47 coaches online • Server time: 18:10
Index Search Usergroups Profile
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Dark Elf runners yay...goto Post 4th normal skill on ...goto Post HUBBA Post-Season 15...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2017 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

is there any way to influence/make the client scale up to some degree on high-resolution screens?

My main screen has a 3840 x 2600 resolution - so the client launches tiny - to the point of being unusable. I have a second screen which is 1600 x 1200 - which would work, in theory - but the client doesn't re-size with the resolution change if I move it from the main screen to the second screen.

It ... sort of works. IF I slowly move it from one to the other screen it matches the new resolution. Once I move it all the way over it resizes back to being tiny.

Java by default initializes on the main screen - no option to change that - that I am aware of.

WARNING - rather huge 5400 x 2600 screenshots as examples Smile

How it looks like on screen 1 - note that the left screen is a much lower resolution.

How it looks if I move client over to screen 2 - note that the client stays the same absolute size while in between the 2 screens.

How it looks on screen 2 - rather than stay at original size, the client is re-sized down to the same relative size as on screen 1.

Any suggestions? Can't make Screen 2 the default - as I need this setup for everything else.
Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2017 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Change the default screen whenever you play on fumbbl and after that change back? Buy a cheap screen with low resolution?

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2017 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Sadly it's not possible. Wish it was. This is the single biggest problem on the site these days and I know a number of people that do not play here because of this.

There are plans to address this issue mind. But I don't know when it will be improved.

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2017 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Sadly it's not possible. Wish it was. This is the single biggest problem on the site these days and I know a number of people that do not play here because of this.

There are plans to address this issue mind. But I don't know when it will be improved.

This, although I play at 1050 still but plan to buy a new FHD screen.
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2017 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Windows has a magnifier tool somewhere that helps a little.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2017 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
Garion wrote:

This, although I play at 1050 still but plan to buy a new FHD screen.

My lovely new 4k laptop has to have an easy 'change me to a horrible low resolution' shortcut handy or the client opens postage stamp sized.

Workarounds only sadly.

Jump to: