43 coaches online • Server time: 11:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Applulz

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2018 - 05:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Well my prized AG lineman got doubles as his third skill. He current has +AG first roll, and then wrestle as the second. I know the default is guard but I am pretty tempted to skip it for leap to get his ball-sacking levels higher immediately.

I play BB2 so I am up against 95% pure bash/clawpomb spam teams; but I don't really like the idea of basing with AG5 for assists when he could be leaping at the ball every turn until he gets taken out. Maybe thick skull to attempt to keep him in just a tiny bit longer?
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2018 - 06:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't take thick skull.

I'd probably still go Guard. Just because you have guard doesn't mean you need to base all the time. Be judicious with it.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2018 - 06:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Thick Skull is a great idea

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2018 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Leap or guard.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2018 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

If it was the second skill I think guard would have been great. (Leap+Guard can also be useful when it comes to giving assists). As it is now I guess just regular leap or even dodge (I mean it's 2+ with reroll to dodge into a tackle zone, one doesn't always have to leap without that free reroll)

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2018 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I actually like dodge over leap.

Leap is +2 without RR.

Dodge gives you more mobility, saves your rerolls in many cases and might even prolong your ag5's lifespan (altho high bash teams tend to have tackle to deal with it.. but if they have only 1-2 tackle you might be able to dance around it).

After dodge you might take leap or tackle (stripball is good skill for sacker but the lower tv you get it the better, high tv teams tend to have surehands carriers).

I'd skip guard unless you have another sacker building at the same time, preferably catcher (since it has more mobility and arguably catchers are easier to skill than linos.. because of that said mobility + you might need the catch skill sometimes).
 Jump to: