36 coaches online • Server time: 19:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wang

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2017 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

So, a new box set was released with new rules. Are those available online as a pdf for me to read through?
Gozer_the_Gozerian

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2017 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

If you mean for free, then no, they are not. The changes from CRP to BB 2016 are listed here though: http://www.thenaf.net/2016/11/from-crp-to-bb2016/

You can buy a digital copy of the new rules online, through the My Dugout app.
Wang

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2017 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Given the way GW has gone, no surprise the rules aren't free like CRP was. Thanks for the link!
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2017 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Wang wrote:
Given the way GW has gone, no surprise the rules aren't free like CRP was. Thanks for the link!

Why would they give away rules to a game they are trying to sell? That is called bad business. Its like $25 for the rules online. Creak open that wallet, and blow the dust off of it.

Jeffro
pokrjax

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2017 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Age of sigmar has free rules...
Squiglet

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2017 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

pokrjax wrote:
Age of sigmar has free rules...

All 4 pages of them. I remember when WHFB was a hardback volume with a couple of hundred pages - oh gone are the days of sitting up all night devouring the rules to a new game - getting excited about the different formations - imagining masterfully drawing up your cavalry from single file to chevron formation (helped with their Ld roll by the presence of a musician and champion of course) for a glorious charge into enemy ranks.... ahh it was all better when the minis were made of some dubiously lead like metal and, the paints were probably toxic and we though head banging was a good idea. Makes me wonder how we remembered all theose rules with the damage we were inflicting on our brains.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2017 - 19:00
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

About time you came back though.
Hard talking to past persons when they don't log in ever!
Roland

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2017 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

This is all you need:
https://fumbbl.com/help:SecretLeague
Wang

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2017 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

keggiemckill wrote:
Why would they give away rules to a game they are trying to sell? That is called bad business. Its like $25 for the rules online. Creak open that wallet, and blow the dust off of it.

Fair enough, I suppose during the Living Rulebook days, there wasn't a shiny new box on the shelves. That said, the new box doesn't have much that is new in it. Most of the stuff is the same but different. As I have a base set and several teams, the only thing I want is the rules. In this day and age, so many board game rules are available online on manufacturers' sites that I just can't be bothered to pay for even $25.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2017 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

keggiemckill wrote:
Wang wrote:

The rules are just an excuse to sell miniatures, which is their business.

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2017 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

How do you get the rules on PC?

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2017 - 11:11
FUMBBL Staff

koadah wrote:
How do you get the rules on PC?

You pretty much don't. Although in theory, you could try installing android on a VM and get the my dugout through there. Might work, might not.. Probably not worth your time or the effort to try though Smile
Christer

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2017 - 11:14
FUMBBL Staff

That being said, most rules are in Death Zone, which you could buy on its own and probably be fine. The base game rulebook is pretty much the absolute basics of the game (blocking, etc). Most people who've played the game with the CRP ruleset would be perfectly fine with only DZS1.
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2017 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I have already bought the rules on ipad. PC is just a lot more convenient for me.

I did have an android emulator installed. It ran like a three legged dog though. Wink

I suppose sooner or later someone will can it to PDF.

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2017 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
I suppose sooner or later someone will can it to PDF.

yep, I was surprised when I've heared "Age of Sigmar rules are freely available"... until I wasted 5 minutes of my life reading them.

Nah, I don't like AoS at all.
And if you ask me, the best 40k army book is the one you find at the end of the 4th version ruleset.

Jump to: