35 coaches online • Server time: 19:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jordell

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2004 - 07:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Why don't skinks and skaven have Right Stuff? I mean, they're almost as small as halflings and gobbos, aren't they? And Rat Ogres and Kroxigors are strong enough to throw them, right? So why don't they have Right Stuff? Why?

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2004 - 07:22 Reply with quote Back to top

They would simply be too good with TTM.

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2004 - 07:49 Reply with quote Back to top

who said, that skaven are small? they are only slightly less in size than humans ...
and for skinks ... true, they are small, but clever enough, not to let them be thrown around Laughing
Grod

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2004 - 08:11 Reply with quote Back to top

They just dont have the ... right stuff to do it. Its about more than size you know!

Oscar Wilde
Wizard

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2004 - 08:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Imagine how popular skaven would be if gutter runners had rightstuff! 2+, 2+, 2+, 2+, 2+ Score!

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2004 - 09:06 Reply with quote Back to top

hell rember the days when any str 2 player could get right stuff... and any str 5 player couls get TTM.... now that was abuse... mind u u coual also get MB, Claws, PO,DP and they would stack Smile ahhh the good old days
cthol

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2004 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

kroxigors' arms don't bend in the required plane for forward throwing: they could prolly throw the skinks head-first into the ground with unerring acurracy and immense velocity, but forward momentum could be difficult. Now, what would be great would be a new position for Lizardmen teams: the Fruitbat. The Fruitbat would be something like this:

Fruitbat 3155; stunty, right stuff, sidestep, glide

It would be ungainly and vulnerable on the ground, but super agile. The glide skill works like this: the Fruitbat can be thrown as normal, out to Long Pass range. However, instead of landing, the Fruitbat may make an AG roll (modified according to the chart below) to stay airborne for the duration of the opposing player's next turn. If airborne, it may only be blocked by players with leap or very long legs, and these players may gain no assists for blocking the fruitbat. At the beginning of the next turn, before you move any other players, the Fruitbat moves: use the range ruler as if throwing normally, but the Fruitbat counts as throwing itself. The Fruitbat can only glide to Short Pass range. At the end of this turn, the Fruitbat can again opt to remain airborne, but with a further penalty to the AG roll. At the beginning of the next turn the Fruitbat must again move, but this time only to Quick Pass range, using the Range Ruler as before. This time the Fruitbat must land., making an AG roll as usual. I think this is what the Lizardman team has been missing all along:)

PS yes I am taking the piss... Smile
cthol

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2004 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

and here's the chart... Smile

Gliding Roll Modifiers

Holding the ball: -1
Second turn in the air: -1
Third turn in the air: -2
rick_s_chris

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2004 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I think this new skink that you have been thinking about, should be a goblin and called doomdiver. That would totally rock. And they can also have a special weapon that can "shot" the doomdiver so that he starts to fly over the BB-field.
Menikmati

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2005 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

yupp, but the opposing team can still buy some anti air gun for say 50000 and maybe even tanks and bombs to give these bastards what they deserve

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2005 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Joking aside I'd love to see the addition of a doom diver catapult on the goblin cheater team. Not so much to make quick TD's (who would want that on a cheater team?) but more to be able to steer the diving gobbo with the big spike on his helmet into the oponents cage, wrecking damage to all, and most likely killing himself in the precess Smile
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2005 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, there is already the possibility to hire a doom diver catapult as star for some stunty teams.

Jump to: