29 coaches online • Server time: 07:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2018 - 04:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Bazakastine wrote:
Timezone: Americas but can be flexible
Teams: Lizards, Skaven, Dark Elf, Khemri, Undead, Vampires, Goblins, Orcs, Dwarves can probably help some elsewhere but those are my most played.
Style: Adaptive both game to game and turn to turn. Able to judge the situation well to determine when risks are needed.

Can mentor players at different levels but would probably be best served helping coaches who already have the basics down take another leap.

Necro? Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2018 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Nachtogen will take on Det.
mrt1212 will take on Willowforrest.
Bazakastine feels ambitious, and will take on Tzalaran, DrPoods, and one more moderately experienced coach.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2018 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

For some reason, you still haven't included me on the list of those expressing a desire to mentor
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2018 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Antithesisoftime wrote:
For some reason, you still haven't included me on the list of those expressing a desire to mentor

He does have some drain bamage... Rolling Eyes
Klazam

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2018 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

What: Looking for a mentor, someone who can help me figure out whats missing from my play. I feel that i probably am at a plateau as far as what i can improve on solo, sort of at the point where i depend on having skills to carry me farther. I have a relatively solid grasp of strategy, but i feel that maybe something's wrong with my positioning, or something. It's difficult for me to self-evaluate what i need to do differently, because i'm still learning the game (335 games or so played though)

Divisions: I primarily play leagues (scheduled tournament format leagues) and a smattering of blackbox games. I'd like what i learn to improve me in these formats, and i do not much care about playing ranked games.

Teams: I think i play Norse, Amazon, Lizardmen, and Necromantic pretty well. I've found success with undead and skaven also. Cant play elves well, and struggle with (slow) bash, positioning wise - chorfs i do decently with, though. I do like to think of myself as knowledgeable with all the races though.

Style: I have no idea how to evaluate my own style. I play how i play, and i don't know what to call that style. I hate offense, always try to get it over with quickly, then i always do well fighting a defensive battle, looking for defensive scores.

Timezone: A hybrid of all of them, although im most often active from 12:00 to 3:00 server time- Australia would be the nearest region to what my active hours is, and i'm in the SWL league grouping.

Mode of contact: Discord is much preferred.
sann0638

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2018 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice idea! I seem to be quite busy at the moment, but do keep me posted if you need more mentors Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2018 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

K, handled my medical issue (drug withdrawal took me out for awhile), ready to get on this. Will start putting mentors and pupils together this weekend. Sorry for delay, couldn't be helped.

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2018 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

The only thing I can offer my student is knowledge on one turn touchdowns. If you want help regarding defense or offense about one turn touchdowns come to me.

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2018 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Great idea! I'd be up for mentoring too if you need more. Preferably one person to start, and a newbie - I'd find it most rewarding to get someone new into the game and help the community on here grow.

My favourite teams are the Agility and speed teams, but I also play a few bash sides like undead and norse to a decent standard
jdm

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2018 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I will gladly mentor anybody that wants to play ogres

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2018 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello,

Is this still happening? I would like to have a mentor please.

Thanks you
FinnDiesel

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2018 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

SiPa ~ Me

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2018 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for the delay. More of the same kind of health problem. Will get back onto this as soon as I can.

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2018 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Seeking Mentor
Region: Americas
Skill/Style Assessment:
I consider myself an above average coach who is improving. I've been playing Blood Bowl for about 2 year almost entirely on Fumbbl. Only really started playing with intent about 10 months now. I tend to play stronger with a defined strength and objective.

My current strength is being defensively sound and I'm being much more disciplined positionally. I probably am better bashing than playing agility at this point, but I don't think the gap is large.

My weaknesses are currently not recognizing an opponent's risky, but doable plays and offense is sometimes an adventure without a clear plan.

Goal: Immediate concern is consistency and improved pattern recognition. Long term goal is developing an adaptive style of play capable of competing for top league and Major championships.

Favorite Races:
Lizardmen, Skaven, Orc, Chaos Dwarf, learning Elfball and some elf will be on the end of this list

Successful teams:
https://www.fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=885497
https://www.fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=891538

Favored Division: Competitive Leagues for the "forced" opponents and Ranked because it matches my schedule. I would love to be more active in Box, but realities of my schedule say its not probable.
Thoriin

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2018 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi.
I've played over 500 games and i get the high winning % of 35 , so I guess I could use a mentor.
I can sometimes play good at positionnal with team like orcs , but then I lack how to develop offence.
And with rats, I can score TD's, but my def is for opponents as we say in French :"Hot knife in butter".
I'm on GMT time.
 Jump to: