38 coaches online • Server time: 09:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2018 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Imps 0-16 20K 5/1/3/6 Stunty, Titchy, Foul Appearance, Dodge AM/GSP
Dragon Ogre 0-4 150,000 4/5/1/9 Bonehead, Sure Feet, Mighty Blow, Prehensile Tail S/GSP
Dragon Ogre Shaggoths 200,000 0-2 5/6/1/9 Wild Animal, Horns Sure Feet, Prehensile Tail S/GSP

Reroll: 70K
Apoth: Yes

Background:

A great storm of Chaos erupted through the Old World. Great beasts, who had mostly kept to their ancient slumber, awoken by the lighting. Immortal mountains of muscle, surrounded by freshly spawned hordes of imps, marched for the final battle to end the world.

Yet, they did not find armies arrayed against them. They found a stadium with 10 humans and ogre, and a ref who waived them onto the field for a match. The ancients were confused, but decided to join in to this new battle, fight these new wars over a ball and the field.

Rational:

Dragon Ogres are some of the oldest beings in the Old world. They are a Centaur like mix of an Ogre and a dragon. Like the dragons, the Dragon Ogres are immortal and spend most of their time asleep. They are awoken by lighting storms, and it is said that there will be such a great lighting storm at the end of days that they all awake for one last fight. Their immortality is due to an ancient deal they made with the powers of Chaos. Thus are servants of Chaos in their waking life.

This obviously lends itself to a Big Guy Team. The Dragon Ogres are pretty easy. Sure Feet because of four legs, prehensile tail because they have tails that art shows them using to trip people up, Mighty Blow because they hit hard, and Bonehead because they are kinda dumb. I debated if they should have mutation access, but they are kinda walking mutations like Bull Centaurs and I haven't found any references to them mutating, so no mutation access.

Next, I decided I didn't want just a 0-6 and a bunch of stunty team like the other big guy teams in secret league (barring the giants and to a lesser degree the snotling teams), so I added the Dragon Ogre Saggoths as well. These are the oldest of the Dragon Ogres and the largest as well, mandating 6 strength. Dragon Ogres also seem to get horns when they become Saggoths, so they have those to. Finally, I wanted them to be a bit different so they have Wild Animal as their nega-trait instead of bonehead, as they are the oldest and thus the most desperate for the final battle to end their lives.

The biggest problem is how Dragon Ogre immortality works. I can't find clarification if they regenerate or not. If they don't regenerate, cut the Dragon Ogre price down by 10K and allow an apothocary.

Edit: Clarified, no regeneration. Thank you MattDakka

Finally for the little guys I went with imps. These are the most basic creatures of chaos, unformed bunches of emotions unclaimed by a God. They are summoned and reformed into familiars, so I made them have a very similar statline to the Familiars on the Tzeentch Teams, but removed their ability to be thrown and one movement point so I could make them cost 20K instead. They have mutation access as Imps are like clay, ready to be shaped by the gods into something kinda useful.

Last edited by notbobby125 on Feb 09, 2018 - 21:05; edited 2 times in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2018 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Me and Garion talked long and hard about Dragon Ogres. There were lots and lots of problems with them.

I think with the same as Storm Giants I'd do a limited team (roster size max Cool or something. The fact there aren't wizards anymore makes it easier I guess.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2018 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

notbobby125 wrote:

The biggest problem is how Dragon Ogre immortality works. I can't find clarification if they regenerate or not. If they don't regenerate, cut the Dragon Ogre price down by 10K and allow an apothocary.

In the WHFB Chaos Army Book 5th edition (the black one with the horned skull on the cover and lightnings, in a box with spell cards, magic items and tokens) Dragon Ogres had no Regeneration and they had a characteristics profile with Wounds.
They are immortal (i.e. they don't get old and die naturally) but they can be wounded and killed.
They fight to reach the top of the mountains to be struck by lightnings when thunderstorms wake them up.
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2018 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

In the WHFB Chaos Army Book 5th edition (the black one with the horned skull on the cover and lightnings, in a box with spell cards, magic items and tokens) Dragon Ogres had no Regeneration and they had a characteristics profile with Wounds.
They are immortal (i.e. they don't get old and die naturally) but they can be wounded and killed.
They fight to reach the top of the mountains to be struck by lightnings when thunderstorms wake them up.

Thanks for the clarification.
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2018 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Me and Garion talked long and hard about Dragon Ogres. There were lots and lots of problems with them.

I think with the same as Storm Giants I'd do a limited team (roster size max Cool or something. The fact there aren't wizards anymore makes it easier I guess.

What are the problems besides the obvious size problems?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2018 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

notbobby125 wrote:
Thanks for the clarification.

Cheers, glad to help. Smile
I sent you a PM with more informations.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2018 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Problems involved special rules (lightning) especially if hit by a wizard. Kind of goes against their fluff being knocked out by a lightning spell.

Their stats and how good they would have to be.

The Shaggoth is just huge in proportion and stats. I checked we didn't have a separate conversation about them, so it's bolted on to something else.

Garion did do a secret league team (I believe) so check there to see what he ended up with. I've long since forgotten.
 Jump to: