67 coaches online • Server time: 00:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

@Christer: That's really interesting. It's great that the dice are 'centralized' like that - it pretty much shoots down any suggestion that it could be unfair in any way.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Primarch wrote:
Are we sure this thing is actually fairly random? Lol!

Just played a game that was pretty epic on the bad scale. I think maybe 2-4 stuns against a Slann team with my Chaos. Meantime, I think he injured 3-4 of my guys?

Claw and Mighty Blow did nothing. Ive seen bad before, and maybe this was literally the worst luck I've ever had playing Blood Bowl, I mean one of them has to be, right? Hahaha...either way...BRUTAL.

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3906922

1) Checked the block stats, Slann outblocked you;
2) Slann had 80 TV more than your team;
3) If you want to play with a TV gap and are outblocked, don't whine about RNG.
Seventyone

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

NB i. admin client is a thing (fact)
ii. donate to fumbbl, get better dice (also fact)
iii. Rabe that sig is a little small, consider resizing?

Thanks all

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Primarch wrote:

Just played a game that was pretty epic on the bad scale. I think maybe 2-4 stuns against a Slann team with my Chaos. Meantime, I think he injured 3-4 of my guys?

Claw and Mighty Blow did nothing. Ive seen bad before, and maybe this was literally the worst luck I've ever had playing Blood Bowl, I mean one of them has to be, right? Hahaha...either way...BRUTAL.

To be fair, chaos had 4 players that didn't make it to half time, including 2 very competent (and TV heavy) CW, and only 1 single player that played all 16 turns, a not-so-competent Beastman.

Dicings can have a snowball effect, specially if there are a couple of early cas on important players early in the game. The team on the losing side finds itself geating beaten and with now way to react, so they get beaten harder, and harder. And if armours don't hold (like in this case), even harder.

And then the ref just choses not to show and he fouls 8 times with good assists (I presume).

A team like chaos relies on winning the bash race and has no come-back mechanics outside the bash race, unlike elves that can do well outmanned.

The result is that he could do more and better blocks and fouls, hence deal more damage, and you felt helpless and unlucky. Happens every once in a while.

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh thats awesomely brutal. Chaos warrior ball carrier killed by a crowd surf after using the Apoth to bring back a BH.
Primarch

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Primarch wrote:

That couldn't possibly be because I had 3-4 players on the pitch for most of the 2nd half, and most of those were knocked down, so I could throw 1 block, while he threw 3-4 on those turns? Nah...he just outblocked me because I chose not to throw blocks I guess? Lol..brilliant logic.

To the rest of you, yeah, I get it, it was a bad game for me on the block dice and armor rolls for sure, and like I said, there has to be a "worst" game for everyone, I surely hope this one was mine, lol.

Thanks for the replies, and thanks for the site Christer.
Primarch

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Sharper wrote:
Oh thats awesomely brutal. Chaos warrior ball carrier killed by a crowd surf after using the Apoth to bring back a BH.

Yep, I gambled and lost. I figured what were the odds and was still trying to win at that point. Hindsight and all that..lol..
Primarch

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
Primarch wrote:

To be fair, chaos had 4 players that didn't make it to half time, including 2 very competent (and TV heavy) CW, and only 1 single player that played all 16 turns, a not-so-competent Beastman.

Dicings can have a snowball effect, specially if there are a couple of early cas on important players early in the game. The team on the losing side finds itself geating beaten and with now way to react, so they get beaten harder, and harder. And if armours don't hold (like in this case), even harder.

And then the ref just choses not to show and he fouls 8 times with good assists (I presume).

A team like chaos relies on winning the bash race and has no come-back mechanics outside the bash race, unlike elves that can do well outmanned.

The result is that he could do more and better blocks and fouls, hence deal more damage, and you felt helpless and unlucky. Happens every once in a while.

A perfect summation of the events for sure. This is pretty much exactly how it went down, like they say; "Sometimes you are the windshield, and sometimes you are the bug."
garyt1

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Primarch wrote:
To the rest of you, yeah, I get it, it was a bad game for me on the block dice and armor rolls for sure, and like I said, there has to be a "worst" game for everyone, I surely hope this one was mine, lol.

Thanks for the replies, and thanks for the site Christer.

You will get worse than that! 2 dead and a perm is nasty but not like those matches when several come along.
Probably you will cause more too.