9 coaches online • Server time: 05:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Natakutoo

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Threw out the player that hit him?
Nooo... It was far more amusing than that if I remember right. He threw out the player closest when he got up...
Optihut

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

uber wrote:
They should remove that stupid thing altogether, it doesn't add anything interesting to the game.

I'd say it adds player injuries to the game and that's a big factor for BLOODbowl Smile

The old version stinks, though. The new one where everyone could foul without penalties was better from a gamebalance point of view. Given his bad call on diving tackle, I'm somehow not surprised Jervis doesn't see it that way.
origami

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

The old version was better.

For example: With it, a high FF elven team would usually win the get the ref roll. That team could then control the pace of fouling and reduce the chance of getting ripped apart by teams with a lot of DP.

The new version was a definite bonus for teams like Khemri that have lots of DP and lower FF. Basically, every time that GTR was rolled, they would get a chance to maul your team without fear of penalties. Sure, you could foul them back...but with 16 players, regen, and a ton of DP, they would definitely win that war of attrition.

The real problem, however, is DP. If it wasn't so overpowered, then the details of GTR wouldn't matter so much. Honestly, does anybody get particularly worried when GTR is rolled and their opponent has no DP?
Frantisek

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats true, Funso.
I too found that to be the most enjoyable and realistic of the ref rules. Having the ref or multiple refs on the field that move around and randomly call players for fouls that the ref/s run into added a new dimension to the game.

You were forced to keep lanes open if a ref got close to you for fear of getting nailed with a foul. And if you got called, time to take it up with the ref on the field!

SERVE FRIEND COMPUTER!
FRIEND COMPUTER! IS YOUR FRIEND!
Funso

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

If I remember correctly, there was also a skill (or ability) back then called "push", where you simply pushed an opponent back a space without knocking him over.

You could deliberately push an opponent into the ref, and have him sent off.

Great great times.
 Jump to: