51 coaches online • Server time: 12:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Calthor

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2016 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:
The fifth (miraculous) victory for Web of defeat.

Considering a name change to Web of Victory?
Roland

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2016 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:
The fifth (miraculous) victory for Web of defeat. As for strategy and tactics, my team didn't play a great match, but by pressing through the first TD, then taking advantage of a terrible failed ballcarrier dodge by my opponent, we can again claim Nuffle is on our side. With 2 games left of the season, it'll be hard for any team to stop us from finishing in top.

The 2 top team of each qualifying group will end up in the top division next season. No teams is sure to qualify, but if things stay as they are now, we'll be joined by dwarves, half-orcs and other crazy teams.

Tackle will come in handy then Smile
Burnalot

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2016 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like i was completely wrong putting them on the bottom. To my defense I thought they are kinda like the stunty forest gobbos.

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2016 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Some more random stats.

Endless Bloodfest has earned the most SPP with 90, has the most TDs (10) and the most Cas (17). Pale Giants also have 17 cas. Endless Bloodfet has the best cas diff (14), while Pale Giants and Web of defeat has the best TD diff (7)

No players have intercepted a ball yet.

Dan Quick of Vultures of Hatred is far ahead of the next player SPPwise

Carnival of Molotov would've had the most completions, but sadly they went AWOL, so the current team with most completions is [SL] Care Weres with 5.

Pestilens Plagueclaws and Chaos Magick have the most dead players with 4 each.

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2016 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Burnalot wrote:
Looks like i was completely wrong putting them on the bottom. To my defense I thought they are kinda like the stunty forest gobbos.

There are some subtle differences. The goblins have 1 extra move (7/2/3/6 ), the spiders have one more strength, agility and armor (7/4/3/8 ), but does not start with dodge, two-heads or bone head. The Spider riders are the star of the team. They are among the best ballcarriers, but their biggest drawback that they don't get general skills on normal roll. The SL Foret goblin also have a troll and savage orcs instead of stikkas and shamans on the Stunty Forest goblin team.

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2016 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

<...kccccchhhckk...>

NEWS REPORT -- Tor Anroc opens the doors to the Lahmian team Tessldor Eternal Legion and the Engineer team Dorf Dork Engineers. SLUBBA headquarters is hopeful to finish the rest of the season with no more replacement teams, in order to placate the restless investors.

<...kccchk...>
SubbySuccubus

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2016 - 02:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Tessldor Eternal Legion just played our first game in the league, A bloody match and a lucky victory I look forward to many more exciting games and Thank you for allowing me entry.

Blood guts chainsaws and knives, elfs and flings run for their lives, bh, SI, RIP, LOS is the place for graves times three, journeyman they live to die, the LOS is home even ST6 on a tree is useless all alone
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2016 - 02:39 Reply with quote Back to top

With the first season coming to a close, it's time to take a look at the qualifying groups, and try to guess who'll be moving on to the top tier in the coming season.

TOR ANROC

Two teams have been the clear leaders all season: Azure's Vultures of Hatred and Burnalot's Endless Bloodfest. Sadly, they've already faced each other in Round 5, so we don't get to see a faceoff for the title. The Vultures won, but also drew a game with the Hobgoblin Southland Slavers, so they lead the division by 1 point with a game to go.

If the Dwarves can beat the 0-1-4 Kiroshima Flyers, they win the division. If they lose or tie, the Khornate Bloodfest can capture the title with a win against the 2-1-2 Cloud Ascetics. Either way, both teams have clinched promotion into the top division by a wide margin.

Beyond that point, there are a number of possible scenarios. With 7 points in 5 games, the Cloud Ascetics of Nippon seem to have an inside track on the no. 3 spot, but buuface's team could easily lose to Calthor's 1-1-3 Chaos Magick, then finish off with a defeat against the Bloodfest. The Southland Slavers handed the Vultures their only draw of the season, and also have 7 points with one more game to go. They're facing an 0-0-2 mid-season replacement team in the last round, and if they win they'll virtually clinch a second-tier spot. Because of the pair of mid-season arrivals in this division, a surprise third-tier team is virtually assured; the Flyers have a shot at avoiding the bottom rung despite their lowly record, and NikkiClev's Tessidor Eternal Legion can challenge for a spot if they beat the Chaos Magick. (Calthor's team has been hard hit by injury, taking 19 casualties in their first 5 games.)

TOBARO

With one round and one game remaining, the Tilean "City of Pigs" is still up for grabs -- and yet the ultimate result is likely to depend on one game. Russo's Supreme Sons of Heaven face off against the SLUBBA Scrum Scrub Club in a battle of professional sport vs. Northern Nipponese aggression. The Scrubs go into the season's final game with a one-point cushion over the Supreme Sons, and will clinch the title with a victory, but the Supreme Sons can clinch at least a share of the crown if they win out.

Meanwhile, the Sons are tied with the Cinderella team of Tobaro, JackH's diminutive Salt n' Peppa Pyg... making it likely that whatever team loses the Four Nations-Northern Nippon battle will miss the top tier altogether. (For their part, the Pygmies can win the title outright if their rivals tie and they beat finster5's 2-0-3 Darkwood Dwellers, or share it if both they and the Supreme Sons win.)

It's virtually a lock that the 0-0-5 Treemen of Ultrasmash will be in the bottom bracket, along with the Old Powers, a Necrarch team that joined the league late in the season. That leaves three teams challenging for the no. 4 spot, and one of them is the Estalian squad known as Glanderk from Hell, which has announced the intention to disband after this season. That leaves the Darkwood Dwellers, a Zoat team that can make it to 3-0-3 with a round 6 victory over Ultrasmash, and Pleasures Warriors, currently sitting at 8 points with a round 7 game against the treemen coming up. If either team fails to defeat the trees, they'll finish 6th in the division; if both do, their relative position in the league will be dependent on the Dwellers' game against the Pygmies.

KHURESH

The remaining two divisions have further to go than Tor Anroc and Tobaro. The Criminal Masterminds of Estalia are in the best position here, with a 3-1-0 record through 4 games, and their next match scheduled against a rookie replacement team. Barring disaster, CastleMan's Masterminds will advance. They could be joined by Roland's half-orc Pale Giants, who are 3-3-0 through 6 and face the same rookie team in round 7. (Admittedly, they'll be a 2-game team by then, but it's likely a half-orc vs. Eshin matchup favors the former.) Pokrjax's Pestilens Plagueclaws and Zhraia's Secret Seamen are also in good position to finish in the upper half of the table, or challenge an undefeated team if they should falter. (If they manage to go 3-0-0 from here on in, the Plagueclaws would clinch the division... but that's a lot to ask, especially with a round 6 game against the Masterminds included in that total.)

BEL-ALIAD

The original SLUBBA division is also the one furthest from completion, but Shraaaag's Web of Defeat have just about sewn up victory in the division after beating their closest rivals -- Lonek's Necrovalley Guardians -- in Round 5. The 3-1-1 Guardians still have a great shot at second place. The 2-0-2 Broceliande Birches and Care Weres square off in round 5, and the winner is likely to clinch at least the second tier.

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
JackH

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2016 - 04:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking forward to last game nice when it all depends on the last game.
Roland

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2016 - 06:01 Reply with quote Back to top

So exciting!
Calthor

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2016 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Just finished my last match of the season, finally also a match in which I did not get beat up too, so now there is only one more match to go in the Tor Anroc group: Southland Slavers vs Dorf Dork Engineers!

And it's going to be very interesting for me. If the Slavers play a draw or win, then they will end up in place 4... But if they lose, they are equal in points with my team, Chaos Magick, and then TDΔ will be better than that of the Slavers, and I will be in spot 4. So I'm very curious to see that match to find out in which division I will end up in!
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2016 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Another lucky win, we're up to 6 wins out of 6 games, and I get to replace some goblins.

I haven't been very active lately, busy at work, a nasty cold and ofc the new expansion of WoW. I thought I was out, but my 'friends' dragged me back in. No worries, as soon as things cool down, I'll be back to my regular self, and losing games again Smile

Post 21 Posted: Sep 06, 2016 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

SLUBBA is now open for recruitment for season 2. We are looking for 5 coaches, or alternatively in the case of a high amount of interest, 13.

The link to create your team is right on the overview page, after which you can apply for membership under 'teams'. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask them to me or any of the other league admins. Make sure to have a look at the Rules if you are interested, and note that we expect people to generally be able to play within the Euro time slot of 1800 to 2300 bbtime, but we accept coaches from all over the world, as long as this rule is understood.
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2016 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

If anyone's on the fence, and for some reason my opinion makes a difference to them, I highly recommend this league.

(Scrub Club vs. Supreme Sons of Heaven is tonight at 2200 bbtime!)

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
Roland

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2016 - 05:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, gratz to Shraaaag for a perfect season with forest goblins!
 Jump to: