55 coaches online • Server time: 17:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post How open file jnlp?goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Endzone

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2017 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

The role of the player is key, and for me this guy's primary role is a ball carrier on offence and his secondary role is as a sweeper on defence. More +stats and Dodge are what you really want to make him more awesome in his primary ball carrying role but with Sure Hands and Block already in the bag there isn't anything awesome you can give him for ball carrying duty on a normal role (you can make an argument for Stand Firm so he can hug the side lines as a ball carrier or for Fend so you have a bit more control when opponents try to sack him, but neither are that great) so I'd be thinking about his secondary role. Tackle is the winner. I would probably then go Strip Ball if he rolls a double again next time. Guard and Mighty Blow are great skills but much less so for ball carriers and sweepers who are all about staying away from opposing tackle zones (so use guard much less) and don't tend to make blitz actions unless to punch a hole through to score or to sack (so use Mighty Blow much less). Whilst Tackle is the stand out winner for me I appreciate not everyone will agree with Strip Ball. However, also consider that if as ball carrier he does get sacked, having a ST, AG4, Sure Hands, Tackle, Strip Baller ready at the scene of the crime to regain the ball is golden.

Once he has Tackle, Mighty Blow becomes better as a later skill choice due to the synergy and secondary option for your blitz action.
Endzone

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2017 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

As for the line orc, from a TV perspective, with three normals he is past break even so if you are TV minded you should probably let him go. However, if you sack him he will never roll double (MBlow), double (Piling On), double (Jump Up) for the most kick-ass-skill-combo-legend orc lineman to have graced the atsrogranite!
zakatan

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2017 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Banjoclan wrote:
Any opinions on keeping or firing the tackle/block/pro lineorc?

Fire him.

legend him

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2017 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Firing the lineorc depends on
a) If it is a league (then no)
b) If it is ranked, then do you have enough tackle?

Also when you said you weren't very sure how to use Stand Firm, have a look at my 10 minute recaps:

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=28391

For some tips.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
garyt1

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2017 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Block tackle pro is a very useful fella if you want strength in depth. You can always play riskier with him if you are not sure on his value.