34 coaches online • Server time: 04:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Thunderfrog

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2017 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Man I just can't get a handle on this team.

I started with 2 rerolls, the Keeper, 2 daemonettes, and 8 cultists. Whether or not that was the right progression, I dunno, but right now after a few games I sit at..

Keeper with 2 Spp. (Claw and Mighty blow and only has 1 casualty in 5 games!

2 Daemonnetes with Blodge
1 Cultist with block and -1 agi.
No other skill ups.

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=883243

I don't know how to advance this team.

I'm not getting the casualties I need in the AV8 race, so should I start looking at mighty blows?

Are the linemen more suited for blocks?

How many Daemonettes is too many? They are 120k, so bring about a huge increase in TV.

I have 110k saved up. Next game should I buy a third reroll? Another Daemonette? 2 more linemen to make it through a game with a full roster? After all, after those linemen vanish, Daemonnetes have to go on the line of scrimmage and thats a bad thing.

Please help!
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't played them in ages or much at all, but they definitely take a bit to get going. I remember them really sucking early on and got better the more daemonettes you can keep and skill on the team. I wouldn't put more gold into cultists - without the apothecary they're just easy targets and get maimed a lot. So, advice is to store your gold until next match and see how much you have - I would probably get another re-roll as 2 doesn't feel like enough for me at low TV
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Also note your Keeper doesn't have Mighty Blow...you have to give it to him/her/it Wink
Thunderfrog

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh wow, I just assumed it did!
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The Keeper is pretty interesting - a scoring big guy as you can take agility/strength skills on regular rolls- think dodge, leap, but is held back by wild animal.

Check back, I'm sure a coach who's played them more extensively will weigh in.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 06:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I've had decent success with my DoS team. I started with the KoS, one Daemonette and 3 rrs...I think.

Most of my games with and against this team usually come down to a point where the DoS coach says 'Screw it' and goes for a big play with the Keeper. You know, dodge, blitz, pick up in tzs etc. More often than not it works. The Keeper is a ridiculously good player.

It's such an important piece that early on I only used it to blitz every turn, and always protected it behind a screen. Even with the occassional WA fails, it got a ton of hits in along with a few scores and mvps and skilled quickly.

It took my a while to develop some Daemonettes due to attrition, but all my cash has gone towards buying more. The HG makes a leaping Keeper unnecessary.

They are still tricky though. If my Keeper and demons can't get some cas I usually find myself down players and relying on crazy Keeper plays to pull out a victory.

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Play them like you would elves, they aren't a bash team. So it's gonna be tough to win battles of attrition.

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

they can be played like elfs with permanent eldridge on the team...the AG4 hypno gaze opens a lot of ways.

they are not that bashy out of the box, but once the daemonettes get a double for MB they become dangerous.

I have seen quite successfull DoS teams that didn't take the keeper...but what fun is that?
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I think without the keeper is probably the stronger option, with the keeper the team still remains balanced however it also becomes quite dicey. You need a lot of 2+ without rr to go your way.

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the advice. I really do like the team a lot. If the Keeper ever dies I might replace him. I'll have to see how much better he is with mighty blow, though I don't know when to grab that between block and dodge. Or break tackle even.

I have a few more questions after more games.

1. I have an Agi 5 'nette. I'm thinking dodge->pass->block->disturbing presence?

2. Cultists. I imagine 1 for kick, 2 for guard, but what about the first defensive skill? I'm torn between Dodge/Block on them because I often need to dodge out and put marks or bodies on someone to fish out 2 dice.

3. Who did the sprites on these teams? Drop Bears, Slaaneshi cultists, and Nurglings are straight adorable.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Thunderfrog wrote:

1. I have an Agi 5 'nette. I'm thinking dodge->pass->block->disturbing presence?

Block, Dodge, Leap, Side Step, either Sure Hands if used as ball carrier or Wrestle if you want a leaping sacker, Tackle; btw Daemonettes can't take Mutations and Disturbing Presence sucks anyway;
Thunderfrog wrote:

2. Cultists. I imagine 1 for kick, 2 for guard, but what about the first defensive skill? I'm torn between Dodge/Block on them because I often need to dodge out and put marks or bodies on someone to fish out 2 dice.

Either Block or Wrestle as first skill, if you lack Tackle then take some Wrestle first.
They don't have A access, but if you want to have AG 4 when dodging you can take Two Heads on them.
If one of them rolls a double you could take Mighty Blow and Claw later (don't forget Block though!), if you use the double to take Dodge then take Two Heads after.
 Jump to: