37 coaches online • Server time: 17:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Uedder

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2016 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Well safe throw is actually good for elves. Why? To avoid interceptions.

A developed passer should usually miss the throw on a 1 anyway, so the no-turnover part of the skill isn't that useful anyway.

That being said, i have a thrower whom - right after getting his safe throw - got intercepted by a mummy. Dice will always be dice, but interceptions turn from 1 in 6 chance to 1 in 18 (or 1 in 54 if you have a reroll - i guess but might be wrong). That's huge if you run a passing game, and it gets even better with ag5.
sheepycollins

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2016 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Or just take useful skills for throwers like accurate, sure hands, blodge for safety, strong arm on double, leader if you have nothing else to take.

Tbh I'd take dump off over safe throw but thats just me

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2016 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I gave my Thrower Dump-off instead, as it happens Smile

(Of course, next time I threw a pass that could be intercepted, it happened)

Last edited by Gibsie on %b %04, %2016 - %22:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2016 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Is this similar to the Bloodlust bug BTW?
Uedder

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2016 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

@sheepy

Yes. Accurate and sure hands are surely more useful - as is strong arm. I don't bother with dumpoff or blodge on Passers because i just never leave them in base-contact range. They just stand deep in the backfield and toss it up when there's a minimal threat.
Using them this way (ag4+accurate+strong arm makes for 3+ long bombs) safe throw is very useful (I lost a WO qualifinal to azure for an interception, so i don't undersetimate them anymore Smile).

Of course if you build a more running-like style of thrower all your picks are better, but to me elf (as in pro elf) throwers don't fit much that role with ma6. If i go for a run, it's a catcher carrying the ball.

I guess it really comes down to personal preference, but safe throw, even if bugged, still has its uses.
 Jump to: