isn't like a true Full draft Mock but it gives me more chances to be right Wink

Well you were right about the #11 pick. Wink

edit: Oh and I'm totally aiming for the Super Bowl this season! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2016 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

This is quite a draft for the Gogres... Wink
Arcayn

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2016 - 06:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Arcayn's Season 17 Mock Draft Part IV

So the draft has caught up to me... But so far I have chosen the correct player on 7 of 15 picks.

Now on to s'more...

#16 Miami- Dee Liner (Marauder Bama) The Kraken seem to be pretty set at the skilled position and here at the midway point of the draft there aren't a lot of High Quality players left. But Liner is ready to take down those dodgy Ball carriers and he has a bit of flexibility with a SKILL choice to be made.

#17 Weaklington- Justin Conzemius (Catcher Mihn'ee) Speed kills... Well not literally But with the pickings getting slim adding +ST guy with Sprint and Surefeet will help to stretch the field against the much slower Orks and Chorfs in the NFC East.

#18 Jacksonville- Cleveland Clark (Marauder Western Illinois) The Pactuars seem to have it all covered at the skilled and Big Guy positions, so here they just go for BLA (Best Lino Available). Clark is a Blodger with a 10 to spend.

#19 Tampa Bowl- Casey Pachall(QB) (Thrower TCU) The Smokeaneers seem to have been slaughtered rather brutally last season. I hope they get some sort of relief in teh way of Comp picks or something. They have lots of skilled positions to fill. And I believe this Accurate Leader with Block and an open skill is about as good as it gets in the second half of this draft.

#20 Atlatl- Ichibei Abukara (Skink Nippon) Struggled with choosing between 2 players. I went with this one because the other had the Dirty Player skill and it almost appears that the Falchions don't like the skill as they have none right now and have only had 6 for the entire existence of their team.

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2016 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

missed that strength wrestle lino....

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2016 - 05:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Special Report: AFC West Review

The division nicknamed the 'AFC Best' continues to be one of the toughest in the NBFL. Long-standing franchises in San Dogo and Oakland have long fought for supremacy, and their epic rivalry (27 meetings and counting) will likely decide the West when they meet in the season finale. New-comers Denvork and Keg City are on their second and first campaigns, respectively, and are slowly accumulating talented players to challenge for the crown.

As of December 7th, with only one week twelve game completed, the standings are as follows:

1. Oakland (7-3-2)
2. San Dogo (6-4-1)
3. Denvork (4-4-3)
4. Keg City (2-3-7)

With only three rounds left, the division is still very much up for grabs. Courtesy of their head-to-head win over the Chompers, the Raiders have the tiebreaker over their rivals...for now. However, their rematch in the season finale, which must be legally mandated because it literally almost happens every year, could easily be a winner-take-all rumble. With the NBFL group page out-of-date, it's hard to say if both teams could make the playoffs, but it has happened before.

The Raiders may currently be in first place but they have been constantly badgered by questions regarding their future. Rumor has it that management has contemplated moving the franchise the past two offseasons, perhaps taking over another established city, or even moving to a brand new one (Las Vegas, anyone?). Further complicating matters, the front office has been searching for a way to break through the "glass ceiling" of the AFC playoffs. In their previous thirteen seasons, the Raiders have only managed to reach the championship game once in their nine post-season attempts. The current team-building philosophy [ie: race] has been the subject of much debate, as having an agile team in the tougher AFC conference certainly has its benefits, but just as many draw backs.

This season in particular has been tough on the veteran Raider team, as notable star players and contributors have been injured, or worse:

Five lineman, 1-2 skills, dead or maimed into retirement.
Stephen Murphy [MIZ] - solid draft pick at #26 overall, dead.
Cory Blane [ODM] - most recent draft pick with dauntless in mind for the playoffs, dead.
Matt "Smashead" Ashmead [UCON] - first ever Raiders legend, gaining extra strength on his final skill...which lasted him about four games, dead.
Brandon Myers - most recent loss, a high-utility lineman who had played in 109 games (well 108.5), dead.

If you throw in both veteran runners losing some of their toughness [armor rating] during the last season and a half, then the roster has certainly lost a lot of talent and experience. Outsiders wonder if this would be the perfect time for the team to rebuild their franchise, whether it is in Oakland or somewhere else. But privately, the team is focused on their immediate goal: to finish out the season as division champs, and make yet another playoff run through the AFC gauntlet of nurgle, chaos dwarves, and other bastards in the hopes of making it to, and ultimately winning, the Super Bowl. [Just win baby.]

Be sure to tune in when the playoffs are beginning for the world-famous, always entertaining, guaranteed-to-not-be-accurate (or your money back), Ex-con's Playoff Preview.

Don't drop the soap.
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2016 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

NBFL Special Report: Playoff Picture

I went through and added up everyone's record so far, not including forfeits:

NFC East
Lustriadelphia Pterosaurs 5-5-1
Malice Cow-Boys 5-4-3
Weaklington Frailskins 4-2-6
New Yorc Giantz 3-0-4
NFC North
Green Ball Attackers 8-1-1
Detroilet Sewer Lions 7-1-3
Minnesota High Kings 6-4-2
Chicago Bear-ds 1-0-10
NFC South
Atlatl 'n' Falchions 4-2-3
Carolina Black Panther Party 6-0-5
Tampa Bowl Smokeaneers 6-0-7
New Oaktree Saints 2-1-8
NFC West
Seattle Werehawks 8-3-2
San Foulcisco 69'ers 3-4-4
Arizona Sinners 4-2-6
Lost Angels of the NBFL 3-2-6

AFC East
New Angryland Bulltrots 6-3-3
Miami Krakens 4-4-5
New Tomb Jets 2-3-2
The Buff 'n' Low Bills 2-0-10
AFC North
Blitzburgh Seers 7-3-2
Cincinatti Bludgeoners 5-4-3
Cleveland Pansy Dawgs 3-2-8
Baltimore Black Anvils 2-2-7
AFC South
Indianapolis Crypts 5-6-1
Tennesse Titanz 4-7-2
Houstovania Wolfens 2-6-4
Jacksonville Pactuars 3-3-7
AFC West
San Dogo Chompers 7-4-1
Oakland Elf Raiders 7-3-3
Denvork Bronkorks 4-4-4
Keg City Brew Chiefs 2-3-7

I don't have excel on this computer so I didn't compute the winning percentage that the group page usually has. If Jeffro/ryanfitz are ok with it, I'll help update the group page. I just wanted to get an idea of how the league was playing out going into the final week, especially with my epic playoff preview coming soon!

Currently it looks like the only division that looks "locked" is the NFC West, where Seattle has ridden a 5-0-1 second half surge to capture the crown.

The NFC North is ridiculously strong outside of Chicago (sorry Aenir), with the three top teams combining for a 21-6-5 record. There's a good chance that all three make the playoffs, though two will have to take the long road to the championship via the wildcard.

The AFC West will have a much hyped de-facto division championship game in the final week with Oakland and San Dogo meeting again. The Chomper's only loss this season was to the rival Raiders, but they've had a stronger second half to take a slight lead. Both teams should make the playoffs regardless of the result, perhaps fated to meet for a third time this year.

The AFC South has seen Tennessee turn things around in the second half to make the division crown an interesting fight. The Crypts have been in the lead most of the year, but have to play San Dogo this week before clashing with the Titanz in their season finale. Just like the aforementioned West, the division title will likely go to the winner, but the loser probably won't be done for the year, either.

The NFC East is a jumble, and I'd need to run the numbers in excel to get a better picture. However the current leaders from Lustriadelphia have two games left: New Yorc and Green Ball. The season finale could be vital for both teams, as Green Ball looks to secure a first round bye, while Lustriadelphia desires the East crown. The Malice Cow-Boys were upset this week, leaving them in a precious position for now.

The NFC South is likewise a mess, with three teams in contention for one spot. Both Carolina and Tampa have several loses, but current leader Atlatl doesn't have enough wins (less than the two aforementioned teams actually), to feel safe whatsoever. This could come down to forfeits, which I haven't taken into account yet. However ATL and Carolina are scheduled to meet this week, and Carolina and Tampa face off in the final week. This could potentially be a third winner-take-all division title fight that the NBFL will offer its fans, which makes for great drama and even better ratings.

The AFC North looks to be Blitzburgh's to lose after a 4-1-0 second half put them in the lead. However, Cincinatti has been one of the best NBFL franchises for several years now, so you can't count them out yet. Blitzburgh has two games left against bottom-tier teams (Balt and NT Jets), while Cinci has to face a solid Miami team. Yet as beat up as they are, Blitz can't start to look ahead; many a new franchise has been brought down by the harsh reality of the NBFL.

Finally we have the AFC East, lead by *yawn* New Angryland. After looking over the numbers again, they probably have also won their division...again. I'm sure their legion of haters are currently packing for another long playoff run so they can cheer for when these guys finally die. Maybe I'll have to curse them again by picking them in my playoff preview...

There you have it folks, more or less.

Don't drop the soap.

Last edited by ex-convict on %b %19, %2016 - %20:%Dec; edited 3 times in total
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2016 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent writeup excon!
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2016 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

not one dwarf team with a respectable record. I think there's a lesson in that.

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2016 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
not one dwarf team with a respectable record. I think there's a lesson in that.

Play moar elfz?
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2016 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Dwarf coaches suck?

If you're gonna update the main page, please include forfeit results.
 Jump to: