59 coaches online • Server time: 11:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Speccing and Playing...goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2017 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

All I need to know is how Tarabaralla does it...

Is it admin dice? Sheer luckery? I... I... I am flabbergasted.

As for the rest, good luck with it mate.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2017 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking forward to add this to my podcast subscriptions

In my experience, here's a couple of suggestions (I'm sure someone has written this already):
2 hosts make the podcast flow better
Having an occasional guest (ie. tournament champion, league admin etc..) can be very interesting
Don't be afraid to go off topic now and then.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2017 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking forward to it, just make sure you have good jingles. I love a good jingle.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2017 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Idea: Game of the month (or other fitting interval)

Might require some research, but a feature of one of the best/most exciting/most scandalous game since the previous pod.
Bloodfeast

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2018 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess this project has come to an halt, but it still is an good idea so I just bump this thread so maybe someone else can pick it up cause I would love to listen to something like this!

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2018 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, RL got in the way. I recorded 3/4 of it!

That is now out of date.

I was thinking a bi-weekly news bulletin of around 10 minutes may work out better?

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2018 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

whatever floats your boat Smile

A couple of years back I listen to orca colas podcasts which where kinda good(they are still out there), but you do what you think you can manage and Im sure it will be great!

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2018 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Throweck wrote:
Yeah that's the idea Sann. I have an accomplice when he decides to get off his ass!! Smile

Not it!

Jeffro
Jip

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2018 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Apologies for the thread necro, seemed better to post in this one rather than an episode thread.

Disclaimer: big fan of the podcast, it's bumped all other BB podcasts down the list for my commute due to the relatively bitesize length, good content and frequency.

Tabletop (tt) BB has started to drift into your content which is a great thing, for me, as that's where I play most of my BB. However, it's sad to hear that a couple of you seem to have had negative experience of tt (seems to be PurpleChest and morehouse, rather than Throweck) and I worry it might put FUMBBL players/listeners off from joining us there.

There have been a couple of mentions about how it's the expectation for tournaments to have painted minis - how I wish that were true! The only ones I can think of that enforce that are the GW tournaments, held at Warhammer World. The rest tend to be a mix of painted, in progress, unpainted and, as you referred to, proxies (never played against Legos, thankfully!).

Another worry was the mention that painting trumps performance (ep.12). Again, certainly not something I've experienced in 2/3 years of tt tournaments.

May be an idea to get someone with a few years of tt experience (Sann0638 would be my shout, but there are plenty of others) on, so you guys can compare and contrast, I'd be interested in that as the psychology of coaches is something that fascinates me. That 'cultural exchange' might also give a bit of reassurance that the elitism referred to in the last couple of episodes definitely isn't the norm. I know it's a FUMBBL podcast, so tt isn't your priority, but you started it. Wink

Again, really liking the show. The inevitable click on my profile will show you I'm a relative noob here, so it's been really useful for showing me a side of FUMBBL that I didn't know existed!

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2018 - 14:56
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Jip wrote:
showing me a side of FUMBBL that I didn't know existed!

I would highly encourage everyone to join the Discord. It's not super busy normally, but it's a great place to chat to other people on the site (staff and coaches alike).

Probably the best place to reach me personally for example.

And to not entirely hijack the thread, I absolutely love the podcast. It's one of the very few podcasts I listen to at all. Smile
garyt1

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2018 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Jip that it is rather sad if a negative view on TT tournaments is portrayed. In my limited experience it is great. Social interaction adds so much. Of course quality of play varies depending on who signs up. Perhaps in UK there could be a group of regulars that go to a lot of tournaments and give off an elitist attitude. Some folks can be like that here too.
Though regarding the models point I would say that in Canada BB tournaments, one of the rules is usually to have painted figures. It is part of the hobby, but you don't have to be great at it. I would expect that really in line with most miniature based games tournaments.
As for the Podcast, overall it is great!

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2018 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Proxy Minatures, are not allowed normally in tournaments. If you have a team that is not painted, you are not allowed normally as well

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2018 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

PC and I will be covering this in the next episode to clarify a few points but I don’t think we ever said we’ve had negative experiences at tournaments. If anything I think we encourage it more often than not. I think it’s possibly been taken out of context but it will be covered in the next one Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2018 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

FinnDiesel wrote:
Proxy Minatures, are not allowed normally in tournaments. If you have a team that is not painted, you are not allowed normally as well

None of this is true!
FinnDiesel

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2018 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

stowelly wrote:
FinnDiesel wrote:

None of this is true!
For NAF tournaments, yes it is true