23 coaches online • Server time: 06:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Hourly box activations?
Permantly change box to hourly activations
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Permantly change box to 30mins peak, hourly offpeak
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
Trial change box to hourly activations
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
Trial change box to 30mins peak, hourly offpeak
24%
 24%  [ 25 ]
Change nothing
64%
 64%  [ 66 ]
Total Votes : 102

mrt1212

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

smallman, how can you not entertain the explicit rationales we've given? If you only give me 3 or 4 shots per night to get a game in box, I'm not going to try after the first time. I'll go play ranked twice.
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I play box sparingly. When I do I often face a min/maxed team or a rude opponent. these two things have killed the box for me. As a NA coach id rather play a ranked game and enjoy myself
KingKurt

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I would also say that there is already a greater diversity in box now than it used to be. And I nearly never encounter rude coaches. Most are very friendly and good sportsmen.
I guess to many players have the old Clawpomb or the even older fouling box in their remembrances. I would recommend everyone to try the actual box.
licker

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

KingKurt wrote:
I would also say that there is already a greater diversity in box now than it used to be. And I nearly never encounter rude coaches. Most are very friendly and good sportsmen.
I guess to many players have the old Clawpomb or the even older fouling box in their remembrances. I would recommend everyone to try the actual box.

Depends on when you play mate. You are in Germany, and I assume you play during european evenings.

Try playing during american evenings...
Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you should all activate Goblins & Halflings as well as Ogres Vampires Elven Union & High Elf!

I might get close to filling the Box Grid then Smile

ps thanks to Matt for playing me with his Vampires today only another 192 match ups to go.

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

KingKurt wrote:

It is the US time zone coaches who are not happy.

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Cyrus-Havoc wrote:
ps thanks to Matt for playing me with his Vampires today only another 192 match ups to go.

Cheers, Cyrus-Havoc, glad to have helped you to fill the grid. Smile
KingKurt

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I totally understand and even on European evenings a lot of activations don't happen. So try to encourage more to play by giving out box titles every month and year. That's what I would propose.
PainState

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

It is the US time zone coaches who are not happy.

That is true.

IMO it would be interesting to see if you could drum up 4+ coaches at the top of the hour during NA night time hours.

My main point regardless of North America or Euro prime time hours is that the population of potential coaches activating for the box is not large enough for a every quarter hour activation and in facts causes friction when it comes to bad draws on 4 coach draws.

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Make box a resurrection league. No more min-maxing, and skill heavily influences wins (also no picking). win-win.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Another option for dealing with these min-maxers/mono-activators is that we just hunt them down like dogs and kill their teams ... Razz

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
smallman

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 03:34 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
smallman, how can you not entertain the explicit rationales we've given? If you only give me 3 or 4 shots per night to get a game in box, I'm not going to try after the first time. I'll go play ranked twice.

I have read every post, and any suggestion tried is worthwhile in my opinion, I just believe mine is best. You would rarely miss out with my system, and even if you do, because its so much better I think you will come back in 30min or an hour if you get left out. Nothing at all wrong with looking for ranked game if miss box.

The goal should be thriving fumbbl ie number of players and games.
MenonaLoco

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 06:05 Reply with quote Back to top

RedDevilCG - now this is very interesting. Box for resurrection. Maybe change the ruleset every now and then to vary tv.

JellyBelly - if nothing changes, this is definitly the RIGHT thing to do Very Happy

smallman: there are still drawbacks to an hourly activation.
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

RedDevilCG wrote:
Make box a resurrection league. No more min-maxing, and skill heavily influences wins (also no picking). win-win.

Resurrection how? Progressions or non-progression?

If Euro Box is doing OK it doesn't seem fair to impose either of those on it.

JellyBelly wrote:
Another option for dealing with these min-maxers/mono-activators is that we just hunt them down like dogs and kill their teams ... Razz

It'll be the grunts that die first. You would actually be assisting their min/maxing. Wink

Is mono-activating still such a vile crime if you activate non-min/maxed humans or elven union?

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the problem with monoactication is that it denies the chance for the bot to increase suitability. In that sense it does not matter what you activate. If you want to make things fair then please activate as many teams you can. Then let the bot sort out. This is the best practice to allow bbox to operate as intended.