49 coaches online • Server time: 19:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tor_AlKir

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Instating a rule into Div X is akin to not doing the rule at all
Frankie

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow! Yet another fouling-related thread! Yummy! The difference between fouling and elfbowl is that elves may not get ejected after they pass through the field in a hair-raising style. Mad
poodle-man

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

elves and flings eh? Call em the sylvian team (doesnt one already exist?) throw in a tree man and you have a deal...

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow! Another comment about fouling on this thread!

Some people have fouling on the brain.
Optihut

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem with DP: If you don't have one or two as an elf, you have a really hard time playing the av9 teams. If you do have them, the av7 teams don't want to play you anymore.

The solution? My revised foul policy:

- I won't start fouling, unless you've got a dirty player on your roster or play one of the following teams: Khemri, Undead, Necromantic, Orc, Dwarf, Chaosdwarf, Chaos.

- dirty players will be used.

- fouling may even last till round 8 of the second half, if you annoy me. Case in point, one coach was stalling and made the TD so that I only had 1 round to go, then he set up his bull centaurs on the sides in order to prevent me from efficiently blocking. Since he had been fouling all match long, I blitzed his bull and fouled him for a niggling injury. Endless whines, threats, and complaints followed, so this foul policy came to be as a fair warning to future coaches.
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 03:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe it is not that elves are too expensive, but that av9 players are badly underpriced.
Covertfun

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 03:49 Reply with quote Back to top

the question raised by danielcollins (as distinct from what some others are talking about) IS a thorny one.

He DID bring a new idea to it. Let me throw another idea in there for discussion, not directly related to fouling:

In a long-term league, bashers survive best. Mathematically. Especially because as was pointed out, elves are expensive, and replacing players for them is a real pain, when the FF roll depends on CAS as well as TD.

But here is my idea, i know it's been raised before, but here it is again:

Prize Money

Elves are in with a chance to win the first season of a tournament they play in - their TR rises faster, and there are fewer matches over which to accrue attrition, fewer repetitions of the basic dice roll experiment of not dying. The problem is that they do gradually get mashed, and their regular season-game income isn't generally enough.

But if every so often (or however long the season lasts) they were rewarded for winning games rather than murdering other teams, they might be able to field a full roster at the start of the next season, ready to be worn down by the process of Bloodbowl once again.

Along with house rules like Stadium Apoths, these would all help, but they can only be implemented in a friendly and imaginitive table-top league, rather than on fumbbl, where as i gather, the idea of prize money has been discussed and dismissed as "too easy to abuse"
The_Mighty_Ren

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 03:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Everytime I read danielcollins my eyes see it as dandelions.

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 04:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe decreasing the cost of players, and increasing the cost of re-rolls would be worth considering. That would stop the TR from becoming massively unbalanced, and still make it a lot easier for elves to recover after a couple of cas.

Also, I don't know that it is just the injuries inflicted by the bashers... in the long term, I've suffered a lot more damage from aging than playing bashy teams (i guess my DE with all their ST4 players are a bit tougher than your average elf team though). Aging affects elves a lot more frequently than bashers because the elves skill up faster, and have to replace players a lot more frequently because of it.

oh, and btw, obviously its the elves that are broken ... and the DP that does the breaking Very Happy
 Jump to: