39 coaches online • Server time: 00:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GutRot

Post   Posted: May 10, 2017 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

So basically I'm crap at the game. I played a Tabletop comp in Birmingham this weekend and was frankly amazed by that standard of the some of the players and frankly how far behind the curve I am. Anyone able to point me in the way of good games to review or stuff to read?

Please.
Rawlf

Post   Posted: May 10, 2017 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Sometimes help can be found in the help section!

https://fumbbl.com/help:Strategy

enjoy Wink
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: May 10, 2017 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

@GutRot: there is also a Tactics & Strategy forum, which has two particularly useful stickies at the top. I learned pretty much all I know from reading those ... Wink (well, maybe not quite) Very Happy

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
GutRot

Post   Posted: May 10, 2017 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks both, it is possible to go back and watch old matches that have been played? if so how?
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: May 10, 2017 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure. If you go to any match report page (the most recent ones are listed in a ticker on the left of your coach page), like this one, there is a link there to view the replay.

Some really old ones might not work though. Btw, I just gave that game as an example, I don't mean to suggest it as a particularly great one to watch.

GutRot

Post   Posted: May 10, 2017 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent. Research time begins!
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: May 10, 2017 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Speccing live games can be a really good way to learn, especially if there are experienced coaches speccing as well that you can chat to.

Jeffthejar

Post   Posted: May 10, 2017 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I can attest that watching live games with others who are up for chatting is a really good way to pick up a few pointers.

I committed to watch games live and take note of when coaches discuss the moves. If you're into it, you can also find some Twitch streamers who play BB2 and explain their logic behind their moves; that helped me a lot.
Jim_Fear

Post   Posted: May 10, 2017 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a tip: Don't play more than a single match at the same time.

You need to focus on what your opponent is doing during their turn and plan how you will counter during your next turn.

Also, make your opponents roll more dice than you.