21 coaches online • Server time: 07:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2017 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

they had better not have been MY goats!!!

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2017 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the memories...now I will have a righteous cause to make my blood boil should my SSL orcs ever see one of you nasty Norscans in the Cup.

Meanwhile, I can also recall fondly the best game with Norse that I have ever played, and poor Doofr is on vacation now crying because of my Hooligans. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Traum

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2017 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

They come at night.

At first they only heard rumours.
Rumours and broken pieces of stories about young men missing in the night whispered in hushed voices by the campfire. Too easily disregarded as wive's tales and children's imagination. As time went by, and more young men disappeared, the rumours grew stronger and more plentiful. The sources became more and more reliable. Until the day finally came upon them when the stories could no longer be recognized as mere rumors.

Even though they were afraid to say it out loud, the people of Norsca realized the rumours to be true. The Sons had indeed returned to Norsca, enslaving young men, and forcing them to play for them as they did a long time ago.
The Sons were destined to reclaim their great grandfather's lost title.

The proud people of Norsca wept.

Seventh Son of the Seventh Son is ready to take on any and all teams in NSL from today. Bring it on! Twisted Evil
Kharon

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2017 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Two old and wind-beaten sailors meet in the only tavern of Vinnskor. After trading the normal insults, the talk turns quickly to Blood Bowl and of course on the local team.

"So, what do you think of the Storm's season so far, Oskar?"
"Rubbish, Sven. Utterly rubbish."
"How so? I heard they started decent."
"Pfft. First of all, they started with a tie against those other pointy-ears. No-one died, just one injury on each. The whole game was full of that throw-run-dodge -mess the elves call Blood Bowl. Where's the blood in that?"
"But I heard that the second game was a slaughter, and..."
"Aye, Sven! Them nasty half-men slaughtered the Storm! Sure, the lads won it, but look at the cost! The tree is even more cripple than he was before, and that Oakseed boy is like a wet rag, just waiting to shatter from the next block or boot. And the injuries weren't even the worst part! Can you imagine the laughter, when those halflings just stomped the Storm into bloody pulp?"
"But that's just the first two games, Oskar! They can still turn this around, right?"
"No, Sven. Don't think so. The third match was a loss. A measly 0-1, and no injuries, but a loss still. They played like frozen crap. That foreign coach is starting to slip, I tell you."
"Come on now, two games still to go. We gotta keep cheering for the team! It's not like this gods-forsaken village has anything better to offer..."
"True. Know what? The next one's gonna be a slaughter too. No, no, let me finish! The problem's that the Storm is way outta league for the little greenskins. So: the league big shots are gonna pour gold in barrelfuls for the goblins. And that means bribery, star players, dirty tricks and all sorts of mayhem. Gonna be another stomp-fest, just like against the halflings."
"Sounds like a game you can't afford to miss, then?"
"You're bloody right there, Sven. I've got pitch-side tickets already, are you interested?"

So yeah, my Storm has only a marginal shot at the title this season, especially since Netflux's Microdorfs are marching onwards with a flawless record so far. Also, I'm almost 1000TV overdog against both my two last opponents, which means playing against all sorts of chainsaw-wielding stars and chestfuls of bribes money.

Then again, maybe those saws could trim some broken branches from my team for good, and help with the TV management?
Danish_Dan

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2017 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Smile Very nice post Kharon. And trust me, my cooks tried, they really did. Maybe next season?

Last edited by Danish_Dan on Feb 20, 2017 - 10:10; edited 1 time in total
LemonheadWallenstein

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2017 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

that tree is becoming a legend Very Happy

the oakseed boy too, almost a grand slam of losing stats Very Happy
LemonheadWallenstein

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2017 - 09:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Round 3 is almost over for all the groups, meaning that almost half of the season is already gone. It’s a good time to have a look at the different groups and see who’s favourite, who’s in trouble and the surprising upsets we’ve seen so far.

Sea of Claws:

The Orcs were clear favourites, being the only team to have won three regional championships so far. It didn’t start so good for them this season, with an inaugural loss against the Humans of the Demon, but made up for it with two wins afterwards. With still two games to play for round 3, it’s harder to know where we stand in this group, if Winter Sammakko and Sacrifices to Khorne manage to win, they’ll keep up with the Maniac Mermaids (or even do better in the case of the Humans) and show that they are also favourites for the title. Of the three remaining teams it looks more complicated for the new Chaos Dwarfs team and the newish Vampire team, but the Valkyries might have a card to play depending on the results of the two remaining games. It remains quite an open division.

Sea of Chaos:

Well, Clan Microdorf is still surfing on the dynamic from last season and seems on their way to a new title with 3 wins in 3 games. Both elves teams, the Oilers and the Storm are having mixed results and are not where we expected them, sitting at 7 points with a 1-1-1 record so far. The Halflings are showing once again that they are a solid stunty team, and the new Goblin team is showing that they are here to fight and not be the new punching ball of the North, with a TD scored against the Oilers, but above all 11 causalities inflicted in 3 games. But the major upset of the division came from the new Chaos team, the Ice Tooth Marauders, managing a win against the Oilers in game 3, with the help of 2 bribes, Spleenripper and two mercenaries. Still, they’re having a strong first season with a 2-0-1 record (the loss being against the might dwarves), so showing a lot of promises for future seasons.

Kraken Sea:

What was arguably the most open division of the four is keeping his promises. The Boneyard is having their best season so far, with 2 wins on the field and one concession, they are strongly holding the first place. But the cold-blooded Yellow-Eyes are right on their tails, not willing to give up their division title, and it looks like we are setting up for an amazing last game for both team, with what should be a little final. But of course, the ragtag team of misfits of Shraaaag is not going to be an easy game for the Lizards, and they’ll be especially pumped if they manage to win against the Rost Rats first. It’s been a complicated season for the Norse teams, with two changes due to coach Timetis disappearance, with one game played by the aptly named Hooligans, earning for coach meatball20 the honour of being the only coach having played in both the NSL and the SSL, before the Commissioner realized it wasn’t allowed. Traumstunde jumped on the occasion to win a spot in the league and show the whole of Norsca that he really likes the number 7. But after a complicated match in Skeggi, the Firedrakes are going to want to show the Norse that it’s not an easy league for newcomers, and in the meantime, win their first game of the season.

Frozen Sea:

This division was a good mix of well-established teams and two newer teams, with many teams being able to play for the title. The second season is proving complicated for the Creeper in the Frossborg, but they’ll be willing to show what they’re made of in the last two games. The Draugr had a rough start with a draw and a loss but managed to win their third game and are still keeping close to the first places. The Vikings are also somewhat underperforming but will be eager to show what they’re made of in the last two games. The Critters, back to the division of their only title, were off to a good start with two wins, and especially one for their first confrontation with the Draugr, but it came to an halt when they faced the Philosophers. In their third face-off ever, the Ogres showed them what’ what and managed their first win against the Critters. They also did a number on them, injuring the Beast and one Warrior, which will be sorely missed against Couronne. The Crazies are being the wild card of the division and can take an option on the title if they manage to win against Kärsämäki. The Vikings will have a harder time, having to face first the Draugr, and then, in what might be a little final depending on the results, the Critters. Be sure to tune in for those two games!

Nightmares vs Sacrifices to Khorne tonight at midnight (Round 3)

Creepers vs Philosophers, tonight, time TBC

Crazies vs Critters, pick your style of Chaos, on Wednesday at 21.
kummo

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2017 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

21:00 server time Smile
LemonheadWallenstein

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2017 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Avenge me kummo! Go Frossborg!
LemonheadWallenstein

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2017 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

do it for danglemildew, he's going to miss his first game ever!
SkavenLordVinshqueek

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2017 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

wallenstein wrote:
Sea of Claws:

The Orcs were clear favourites, being the only team to have won three regional championships so far. It didn’t start so good for them this season, with an inaugural loss against the Humans of the Demon, but made up for it with two wins afterwards. With still two games to play for round 3, it’s harder to know where we stand in this group, if Winter Sammakko and Sacrifices to Khorne manage to win, they’ll keep up with the Maniac Mermaids (or even do better in the case of the Humans) and show that they are also favourites for the title. Of the three remaining teams it looks more complicated for the new Chaos Dwarfs team and the newish Vampire team, but the Valkyries might have a card to play depending on the results of the two remaining games. It remains quite an open division.

Due to starplayers being unavailable and the vast TV differences the Ice Tooth Dicers are going to be up against during their match-ups against both the Mjorkford Maniac Mermaids and Sacrafices to Khorne (sorry radge, but I don't envy you in that position...), the winner of this division will be decided by how much the Valkyries or Winter Sammako are going to cause some chaos.
Even if the Humans will lose to my Amazons (and damn, on paper this will be a fun match to play and spectate), I think the Humans will be taking the title this season. Assuming that the Orcs will in the end beat the Slann, it comes down to tiebreakers, in which case the Humans are still in a better position.

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2017 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a scandal. Season 5 banners been stuck in Erengrad for what seems an eternity. This is the last time we barter silk from Cathay. The toll is stupendous.

VERY BELATED SEASON 5 AWARDS

Nidhoggstad Firedrakes (pythrr)
19.0 spp/game
5.2 comps/game
ImageImage

Naglfari Vikings (ttorvatn)
2.0 TD/game
44.0 rushing/game
ImageImage

Clan Microdorf (Nextflux)
4.5 cas/game

Vestligkyst Valkyries (SlavenLordVinshqueek)
6.4 passing yards/game

Krova's Boneyard (Azure)
55.0 blocks/game

Durfang Draugr (Matthueycamo)
4.8 fouls/game

Please add banners to your team BIOs as you see fit. You can find easy to copy-paste BBCODE by clicking the RESOURCES tab at the NSL group page.

For complete stats click the TEAM STATS tab here.
* awards are given based on per-game performance -- e.g. TD/game, CAS/game, etc.
** teams must have completed a whole season to be considered.
*** tie-breaker is most number of games played.
SkavenLordVinshqueek

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2017 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

As I stated to The_Demon during our match, I am currently sitting through a series of useless games here on FUMBBL. It's not so much as that I am having one-sided wastes of time, but it's more the matter that I knock down my opponents, but fail to get them off the pitch. (You know, where you knock stuff down, but where don't injure them). Now, with our encounter (resulting in him claiming this season's victory), that seemed to become the case, especially when you look at what the dice had been doing for the evening:

37/65 succesfull blocks (1 failed) vs. 17/32 succesfull blocks (2 failed) = 57% vs. 53%
24/49 armour breaks vs. 9/21 armour breaks = 49% vs. 43%
1/24 injury rolls resulting in casualties vs. 3/9 injury rolls = 4% vs. 33%

... and yes, that weird lopsidedness (sp?) with injury rolls is following me around far too much. *rolls eyes*...

Now, to shed some light on the weirdness of this game. After the first drive, The_Demon had five KOs (of which three returned). After the second drive, he had an additional KO (taking him to three, though all returned). After the third drive, he had an additional KO (that didn't return). At the final whistle, there were two additional KOs (of which none returned)... So, that's nine KOs inflicted!

How different things could've been, were those injury rolls a little higher...

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2017 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

It's been a while, but here are some random stats for this season and the current teams.

Sacrifices to Khorne continues their plan to gather all the SPP, by winning games and getting spp. THe only team who has won 4 matches so far this season (still 1-2 rounds left though), and with a total of 71 SPP.

The player with the most SPP this season is Citlalmina of Skeggi Yellow Eyes with 21. It has also scored the most TDs this season with 7

Skeggi Yellow Eyes has scored the most TD with 9, and Ginnungagap Invaders and Seventh Son of the Seventh Son has given up the most with 8

An interesting fact, allthough he is not the only player with 15 fouls this season, Skolmr Skinkstomper of Durfang Draugr has only been on field for 16 turns.

The overall top player is Stefnir Krumrson of Durfang Draugr with 94SPP.

Nochehuatl of Skeggi Yellow Eyes is the least harmfull player with no cas after 85 blocks. And Nochehuatl of Microdorf is the most violent with 32 cas (10 ahead of the next player)

Graelings Philosophers has, not surprisingly, lost the most players with 21 dead with 21. However if you don't count the snotlings, Sjotraken Oilers has the most dead teammates with 17.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2017 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

" The pouring rain,
Sticks my hair to my face,
An empty gaze is all I have left..."

Dorochon Oakseed sang quietly as he readied himself for the game. He strapped his thin armour over his aching body and grabbed his dented helmet. He wasn't really familiar with that song. It was just something he had heard his team's wardancers sing, but he hoped it would distract him from the coming match, and maybe bring him some peace of mind.

"The stars that once lit my way have dimmed,
The sky turned grey,
The path once so clear
Faded away..."

Dorochon continued the song as he jogged down the sideline. He didn't even have a chance to sit on the bench before coach Kharon shouted out his orders:
"Deeee-fence! Double wide! Oakseed, Hazelfang, Snowbone; on the line! Second line..."
Dorochon didn't need to hear the rest, and he really didn't even need to hear the beginning, since he knew he'd be on the line whatever happened. Defence, offence, safe play, last minute desperates... Dorochon was always on the line. If he could play, that is. He had been hurt so many times, that he'd lost the count of his injuries. Only time he couldn't feel the aches, pains and stiffnes the broken bones and concussions had brought, was on the line. Because on the line fear replaced the pain.

He took his place beside the once-mighty treeman, Hazelfang, and hummed softly.
"Blessed are the days when life is intent and clear,
No falter or doubt,
I know the way..."

Oh Merciful Mother, he thought to himself. How did I end up here? His family had tended the mighty oaks of the sacred forest for generations, but for him the fate had reserved a plan far more cruel. Captured by the ruthless norsemen and forced to play this game of savages with no hope for rescue. His life seemed to be a hazy nightmare of fast violence on the pitch and slow suffering outside of it. All he could hope for was a clean and relatively painless death. He no longer could tell if he feared or longed for death and oblivion.

"They are the days, I hoped,
I have never stepped from this road,
The spark I once had,
Seems to have died..."

The song died on his lips as the opposing team lined up. Right in front of him was a wall of trolls. A yard taller than him, and built of marble-hard muscle, the trolls blotted out what little sun shone on Dorochon. From somewhere behind the trolls he could hear the sniggering of the goblins as they unveiled chainsaws and grenades. Dorochon closed his eyes and felt the cold terror push away the pain from his joints.

"Dorochon! Sing! Sing with me!"

He glanced over his shoulder, surprised. It was Rodor Lionclaw, the mighty wardancer who had shouted at him. He stared at Dorochon with a challenging look on his face. "I... I don't know the rest... I'm sorry, I shouldn't have..." he replied, worried that he had somehow offended the wardancer.

"Then sing with us! You know how, the song lives within you!" Rodor shouted. Then he nodded to the other wardancer, and they started to sing in unison:

"Stand Up and Fight,
Stand Up and Look Into The Light,
Pushing the clouds away...
Stand Up and Fight,
Stand Up and See The Sky Turn Bright,
Fight for a better day...

After the first words, Dorochon was singing at the top of his voice. Almost screaming the lines to the growling troll in front of him. He didn't even hear the starting whistle as he was so enthralled by the courage he found from the song.

---

After the match Dorochon insisted on helping to carry Rodor's body from the stadium, despite his own injuries. As he limped under the weight of the wardancer's body, he couldn't but wonder, what was the cruel fate that kept him alive, but reaped finer men all around him?

---

Storm vs. Skadistad Harbour Skraelings 3-1, but at a dear cost. World has one ST4 wardancer less.

(Credit to where it's due, the lyrics are from "Stand Up and Fight by Turisas.)
 Jump to: