52 coaches online • Server time: 13:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should Bombers on Goblin Cheaters be allowed to throw bombs on a blitz action?
Yes, they cheat to win, so even if it is a bug, leave it!!
37%
 37%  [ 25 ]
Yes, there is no reason why they cannot.
40%
 40%  [ 27 ]
No, the rules for rolling a Blitz on Kickoff were changed to allow for less damage on the receiving team so this is too much of an advantage.
13%
 13%  [ 9 ]
No. I hate goblins of all types and want to see them rot in hell.
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
None of the above....I posted my choice below because the creator of this poll could not read my mind.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 66

celas

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I played a match against goblin cheaters in which the bomber hurt a few of my players when tossing a bomb after they kicked off and rolled the Blitz result. A friend of mine tried to recreate this action using gnomes in a stand alone game, but could NOT throw a bomb when he rolled a blitz. I am wondering if this is a bug, or perhaps too big of an advantage when playing cheaters or gnomes (e.g., having 2-4 bombs and a regular blitz against you while you receive).

Last edited by celas on %b %11, %2005 - %23:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Goallie11

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

There's nothing saying they can't so I say let em.
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

ROT GOBLINS! ROT!

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

LRB4 says a player with a bomb can throw the bomb instead of taking any other action, so this is perfectly fair. Shame they can no longer foul anymore! Razz
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheesy exploit? I'm hurt...

Z

ps. Check your post... you're missing a 'not' in there somewhere.
celas

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheesy exploit was only added to mimic the infamous Fouling thread. It had nothing to do with coach of the other team, should he happen to read this thread Razz

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I played a match against goblin cheaters in which the bomber hurt a few of my players when tossing a bomb after they kicked off and rolled the Blitz result. A friend of mine tried to recreate this action using gnomes in a stand alone game, but could NOT throw a bomb when he rolled a blitz.

Doh! I think there was a miscommunication.... I am said friend, and I thought he meant bombing after a blitz action by a player. I could not get a gnome bomber to either block or blitz after throwing a bomb, or bomb after blocking or blitzing. My mistake on that one! Razz

That said, I'm actually more on the side of allowing such an action to take place. Cheaters have to rely on their secret weapons to do damage, and that's the whole purpose of their team- to play underhanded cheesy ball. Gnomez on the other hand, have Mad Bommaz frum da Ghettoz of the Warhammer Univerze. Ghetto thugz ain't play by the rules, hear? Wink

~hunter

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see why they shouldn't since bomb can sometimes hurt you more then help.
Sionis

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Goblin cheaters.
DoubleSkulls

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 04:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Officially you can't throw a bomb or perform a TTM or anything other than take a move action or a single blitz action on a blitz. Throwing a bomb is its own action type - it is not a move action. You aren't allowed to foul either.

So this is a difference in the client that you can exploit.

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

SUmmary: It's nice to see a poll in stunty where most people vote in the same direction. And let the bombs fly......