19 coaches online • Server time: 03:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 05:49 Reply with quote Back to top

More or less the title. What should you focus on for making a box zon team that can go up against box pact (I figure zons have the advantage with all the dodge and the av7 anyway).

Is it like 1 tackle mb blitzer, 2 rerolls, 1 appo, and fill the rest up with linos with as much dp and guard as you can muster?
Kondor

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 05:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't worry so much about pact. You have only played them twice in the box. However, I would say any amazon team should do well against most pact teams.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Wrestle as first skill on linos maybe?
Kondor

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
Wrestle as first skill on linos maybe?

No. Block as a first skill on everyone. On a young team you will face many players without block. Every time you knock someone down you have a chance to get them off the field. With wrestle, your player is also on the ground and he can still move to offer assists on his turn.

Wrestle is only superior to block when your opponent has block and he rolls both down. But even then your guy is on the ground so he loses his tackle zone and a ball carrier + screen can walk past him.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed. Maybe one Wrestle, the rest Block.

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer having a mix of both. But start with block then add wrestle later in team development for future 6spp almost rookies.

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

ph0enyx13 wrote:
More or less the title. What should you focus on for making a box zon team that can go up against box pact (I figure zons have the advantage with all the dodge and the av7 anyway).

Is it like 1 tackle mb blitzer, 2 rerolls, 1 appo, and fill the rest up with linos with as much dp and guard as you can muster?

With the new meta Guard is even more necessary, I suggest to start with 4 Blitzers to have regular S access and 4 Blodgers. 1 should take Mighty Blow, Tackle, Guard, the other 3 Guard, Mighty Blow, Tackle.
2 rrs without Sure Hands is risky, you could regret it when facing some teams like Elves or Dwarfs/Chaos Dwarfs or Pouring Rain.
I would start with 3 rrs.
Also, Dodge spam is nice but you could face 2 Big Guys with Tentacles, consider that.

Last edited by MattDakka on Oct 17, 2017 - 14:05; edited 3 times in total
Loew

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a small warning: min-maxed Zones are not just good vs Pact, they are good vs almost every other team that is not dwarf..and even than it is not as onesided as it seems on first look.

so, an Amazon team in the box can quickly become almost as hated as certain Pact teams
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Loew wrote:
Just a small warning: min-maxed Zones are not just good vs Pact, they are good vs almost every other team that is not dwarf..and even than it is not as onesided as it seems on first look.

so, an Amazon team in the box can quickly become almost as hated as certain Pact teams

Without PO, Amazons need more Guard (because if they don't cause casualties they actually have to block more to advance and to defend, and PO protected the killer Blitzer as well), that leads to playing with more Blitzers and to a TV increase.
Also, since PO has been removed Tackle is more common even on low TV teams, unlike in CRP.
 Jump to: