23 coaches online • Server time: 05:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dscore20

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2018 - 04:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Lawful Pact teams
Some teams follow in the footsteps of the heroes of war. Several races of all kinds forming a single Blood Bowl team, and hope to show the world a better way with honest, strategic plays. This is often their greatest weakness, however, is that most fans find them boring to watch… until the coach of such a team turns their head and all hell breaks loose!
Quantity Position cost MA ST AG AV skills normal doubles
0-12 Human Hero 50k 6 3 3 8 none G ASP
0-1 Halfling Hero 50k 5 2 4 6 Animosity, dodge, right stuff, stunty A GSP
0-2. Dwarf Hero 70k 4 3 2 9 Animosity, block, tackle, thick skull GS AP
0-1 High Elf Hero 70k 6 3 4 8 Animosity GA SP
0-1 Wood Elf Hero 70k 7 3 4 7 Animosity GA SP
0-1 Treeman Hero 120k 2 6 1 10 Loner, mighty blow, stand firm, strong arm, take root, thick skull, throw team-mate S GAP
0-8 Reroll counters: 70k

The heroes of law is a team from the blood bowl flavor text that is a mixed team such as the chaos all-stars or underworld creepers. Their roster mainly consists of heroes and "good guys", so I tried putting that into this roster. The halflings I gave agility 4 because i wanted to make them more viable for the roster, but my reasoning as to why they are more agile is because they eat less and aren't as fatty as the normal halflings.
I dunno about this roster, tell me guys what you think. I haven't play-tested this yet, but I really hope this becomes a playable thing in the future - because I don't know about you, but I think a Heroes of Law team would be really cool.
Thanks for viewing!
EDIT: whoops, forgot to add Animosity Very Happy also made only one halfling available, two dwarves available and 0-12 human linemen. I should also point out that there apparently already existed an idea for a team like this known as the “imperial teams”, so this post probably doesn’t matter anymore.
Two edits in the same day: made a typo on the halflings. It’s supposed to be 40k.
EDIT #3: Fine. Fine. Halflings with AG 4 are now worth 50k.

EDIT: re-did the whole roster, find the new post here: https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=30423&highlight=

Last edited by Dscore20 on Dec 03, 2018 - 03:35; edited 4 times in total
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2018 - 08:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Following the pact model? I would expect 0-1 Halfling, and 0-12 human linemen. Right now feels like mix of Underworld and Pact model.
Also, some animosity skills on the 1 offs is expected, and the halfling seems to be too cheap with a4.

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2018 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I like this and it needs to be developed.

Animosity, I can see why Dwarfs and elves don't pass to each other.
Maybe the Halfling can loose the Animosity? No AG4, no animosity.

Agree with two Dwarfs. I don't know why this just makes sense. (except that a dwarf should not feel animosity to the other dwarf when he passes to them... Which is fine because Dwarfs don't pass:) ).

Only thing I will add... more big guys. Pact can theoretically have 3 big guys, a mino, troll and Ogre from memory. But it is CRAZY that pact have 3 big guys. So maybe we can skip this or have Ogre as an option.

Maybe I should accept av8 human lino's as Pact get mutations.

0-12 Human lino 50k 6 3 3 7 none G ASP
0-1 Halfling 50k 5 2 3 6 dodge, right stuff, stunty A GSP
0-2. Dwarf Hero 70k 4 3 2 9 Animosity, block, tackle, thick skull GS AP
0-1 High Elf Hero 70k 6 3 4 8 Animosity GA SP
0-1 Wood Elf Hero 70k 7 3 4 7 Animosity GA SP
0-1 Treeman Hero 120k 2 6 1 10 Loner, mighty blow, stand firm, strong arm, take root, thick skull, throw team-mate S GAP
Dscore20

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2018 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the thing is, halflings are pretty much crappier goblins with slower speed and lower armor. I wanted halflings to have a purpose on this team, so my options were boost a stat, add new skill, or lower the cost. Personally, I think it makes sense for halflings to be more agile on this team due to more training and less eating and getting fat, and that would boost the cost to 40k.
Also, if you look at rulebook, Animosity only takes effect against OTHER races. So dwarves never had them against each other.
Finally, I agree that two dwarves make sense because with only one big guy, we don’t have nearly as much strength as the chaos pact, and dwarves fill the armor gap you need on the los.
I suppose I could just give the halflings another stat increase to movement or something if enough people really want me to lower the agility, but i don’t see it becoming too much of a problem as it’s only one halfling with armor 6 won’t stay on the field long anyways...
Thank you for your feedback.

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2018 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

but 40k is not enough. Your reasons for AG 4 are your own of course, but it is too cheap at 40k.

At 40k, he just rides the bench and comes in for 1TTD attempts, which given the wood elf on the team is going to be more easily accomplished. 40k is too easily benched. He should be probably 60-70k.

Last edited by DarthPhysicist on Jul 15, 2018 - 16:26; edited 1 time in total
Kondor

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2018 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

This is getting close. Probably try to approximate the Pact Roster by trading with their good counterparts. However, since human linemen only have access to strength skills on a double and cannot mutate, they will be far worse than their chaos counterparts. In order to balance this slightly better positionals may be allowed.

Humans for Marauders
High Elf Blitzer for Dark Elf
Halfling for Goblin - I think everyone would prefer to have a goblin but...
Ogre for Ogre - They should be either evil or good
Treeman for Troll
Yhetee for Minotaur??? Perhaps allow Norse or Amazon linemen
Dwarf Slayer for Skaven
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2018 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea of a light side "Pact" team, but I think I'd either use Tilea, which is basically the same thing, or roster it like this:

0-12 Human lino 50k 6 3 3 8 none G ASP
0-1 Halfling 30k 5 2 3 6 Animosity, dodge, right stuff, stunty A GSP
0-1 Troll Slayer 90k 5 3 2 9 Animosity, Block, Dauntless, Frenzy, Thick Skull GS AP
0-1 Wood Elf lineman 70k 7 3 4 7 Animosity GA SP
0-1 Treeman 120k 2 6 1 10 Loner, mighty blow, stand firm, strong arm, take root, thick skull, throw team-mate S GAP
0-1 Ogre 140k 5 5 2 9 Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Bone-head, Throw Team-Mate S GAP

This will come out closer to what the Chaos Pact roster looks like, while still allowing it to be unique enough to not be an outright clone.

Last edited by Antithesisoftime on Jul 15, 2018 - 19:15; edited 1 time in total
Loew

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2018 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

why do the later suggestions have human linomen at AV 7?

the team would be bad enough with standard human linos Wink
 Jump to: