48 coaches online • Server time: 11:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What skill for the GR?
Claw
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
Dump-Off
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Foul Appearance
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Pass
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Normal skill (please specify)
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Other (please specify)
59%
 59%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 32

Christy

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2018 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Horns or Guard for me. Can't see him living too long though! Especially with guard as you need to be in contact with two players (at least) to use it. You will blitz one but the other will certainly make hitting this runner a priority! Not to mention he will be in range of a blitz. Still guard will make protecting players near impossible with Runner 1 coming in for the strip.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2018 - 03:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Can't believe Two Heads isn't getting any love here. Dodge into 2 zones on a 2+!

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2018 - 04:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Nerves of steel
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2018 - 09:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Your gutters are about as nasty as mine are.

With that much Ag5, you want Guard. You have 3 gutters that can slip into a cage with little effort, and one more with horns. Think about what your horned gutter will be able to do with a nearly guaranteed assist when he's hawking the ball. Honestly, this almost seems a no brainer to me. I've run so many variants on skaven, and I've found that guard on gutters wins me more games than almost any other double.

Now, if you play a lot of elf ball, and want to make something unique instead, take Very Long Legs, pass block next, then catch, and you'll almost completely eliminate any passing threat. This isn't a great route to go, and it's a small niche to fill, but One day, he'll make your opponents cry, as he rips 2 or 3 passes from the air, and completely changes the course of a game.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2018 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow a lot of really bad advice in this thread. The only options you should be considering are guard or sure hands here. Side step can come next.

Sure hands is there so you have a player who will reliably grab loose balls after your wrestle strip guy pops them free. Then run away. Personally this suits my style more.

Guard is an equally good selection. Though means you will be leaving him in tackle zones a little more often. Guard just makes it a lot harder for your opponent to protect theirbcarrier effectively. You can more easily pressure the ball carrier after chipping a corner of a cage away. Etc....

Look at what your team is lacking and pick appropriately

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2018 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

wanna make it to the top lists? VLL, Pass Block and Catch Razz

Not saying this is a good advice, but there are not that many interceptions on the top lists!
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2018 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

If taking the double, take guard - he can take sidestep next and then leap later to be an annoyance to opponents and potentially an assist inside a cage for your sacker.

If not, surehands is obvious - retriever/carrier role.

I would not take horns etc as quite simply, the ag5 wrestle rat is much better as a backup sacker/stripper (potentially better sacker than your current one). Two heads I'd skip as you have an ma9ag5 who'll probably become the one turn guy too, and ag5 is good enough for general dodging anyway.

But really it basically comes down to what will immediately improve the team - skaven live in the moment/present. The answer to that is almost never dump-off btw.

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2018 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Two heads, can skip leap altogether. Sure hands next.

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2018 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Grunker wrote:
I rolled double on Runner 4 @MattDakka, hence my conundrum.

Yeah I need a Ball Carrier, but I was thinking Dump-Off would be pretty sweet on a Gutter Ball Carrier with AG5? Then possibly Sure Hands on next level-up?

Leap isn't as good on a Block player as on a Wrestle player, so I'm thinking I'll go Leap next on the AG5, Wrestle guy.

Side Step is sick on Gutters I've just been glutted with these sick rolls. But maybe it is time to stop the party and just go for the sensible choice.

Guard is just crazy Razz

I know you rolled double on your #4. Smile
I don't suggest to take Dump Off.
Leap is great on an AG 5 player, no matter if he has Block or Wrestle (I'm aware your #4 GR has Block and not Wrestle, but the idea is using your AG 5 #4 Block GR as ball carrier, and Leap helps to score when the opponent tries to shut down the path).
Guard might be crazy if you spend all turns in contact with opponents mindlessly, but if used to surgically support blitzing/blocking team mates is great.
An AG 5 Leap Guard is handy, but it's up to you to use him wisely, and a matter of playstyle.
Agile and mobile Guards are really nice, if you trust me.
That said, Guard was just one possible option, if you don't like, don't take it.
Just don't take Dump Off Razz.

@JackassRampant: I didn't suggest Two Heads over Horns for that GR because AG 5 and Leap save some dodges and ST 3 on a GR means he can open a path single-handedly or with 1 assist more easily (otherwise he would need Dauntless to proxy ST 3).

Last edited by MattDakka on Jun 21, 2018 - 14:25; edited 6 times in total
Chivite

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2018 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard would make him the most annoying.

Guard sidestep leap and diving tackle, people wont like you much
Shushnik

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2018 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion, you can disagree without being a jerk. Hopefully you do, next time.
Supa

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2018 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't consider that with Agi5 Two Heads is actually better than Leap... thanks Sage. I'd still give some thought to Guard though probably.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2018 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Guard is an equally good selection. Though means you will be leaving him in tackle zones a little more often
Ideally, you have a gutter in scoring position when you send your guard gutter into contact.

With 4 gutters, you put your guard in contact with the ball carrier, your stripper finds a way to make the hit and pop the ball, your 3rd gutter sneaks in to retrieve, then slips out and tosses it to the 4th who is in scoring position. Gutter 4, then takes off into the endzone, and your guard doesn't take a retaliation hit.

At least, that's the strategy I usually aim for when I place my valuable guard gutter into contact.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2018 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Shushnik wrote:
Garion, you can disagree without being a jerk. Hopefully you do, next time.

Not sure where I was a jerk tbh? But sorry you feel this way. I can assure you that what ever you have taken from this was not meant in the way you took it.

Antithesisoftime wrote:
Garion wrote:
Guard is an equally good selection. Though means you will be leaving him in tackle zones a little more often
Ideally, you have a gutter in scoring position when you send your guard gutter into contact.

With 4 gutters, you put your guard in contact with the ball carrier, your stripper finds a way to make the hit and pop the ball, your 3rd gutter sneaks in to retrieve, then slips out and tosses it to the 4th who is in scoring position. Gutter 4, then takes off into the endzone, and your guard doesn't take a retaliation hit.

At least, that's the strategy I usually aim for when I place my valuable guard gutter into contact.

yup a good point for sure. Ideally this is what you are aiming for with Guard ^

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2018 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Big hand, then leap. You will be able to always pick up the ball on 2+, it's just great. And you already has a ball retriever so will work together nicely
 Jump to: