33 coaches online • Server time: 03:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Fumbbl on a Steamdec...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which Elf Race Is The Best?
High Elf
13%
 13%  [ 20 ]
Elf
13%
 13%  [ 21 ]
Dark Elf
44%
 44%  [ 67 ]
Wood Elf
28%
 28%  [ 43 ]
Total Votes : 151

Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2005 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Slick wrote:
Well let's look at the stats:

Elf games: 15858 record: 45 / 16 / 39 TD: -0.19 CAS: -1.19

Wood Elf games: 52808 record: 45 / 16 / 40 TD: -0.28 CAS: -1.29

High Elf games: 29724 record: 41 / 17 / 42 TD: -0.44 CAS: -0.74

Dark Elf games: 51885 record: 42 / 17 / 42 TD: -0.47 CAS: -0.62

There you have it Pro Elves are the best at winning, and Dark Elves are the best at living. On the other hand more than 3 times as many games have been played by DE so it's hard to tell how good the Pros really are, but I think you get the point.

As long as you have an artificial open environment such as [R] in which you can pick your opponent this might be true.

In a league with a fixed schedules you'd have highly different results.

AV 7 just sucks.
canaries

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2005 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing sacks the opposition ballcarrier like a wardancer. Sure they get punched to pieces after a while, but while they live theyre the best and most fun team to play. Add a thrower with sure hands and leap + nerves of steel and you get outta trouble in notime.
Colin

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2005 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

This is a mighty complicated subject; against all teams, I think Dark Elves manage best, though my own preference is High Elves - durable, but with catchers for the quick score to get you out of trouble - curiously, against other Elves, Dark Elves perform most poorly - for elf v elf, read on:

According to http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=stats&op=results :

Elves beat Dark Elves
Elves beat High Elves
Elves beat Wood Elves
Wood Elves beat Dark Elves
Wood Elves beat High Elves
Dark Elves equal High Elves

So Elf > Wood Elf > Dark Elf/High Elf , at least in the Elfbowl stakes.

I hadn't realised the new Elf team could outplay the Wood Elves - I'll have to give them a whirl sometime.

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I like the Blitzers on an elf team better than Wardancers but thats just me.
origami

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 04:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Elf blitzers are great. I don't think that they quite equal WD, but they aren't far behind. AV 8 gives them them the ability to do things that would swiftly injure a WD. Personally, I like to give them dodge/tackle/diving tackle. This, combined with their starting sidestep, will severely limit the mobility of your opponents. Agility teams are dependent on easy dodging - take that away and you put a major kink in their game plans.
Jasonian

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I understand why you would want to give the DT, but I'm not wanting to leave my blitzers in a TZ if I don't have to. On offense I try to use them to open a hole and send the rest of them through so that there are to many to cover (you know standard elf stuff). On defense I try to use side step to get me as close to the ball as possible to take it from the opponent. I figure thats the best defense with elves because if you are spending alot of time in the trenches you are getting players hurt.
milnestar

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

DEAD ELVES !

Undead rules

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

the best elf is a dead elf!
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Dead elves are best. So thats three of us, motion carried, all elves are to be killed.

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 07:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Veto'd Very Happy
origami

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Jasonian wrote:
I understand why you would want to give the DT, but I'm not wanting to leave my blitzers in a TZ if I don't have to.

You don't set them in opposing tackle zones all of the time - just ocassionally when it makes sense. Blodge and AV8 let them get away with it pretty well. I use them when I need to reduce the mobility of a single player - putting a tackle zone on the ball carrier or a NOS receiver, for example. I also like to form loose screens around my ball carrier, and it's tough for my opponents to dodge through that screen for a blitz when they are getting -2 to those rolls.

Personally, I think that DT is a little underused here on Fumbbl - especially for those teams who are playing a lot of elf ball. Develop a DT blitzer at some point as an experiment - I think that you will be pleasantly surprised.
Jasonian

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 07:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Cmon people lets vote!
 Jump to: