23 coaches online • Server time: 04:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who is teh sexiest OBBA star?
The Duke
49%
 49%  [ 26 ]
The Duke
50%
 50%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 53

DeZigma

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2016 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Next bagdes ...

ImageImageImage

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2016 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

nomby badgeroonies!

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2016 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone able to make a sweet Intercontinental Cup?
Really need to add that title to my silverware-section... and suck massive with graphics
Leatherneck

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2017 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/i/510836

Last edited by Leatherneck on Jan 06, 2017 - 00:42; edited 1 time in total
Leatherneck

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2017 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

something like that?
b4nshee

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2017 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Bob: "Hello sportsfans, welcome to our game recap for tonights OBBA match. This is Bob Bifford and besides me sits Jim Johnson for NBCCG."

Jim: "Howdy Bob! Tonight we take a look at one of the by now classics of OBBA - the apes from Rotterdam meet the Orcs from Orcmund."

Bob: "Yeah, Jim. That is a true classic. The teams have already met four times with the Orcs being on a three-game-winning streak. I always have to remember Klopporc, the Orcmunds’ coach, saying after their first match and only loss against Blijdorp so far something like: “We wunt forg’ dis. We rememb’ an’ dan we take revenge!” He has really made his words come true, Jim!"

Jim: "That's for sure, Bob. And you can bet he had some nice plans for tonights match which has ended only half an hour ago. But lets have a short look at both teams' situations before the match."

Bob: "Both teams started with huge handicaps into their match. Orcmund is missing star runner Henry Mickeysomething and rookie linorc Sokratis Papaunspeakable. They also have to moan about the loss of Eric Durmb, one of their famous squad of Blockers. He died in their recent preseason friendly from a murderous block by Denis Lathoud, long serving Gorilla for Paris Simyin Gang. Rotterdam on the other hand is missing Willem van Hanegem III. He received a harsh blow from Tony Watt, one of Tynecastle's Wardancers, during their loss in the first round of the League Cup. As far as I know he's still under concussion protocol."

Jim: "Indeed, Bob. Both teams have to compensate the loss of some of their key players. And the Orcs surely had in mind to cause the apes even more trouble. I can see Ugroth Bolgrot during warm up with the Orcs."

Bob: "Yay, I love the sound of chainsaws on the pitch. Let's hope he'll do some damage, Jim."

Jim: "Sorry to interrupt you, Bob, but the game has just started. The Orcs chose to go first which was to be expected given they hired Ugroth."

Bob: "Ooooh, that must have hurt! Just as the ball was underway the saw carved deeply into John de Wolf. Lots of blood dripping from the chain and the Gorilly is our for the game. What a start for Ugroth!"

Jim: "Yeah, that must have been what Klopporc must have had in mind with him. Okay Gündogan caught the ball and is now lurking behind his offensive line, waiting for the opportunity to go deep. But wait! What is that? That's Henrik Larsson II dancing around the Orcs' lines as if they were mere poles!"

Bob: "And he's brought Gündogan down, Jim. What a play! And Pierre van Hooijdonk even tops it as he runs in to pick up the ball, dodging all tackles on his way there! Now that must have been what Medon, the Ape's coach, had in mind."

Jim: "Very true, Bob, but both apes are in a dangerous situation now. See! That's what I meant! Larsson goes down to Marco Fyke and van Hooijdonk is knocked out by the saw, while Maurice Leader, star thrower for the Orcs, catches the ball."

Bob: "Just wait, Jim, don't go overboard on the Orcs. I am pretty sure the apes can take revenge there. And just as I tell you, fans, Bonaventure Kalou blitzes Ugroth who is hit by his own saw now. He follows Pascal Stencil to the KO box. Stencil stayed to close to the sidelines and was beaten up by angry Rotterdam fans."

Jim: "Numbers dwindling now fast for both teams, but the Orcs seem to have the better field position. Leader brings the ball to the right wide zone and carries it deep downfield under the protection of his teammates."

Bob: "Yeah, they are doing a very good job tonight, pushing Ove Kindvall into the crowd just opposite of where Stencil was beaten up. And the Orcs' fans go wild on him. Only with the help of the team's apo and some coaching staff does he make it back to his bench."

Jim: "And that's why Maurice Leader is his team's captain, Bob! Instead of making the touchdown himself he passes the ball to blitzer Swan Bender who then runs it in for the 1-0 lead. Nice drive by the Orcs - but didn't they score too early, Bob?"

Bob: "Some might think so, Jim. The teams line up now for Rotterdam's first drive. But what is that? A riot, Jim, a riot! And the ref just lets the clock run down! The drive starts with only seconds left on the clock and no chance for the apes to score."

Jim: "Do we have a discussion about the refs now, Bob?"

Bob: "No, WE certainly don't - but the fans will discuss this situation for sure!"

Jim: "And Rotterdam clearly is out for some revenge, Bob! Just look at Kindvall, his eyes are red with anger and the spit is flying from his fangs. I'd rather not get in his way now..."

Bob: "Neiter would I, Jim. Not sure how the Orcs down on the field feel now... And BOOOOM! That's what you get from making Kindvall angry! He just runs through Never Subotic, a rookie line orc. And you can bet that he won't come back. Is that his guts lying on the pitch there, Jim?"

Jim: "That must have hurt. Yes, they are, Bob. And looking at the staff who dragged the lifeless Orc from the pitch he won't come back ever..."

Bob: "Well, the fans are loving it, Jim, while the teams are lining up for the second half. The Orcs will have to kick. Van Hooijdonk picks up the ball and waits in the backfield, protected by a wide screen of apes."

Jim: "Maybe that screen was too wide. Swan Bender is finding a way through and blitzes the Onrangutan - but the furry one manages to stay on his feet and keep the ball. Seems like the Orcs overcommitted on that opportunity. Their center is now open and just as I say so the ape runs forward, hands off the ball to van Persie II and he penetrates deep into the Orcs' backfiel. Is he already through or can the Orcs catch him?"

Bob: "Well, Jim, it doesn't look as if they were even trying! They are just bashing away at there opponents. With so many of his players on the ground Medon gives van Persie a wink - and he easily steps over the scoring line to tie the game 1-1!"

Jim: "Bob, I think that was a mistake. The apes clearly could have stalled a bit longer there. But anyways - the game doesn't wait for ifs or maybes. The apes are kicking now and the Orcs are trying to get a quick touchdown. They send Bender and Fyke deep downfield as receivers and Gündogan brings the ball to the line of scrimmage."

Bob: "The apes bring down Fyke, but they can't hold back Bender. With some assistance he blitzes his way through to the end zone while, after a quick hand off from Gündogan to Leader the ball is in the air - AND HE CATCHES IT, JIM, HE CATCHES IT! TOUCHDOWN ORCMUND!"

Jim: "Wow, what a nice play from the Orcs. AND LOOK AT KALOU, BOB, LOOK AT KALOU! HE'S NOT MOVING - HE'S DEAD, JIM! That was an ace play from Bender there - killing the frenzied Bonobo while going deep for the pass from Leader! The game is now 2-1 for the Orcs - but can Rotterdam start another come back? Time is already running out here, Bob."

Bob: "You are right, Jim. That must have been the play of the day for sure! Such a harsh blow for the apes to lose their star Bonobo. But they start a desperate rush down their left wide zone. Gábor Babos is running at the top of his speed along the sideline, protected by Taument, Cruz, and de Goey"

Jim: "The sideline hasn't been a friend to either team, Bob..."

Bob: "I can see it coming, Jim. Leader and Bender are blocking Babos' way and Gündogan blitzes Taument, bringing him down and pushing him into Babos who promptly loses his balance, stumbles over the side line and vanishes into the crowd. Several seconds go by before the ball is thrown back onto the pitch by the fans."

Jim: "But it is not over! Rotterdam has still a chance at the tie. De Goey is trying to blitz Gündogan to clear the path for Larsson - and he fails! Gündogan clearly outsmarted him there. That's game now, Bob, that's game!"

Bob: "It is, Jim! The Orcs win a stunning match against there rivals from Rotterdam with 2-1. It was a gorgeous match, Jim, lots of heat on the pitch and three touchdowns."

Jim: "And we also witnessed the death of a star. I am sure the fans will never forget Bonaventure Kalou who collected an astonishing 22 casualties during his career with Rotterdam."

Bob: "He will surely be missed, Jim - but that's Blood Bowl, fans. It has Blood in its name for a reason..."

Jim: "And with that we have to say good bye, sports fans! I am Jim Johnson..."

Bob: "... and I am Bob Bifford for NBCCG..."

Jim: "... and we hope to see you back with us for our next match report..."

Thunder and lightning heading your way
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2017 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

noice!!

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2017 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys, do you have place for football addicted BB player? I realise that season already started, but might by for next one?
Nicodemus1

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2017 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Do we have a Dicord channel for OBBA? It's pretty good imho

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2017 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

bbart wrote:
Hi guys, do you have place for football addicted BB player? I realise that season already started, but might by for next one?

Although you did not get a reply in this thread concerning your question I assume you got contacted by one of the admins? If not please write a pm to pythrr, I am pretty confident there will be a spot for you right at the start of the next OBBA / league cup season. Smile

pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2017 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

yes, mail me

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

OBBA history STATS

for those interested, here are the stats for the ENTIRETY of OBBA's history

see pm

Last edited by pythrr on Apr 21, 2017 - 20:37; edited 1 time in total
b4nshee

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps you could edit your previous post for the reasons candlejack stated in the pm? Smile

bisonbison

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2017 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Anole Villa was welcomed to OBBA league 2 with a 7 casualty pasting by Bristol Ogres. We walked away with 3 saurus mng and a dead Krox! And a draw.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2017 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Bristol Reavers 1-1 Hellas Nurglona

The game starts tough for the smelly ones who decide to opt for a defensive tactic a little to make the dude mental toys a bit to save pieces to deploy in the second half. In fact the sberles are not too late to arrive and while filling the KO booth is also cylindrical for the game Luca Toni, well-known team opener. And piff and paff the flywheels fly and little serve the elves dodging that the rovers are able to perform to put the pepper to the ass to the opponents: the numbers taper and the first time sees the obvious dominance of the poodles, marking the end of the eighth turn.

"The claw will chew up" says pythrr
"You should make t-shirts with that" replies awambawamb, looking at his 9-players bench

The prophetic words of pythrr materialize in the second half, where the physiologists give a move and finally begin to shoot orcs at the sound of jumps and pestons on the balls on the ground. While awambawamb keeps the referee in the air, wringing his eyes with a tearful teaspoon of rusty tea. The screws bloaters are pointing to the draw and deflating from the game with cool determination the most disgusting elements of the opposing team, assuring a radiator escape to the opposing endzone and closing with a quartz 1-1.

"The claw will chew up" says `pythrr
"We will make t-shirts with that" replies awambawamb, looking at the dead referee lying on the sideline

Jump to: