19 coaches online • Server time: 08:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sann0638

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2016 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

baelnic wrote:
I happened across this article about Essen and saw the new Blood Bowl. This guy claims they are getting rid of the turnover rule. Can anyone confirm?

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/10/best-board-games-of-essen-2016/

It's rubbish. IP is being moved to optional rules, seems to be the confusion.

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2016 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

IP is a silly rule anyway, I never use it because it's just so immature...
sann0638

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2016 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.thenaf.net/new-box-news/ will try to keep it updated with the best we know.

Last edited by sann0638 on %b %25, %2016 - %12:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2016 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Remove the superfluous comma to make that link work Very Happy

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
sann0638

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2016 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Ta.

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2016 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a prerelease review if you google mengel miniatures review blood bowl.

It is more on the items included rather than the rules but it indicates good quality players and accessories, and that there wont be big rule changes.
Of the models there are 12 for Orcs and 12 for Humans. Though with 6 linos each that means you don't get full Black Orc or blitzer quotas included. Bases have a hole for the ball. Looks great though I think they will drag out the various team model releases.

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2016 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

DrPoods wrote:
Khemri lose decay.

Back to my very first fumbbl team then <3

xnoelx

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2016 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Just in case anyone out there hasn't been hoovering up every speck of information the way I have, we have confirmed dates. Preorders from the 12th and actual release on the 25th of this month for the boxed game, Death Zone book, Skaven team box and Skaven warpstone dice.

And prices are (almost definitely) £65 for the game, £20 for Death Zone.

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2016 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Release date for LRB7? Confused
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2016 - 08:33 Reply with quote Back to top

It seems that overnight, a podcast has been released that includes a GW interview. I don't listen to BB podcasts (so I won't have the benefit of hearing this first hand), but it seems that two main bits of news have broken that will set Internet tongues wagging. Firstly, Gutter Runners get a new skill called Weeping Blade. The skill allows them to reroll Badly Hurt casualties they inflict. Secondly, it was noted that Piling On is going to be optional for leagues.

I don't think either bit of news is wet your pants worrying / exciting / change, at least on the face of it. On GRs, how many CAS do they inflict, anyway? On PO, there are already optional league rules that are commonly used (special play cards as inducements), and in the context of the rules (TT focussed), leagues already house rule or do what they want anyway. I suppose for us, it depends how the rules come out (25th Nov.). We know there are going to be a number of new, fun (read: a bit mad), very optional league rules that heavy Blood Bowlers will not use. I don't know if PO is going to be listed as a skill, or an option along with exploding Snotlings (or whatever). You could also have a long dull argument about whether our main divisions are leagues at all (if not, not optional). PO is already customisable in [L], of course.

Otherwise, all of the usual chat about retaining the core rules, excitement over aesthetic change, but little to nothing of note on the actual game changing. 60 k Human Carchers and Weeping Blade might be the end of it. Might not.
straume

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2016 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

It will be interesting to see whether the NAF adopts these small changes or not. The two you mention will both impact tournament, still they yet seem "harmless" enough that it would make sense to adopt them rather than having differing rule sets.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2016 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Well a NAF tournament isn't a league, so I presume PO's inclusion isn't optional. And how many times do Gutters CAS a player that a coach will consider using an Apo on (making BH reroll important) in your experience?

I have no inside track on what the NAF will do, but I suspect they'll accept all changes. Especially when they are so trivial with respect to their impact on tournaments. I don't think there is any value at all in making a stand for the previous edition over Weeping Blade or 60 k Catchers. All that goes for FUMBBL too, I guess.
Desultory

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2016 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Weeping blade..... What weird trivial changes.
Do the people who are making LRB7 play blood bowl? Maybe he just plays a human team vs his friends scaven team.
Back to hoping FUMBBL makes some other changes.

Last edited by Desultory on %b %11, %2016 - %09:%Nov; edited 3 times in total
straume

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2016 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Don`t underestimate those murderous rats! Smile

But yes, we are in agreement, it would make no sense rejecting 60K catchers or weeping blade. So that means someone needs to amend the CRP. Or make a brand new "NAF-CRP".
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2016 - 09:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Why? The new rulebook (I hesitate to say new rules) will be a .pdf made available on the 25th, right? They'll lack Slann, so all we'll need in addition is that list. Then business as usual.
 Jump to: