56 coaches online • Server time: 23:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Composer99

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2017 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I've come back to FUMBBL after 6-7 years' absence.

Anyway, I have a few teams I have to decide whether to reactivate or retire, but I should like some input on the one I have reactivated: my orc team "Dem's Da Greenskins".

There are a couple of players with what I must have considered good advancements at the time but now consider very questionable. The team's TV seems awfully bloated. (For instance, I have a thrower with accurate who should probably have leader, and one less team re-roll.)

If it weren't for a couple family-related concessions I had to make today (on account of playing so slowly), I'd be 1-2 rather than 0-3 in the three games I've played today, so that's not bad at all, but I'm concerned the team's matching up against better-developed teams and is just plain out of its depth.

So I guess my question is: should I scrap the team and start over if I want to play an orc squad, or soldier on and retire the badly-developed players once I have funds to replace them?
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2017 - 01:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I am not a good coach. Ok so with the disclaimer out of the way...

With an AG 4 Blitzer you have an option for the Accurate Thrower to play out to, now if winning is your only criteria for playing then you will want to listen to someone else but personally I would be looking to gain entry on the Top 25 Lists with this team.

Top Ranked Orc Passer

But then I am slightly obsessed with Stats Razz

edit: and Welcome back!!!

Last edited by Dalfort on %b %03, %2017 - %01:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Manzoo

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2017 - 01:58 Reply with quote Back to top

With a st, ag and ma boost, it would be a shame to retire your team.
First, I think 5 rerolls is too many. Cut back on those. For me, I would have three.
Next get rid of the thrower with accurate. You only need one,and the other has ma+ anyway
Both those changes should help your team bloat.

(the ag+ is worth keeping. 2+ for dodging is great with his guard)

Last edited by Manzoo on %b %03, %2017 - %02:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
paradocks

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2017 - 02:02 Reply with quote Back to top

wow such a lucker team! id never dream of retiring it, just drop a reroll. I had to wait about 500 games just to get a +st player, and at the same time aged with -av on their 1st skill
Composer99

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2017 - 02:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Dalfort wrote:
I am not a good coach. Ok so with the disclaimer out of the way...

With an AG 4 Blitzer you have an option for the Accurate Thrower to play out to, now if winning is your only criteria for playing then you will want to listen to someone else but personally I would be looking to gain entry on the Top 25 Lists with this team.

Top Ranked Orc Passer

But then I am slightly obsessed with Stats Razz

edit: and Welcome back!!!

Well, I don't know if I want to be playing enough games to get one of my orcs into the top 25 anything. On the other hand, it adds a versatile option to the team's bag of tricks (if desperate, I can make a long pass to try to score).
fidius

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2017 - 04:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd keep the 2nd +MA guy (MA is gold on Throwers), give him Leader, and use him as a sweeper on defence. Eventually you may need him to take over quarterback duties. Drop to 3 RRs definitely. BOB with Stand Firm was a unique choice (Block or MB is canon), but other than that I see no issues!
Grod

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2017 - 04:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The team is fine, or can be in a few games with simple changes. Personally I think you should aim to:
Run with 3 rerolls
No throwers
Replace any slightly injured players when you have the cash.
Cut the team down to 11-12 players.
Maybe drop the goblin for now until your team is reshaped.

The good news is the current ruleset makes it easy to develop this team. Simply pump your MVPs into the black orca until they all have the block skill and your sweet.

Add bloat again after the team has been rebuilt along lines similar to what I suggest. Honestly starting from scratch will take up to 15 games to get back to where you are starting from scratch. Soldier on!

Oscar Wilde
Espionage

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2017 - 04:33 Reply with quote Back to top

The Stand Firm would have been from the days when it was only an option on doubles. And I'd keep the team. It takes 10 game to make a new team cool, and it might take 10 games to make your cool team competitive, Might as well keep them Wink
thoralf

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2017 - 04:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Poll or it doesn't exist.

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2017 - 06:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I've ditched a few players and some re-rolls. I'll replace the passer with accurate once the other one gets block (its next skill unless I get something amazing).

Once I've leveled up the BOBs and the rookie blitzer, I might go back and get a gobbo for things like fouls, desperate throw team-mate plays, and the like, and then save up to replace the troll if it doesn't get block soon. (I'm willing to tolerate -1 MA on a troll with block, but mobility's hard enough without having a gimpy Big Guy who can't even block reliably (subject to the limits of Really Stupid, of course).)

Thanks, everyone, for your input!
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2017 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

The injured players are of little use, you dont need them. But keep the team as it is promising.