75 coaches online • Server time: 23:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post killing by fun?goto Post Pact/Renegades meta
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What to give to a AG5 line-elf?
+AG, AG6 equals cheat mode
50%
 50%  [ 16 ]
Dodge, helps him survive
37%
 37%  [ 12 ]
Tackle, helps popping the ball
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Wrestle, see above
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Pie, everyone needs pie
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 32

Kharon

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2017 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Lanchanar of the Karond Kar Whiplash rolled 6+5 for his fifth skill. Do I take the AG6, or something else?

I use him as a sacker on defense and on offence he pairs up with my AG5 blitzer to move the ball over and around opposition.

I know AG6 has limitations with passing and doesn't improve his leaping, but would help him getting in or out of cages. Then again, dodge would up his survival chances, and tackle or wrestle help to pop the ball. I've never had AG6, so I have no experience on how useful it would be.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2017 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't take the +AG, it's little added value and there are still too many normal skills that he really needs and can't get. I think I wouldn't have made him a sacker (AG4 is normally enough for that) but now that you've given him Strip Ball, probably Wrestle is the most logical choice. Shame he already has Block. I would much prefer him with Dodge and Sure Hands instead of Strip Ball but that's just me.
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2017 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Take the +AG. He is beyond the point of specialization that Verminardo is talking about. AG6 is great on pick ups, catches in TZ and dodging to actually use that SB. He can now dodge into a cage on 3+ and hit the ball carrier with SB if he does not have SH.

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2017 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Ag6 does amazing things. It loses a bit when you have Leap, BUT it does offer far greater mobility. Save your leap for Diving Tackle and Tackle, abuse 2+ on any other move you need. He's now both your stripper and your ball retriever. Hell, get the ball in multiple TZs and then pass out of them on a 2+ to someone better suited to ball handling. I'd probably just take it because I find it hard to pass on Nuffle's gifts.

That said, I'd probably skip and take Dodge here.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2017 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

He can Leap on a 2+ anyway PS. If he didn't already have Leap mayyybe but such as he is, nope. If you don't want to give him sacking skills Dodge is certainly much more valuable than the +AG at this point.
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2017 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge if you want to give him a chance to make legend.

But not just protection: the dodge rr helps him do everything better.

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2017 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Not fast enough for AG6, take dodge
tmoila

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2017 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Because wasted picks of leap and strip ball BEFORE dodge, take dodge.

I mean, if he would've taken dodge after +ag and then leap, +ag would be a great pick. Now it's just... really meh, as he has strip ball and leap in his skillset.

More dodge for blodge god.

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2017 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

tmoila wrote:
Because wasted picks of leap and strip ball BEFORE dodge, take dodge.

I mean, if he would've taken dodge after +ag and then leap, +ag would be a great pick. Now it's just... really meh, as he has strip ball and leap in his skillset.

More dodge for blodge god.

Slann Concepts are too hard to pass up
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2017 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I have an amazing AG6 DE lineman who just wins games.

But the build is totally different, with blodge/surehands.

For this guy, because you already took leap (why did you take leap before dodge????) there is zero point for AG6 though.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2017 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

AG5 leap is great. Dodge makes sense to give him options for dodging and leaping. IF he makes it to legend tackle could be a good option for cage breaking. Sure hands aint bad either.
ag6 will make him a 2+ beast who can win games though no sure hands or dodge is bound to lead to some rolls of 1 leaving him in a pickle.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2017 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I hit dodge but I have changed my mind. Once the ball is free, ag6 will help you pick it up.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
fidius

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2017 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

AG6 is highly entertaining, but without Dodge it's a lot less valuable. 100 SPP is a lot. Think I'd go Dodge then Wrestle (or Juggs).
 Jump to: