17 coaches online • Server time: 03:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
garyt1

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2018 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

That was one cruel crowd throw!

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2018 - 05:13
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
That was one cruel crowd throw!

Only three directions it could go, and two of them were bad.

Seemed fair enough, especially when you look at the crowd throw from the first time we met earlier in the year
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2019 - 19:39
FUMBBL Staff

SWL Premier League LXXIV
Game 7: Foad's Norse "Blackwater Cockfighters" Image

Two weeks have gone by since this game was played. Why so long without a match report? Was it deep depression from missing out on staying in Prem? Was it simple procrastination? Or was it a blog rage quit after an in game event?

I honestly didn't remember how this game had panned out, and jumped straight into the replay this morning without even glancing at the match result page.

Foad's Norse team is an interesting one. Having dominated SWL previously (but hadn't dominated the Freezy Trees) with a team of Chaos stat freaks, Foad looks to be handicapping himself. No stats allowed (and he has rolled some), also Frenzy spam! No guard on this team either. What a shame I'm playing without wardancers.

Drive 1: Bravado score T3. Wait? I scored? I thought it was a 0-2 loss. Cool. What happens next?

Drive 2: The ball lands next to the sideline where the norse runner picks it up. Wood elves swarm in. Wood elves eventually get the ball! But swarming near the sideline means high potential for frenzy surfing. Norse regain the ball.
Running out of time and there is still a Wood Elf swarm. Most of the swarm is on the ground, stand up get surfed, but force Norse dice rolls. Except, before they stand up, the Tree waaay out of play decides to throw a careless 2D block [SKULL][SKULL]. The swarm stays prone. Silly swarm.

Hardly gif-worthy, but let's watch Bravado's S75 Prem dreams get crushed anyway:

Halftime 1-1.

Second half, Norse grind

Fulltime 1-2 (1/0/0 - 0/1/0)

Back to conferences next season.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2019 - 06:25
FUMBBL Staff

Relegated from 4th place in Prem, only the top-3 stay up.

Season 74 goals:
1) Win Prem FAIL
2) Beat the current champ (ramchop jr) FAIL
3) Thrash someone with a 3+ margin FAIL
4) Kill something special (a star with a stat boost) FAIL
5) End the season with a superstar on the roster SUCCESS
Piss poor effort on that front.

Down in confs, the cash bonus to the rebuy is 50k (100k in Prem). Cuts needed to be made. Fortunately the only player who wanted to retire was damaged and destined for a cut anyway. Sadly I had to let go two healthy Veterans: a catcher (Flippers!) and the thrower.

The team has retained only 4 players, the rest are 0 game rookies.

SWL Woodies Double Inc Conference LXXV

There are two conferences. One group contains only one team which has proven themselves good enough to compete in Prem, the other has six. Guess which one I drew?

Round 1 Image Unicorn Gunfight Relezite (1500k) - S73 Runner-up
Round 2 Image Blackwater Cockfighters - Foad (1360k) S74 7th, S73 3rd
Round 3 Image Murine Cultists Irgy (1650k)
Round 4 Image East Farkner Journeymens Club Dunenzed (1480k) S73 5th
Round 5 Image Brew Pub Brouhaha - Polemarch (1440k) S74 7th, S72 6th
Round 6 Image Pugs not Drugs - mushoomy (1650k) S74 5th, S73 Champions
Round 7 Image Bronzed Raiders - Sharper (1480k)

This is going to be a tough season. Some goals:
1) Win the Conference
2) Beat mushoomy (ramchop jr)
3) Thrash someone with a 3+ margin
4) Kill something special (a star with a stat boost)
5) Avoid relegation

Last edited by ramchop on Mar 28, 2019 - 09:50; edited 1 time in total
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2019 - 20:05
FUMBBL Staff

Game 1: Relezite's Undead "Unicorn Gunfight" Image

Turn up to a game against Relezite and the first thing you notice is the lush Fumbbl Cup (2017) winner's pitch. This was not going to be an easy game.

Turn 3: Bravado lead 2-0! \o/
The elves are elfing, can they hold it together?

Image Turn 7: Ag4 ghoul ball carrier hit and stunned, ball on the grass
Image Turn 7: Ghouls are quite speedy things. The other ag4 ghoul (yes, he has two) picked up skirted my screen and was in range to score.
Image Turn 8:
After a catcher dodges through for an assist, and another catcher mans up to the mummy, it's up to Dan Dan again to save the day:
Dodge 2+ [4], GFI [1] rr [3], 2D block coming up, after the GFI [1]. Oh!

The sad thing is with that sequence of rolls a leap would have got him there. Odds say the route Dan Dan chose (87% vs 83%) was the better one. Odds is wrong!

Half time 2-1

Things turned nasty. Dan Dan died (apo!), Emily injured -St. Elves left the pitch in droves. We started the second half with 9 players, we start turn 12 with five.

2-2

Short kick, perfect defence. Yikes!

Elves elf, and get into an unlikely position to score. Undead sack and get into a position to score.

Final score 2-2 (1/0/1 - 2/2/0)

Mixed feelings on that one. Mostly immense relief.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2019 - 06:47
FUMBBL Staff

Game 2: Foad's Norse "Blackwater Cockfighters" Image

Failing to beat Foad in the final round last season saw Bravado drop from Prem back to Conference. That game we had no War Dancers, this time we have two. Time for revenge?

Foad is known for trying on the odd risky play, and has left many an opposition coach raging at the gall of it all when they suddenly find themselves without the ball.

I didn't see this coming, Turn 7
5+ dodge, to strip ball and frenzy my catcher itno the crowd. Far from the most spectacular stuff he has tried, but it was timed well, and I should have placed the screen better.

Elves were fortunate to recover and score on my Turn 7.

Half time 1-1.

The second half I received and Av7 broke in all the right places. Bravado used their speed to keep the norse at bay, and strolled in for a T16 score.

Might have been a different story if more 5+ dodges had come off:
Or if Av7 had broken in all the wrong places.

A fun game played in good spirit.

Final score 2-1 (0/2/0 - 0/0/0)
ramchop

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2019 - 07:41
FUMBBL Staff

Game 3: Irgy's Dark Elf "Murine Cultists" Image

Turn 16, 1-2, long pass for the equalizer. Let the wood elf bs shine....

I guess some people watch the dice log, but I wasn't. It's on target! It's there! oh... checks the dice log.

Irgy thoroughly deserved this win here. Without Nuffle's love (43 blocks, 1 KO all game), it was all down to skill, and his positioning was simply superior.

I had a game plan. Let him score early, stall for a T8 1-1. Grind for the 2-1 win. All went according to plan until mid second half, I screwed up and it didn't.

Getting a bit frustrated. There's a top core of 6 to 8 coaches in SWL who consistently play a better game than me. Sometimes Nuffle does step in and closes the gap, other times I'm simply outclassed. I've hit a ceiling, there's only one thing for it, I need to work on my game.

Final score 1-2 (0/0/0 - 0/0/0)
ramchop

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2019 - 19:47
FUMBBL Staff

Game 4: Dunenzed's Human "East Farkner Journeymens Club" Image

Forfeits suck, big time. In league it's any forfeit, not just games you're scheduled to play. Everything can have an effect on standings, promotions, relegations.... plus you miss out on what could have been a fun game. Forfeits suck.

In 155 games of SWL this is only the 2nd forfeit I've encountered. One, my first Prem season, was flagged well in advance due to a RL induced dropout. This one, just left hanging until the deadline.

But, Seasons! Missed games now have a bigger influence on things. How can one earn Cas, TDs, cash for the rebuy?

In SWL if you are awarded a forfeit win, you get 60k towards the rebuy.

How does this stack up? Let's look at this season:
Game 1 vs Relezite's Undead: 2 cas, 2 td, 50k winnings, 10k for game played = 80k towards the rebuy
Game 2 vs Foad's Norse: 2 cas, 2 td, 60k winnings, 10k for game played = 90k towards the rebuy
Game 3 vs Irgy's Dark Elf: 0 cas, 1 td, 70k winnings, 10k for game played = 85k towards the rebuy

Wow those winnings rolls have been nice to me so far. Compared to 60k it seems forfeits really do suck. No spp, no injuries.

However, that 60k goes into a secret vault. Not affected by expensive mistakes. While others stress about 100k and 150k EM dice roll thresholds, Bravado has 60k safely banked.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2019 - 19:56
FUMBBL Staff

Game 5: polemarch's Amazon "Brew Pub Brouhaha" Image

Turn 15, 4 elves on the pitch (and a rooted tree), Zons score to level it 1-1. Two turns to win it, 3 out of 4 knockouts return, ball is kicked out, quick snap. Everything goes my way!

Instead of trying to set up a screen of some sort, I decide to take down the back field diving tackler and sprint the ball carrier out of range. Diving tackler not taken down. GFI to get out of range fails rr fail. Maybe I should have made the zons do the dice rolls.

Oh well, let's not dwell on that. Instead let's enjoy some side stepping crowdsurfing fun that helped stop poley's first half score.

Final score: 1-1 (0/1/1 - 3/0/0)
ramchop

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2019 - 07:00
FUMBBL Staff

Game 6: mushoomy's Necromantic "Pugs Not Drugs" Image

The father vs son grudge match. One thing that's certain in a game like this, there will be a lot of swearing.

Dan Dan the Hero! 4 Cas! Including a dead werewolf which sadly regenned.
Dan Dan the muppet. 2 snaked dodges at key moments.

T8. Ball in the necromantic endzone. Well covered. No rerolls.

No options to push someone away, there will be dice.
5+ with dodge skill, and a 6+ pickup. Or 3+ leap, and a 6+ pickup?

With only av6 on the wardancer I felt the edge in the odds of the leap wasn't worth the risk of a deadly crash landing.

Catcher Iolas steps onto the ball
Dodge 5+ [6], Pickup [5]. Oh so close, but wait there's more...
Scatter Roll [2] Northwest
Scatter Roll [6] Southeast
Iolas Regal tries to catch the ball
Catch [2] rr [4]

Oh well. I guess with a second roll of [5] Dan Dan would have failed to be the hero on the pickup too.

ramchop the muppet. Played 8 turns of the the first half without remembering that Dan Dan rolled +Ag after Game 5. Don't worry, mushoomy took great glee in telling me. He would have made the pickup!!!

Final Score 0-1 (0/4/1 - 1/1/0)

A very real chance of relegation now. One round to go.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2019 - 10:13
FUMBBL Staff

Game 7: Sharper's Chaos Dwarf "Bronzed Raiders" Image

A bit of a nothing game. Win can't go up, lose can't go down. A battle for pride (and survival). I'd prefer it if 7th place could still be in the relegation danger zone, would have kept more of an edge to this game. Plenty of edge for Sharper though, win and he makes it to Prem!

Drive 1: Chorfs receive. I try the screen thing, but elves start leaving the pitch. Then the weirdness sets in. Why throw elves in the way of the grind, better to run away and hope for the T8 1 turner? Elves run away, poor rooted tree gets attacked and is knocked out for the rest of the game. Elves reconsider, and run back. Turn 7 Dan Dan Wrackle strip ball -2D attack on the Blodge Sure hands Bull. GFI fail.

Drive 2: Well if I can't enter half time at 0-0, might as well do the 1 turner.

Half Time 1-1

Drive 3: Elves getting down on numbers. A greedy Wardancer 1D blitz on a hobgoblin [SKULL] left the ball carrier exposed and the Chorfs swarm forward and take him down. Time to Elf it...

Drive 4: Five turns for 8 elves to stop 11 chorfs. T16 elves swarm in. Make him roll dice [SKULL][SKULL], RR gone, ...... Chorfs score

Final Score 2-2 (0/0/0 - 2/0/1)

Finished the season 1/3/2 with the forfeit making it 2/3/2.

Now a tense wait for the post-season retirement rolls. The team is too expensive to rehire as it is. I may need one of Dan Dan (3+), Emily (2+) or Dean (2+) to throw in the towel or difficult decisions will need to be made.

Image Image Image Who wants to retire?

=====

Meanwhile down in Reggies. I played a Filler season with Ogres. 3/2/2. Better than my Wood Elves, oh the shame!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2019 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL pitch icon Irgy?! Come on dude it takes 2to tango!
ramchop

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2019 - 09:49
FUMBBL Staff

In the post season nobody wanted to retire, so I had to make the decision. Emily Snakefield carrying 50k (+St -St) proved an easy choice, and she was let go on 91spp (25 td).
Bye Emily Image

SWL Sphinxes from Mars Conference LXXVI

This conference looks a lot easier than last season's. That's a statement that's sure to come back to bite me.

Round 1 Image Blackwater Cockfighters - Foad (1630k)
Round 2 Image Cloud 11 Stormbreakers - Klazam (1580k)
Round 3 Image Waaaaghton Redskins Pyates16 (1590k)
Round 4 Image Morning Breakfast Cereal Wex (1410k)
Round 5 Image Loec's Loggers ArthurWynne (1500k)
Round 6 Image Didgeridead - Balle2000 (1660k)
Round 7 Image Pugs not Drugs - mushoomy (1580k)

Only one goal this season. Qualify for Prem.
OK, one more, beat mushoomy.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2019 - 00:07
FUMBBL Staff

Game 1: Foad's Norse "Blackwater Cockfighters" Image

Second half begins, Seven wood elves set up to face eleven norse. Bravado kicks. Blitz!. Tree moves in with a GFI to get his guard in the right place, Wardancer punches through and rushes downfield towards the deep kick.
Norse runner collects, norse linemen swarm and hit the wardancer Image Image.
Wardancer dodges, 1D Image on runner, picks it up, scores
Glorious!

Turn 9, Eight wood elves set up to face eleven norse.
With so much time, and not enough elves to effectively screen, it was up to the hero of the Blitz, wardancer Disco Englert to attack.

Turn 12

if the catcher can get it out of there, we're in serious business....

...fumble. Norse score

I guess there was a first half too, though I'd prefer to forget that part of the game. Dan Dan had a shocker. Ag5 is a myth. I retired the wrong player, come back Emily!

Final score 1-2 (0/0/0 - 4/2/0)
ramchop

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2019 - 00:08
FUMBBL Staff

Game 2: Klazam's Amazon "Cloud 11 Stormbreakers" Image

Eliza "Mirage" Abdi +St, +Ma Blodge catcher freak. Would be difficult to take down... if she was in the game. MNG! Thank you Khemri.

However, this meant the inducement gap was large enough for Zara. Dan Dan is still armour 6. Maybe I'd have preferred Eliza after all.

Drive 1 Amazons receive.
From the end of their turn 2, until the end of my turn 6 Bravado had the zons pinned, in a small square just on our side of the halfway line.

Screened forward and above, and peppered with Ag Wrackle Strip attacks from the fearless Dan Dan, the Stormbreakers were not going anywhere.

Zon Turn 7. Dice rolls. Zara happened
Elf Turn 7. Dice rolls. Zara taken down.
Zon Turn 8. Dice rolls. Zons score.
How did that happen?

Halftime 0-1

Drive 3 Bravado receives. Feeling angry, feeling bitter. Life's not fair. Dan Dan knocked out. If I score early, how do I get the ball back to win it? Go for the safe draw? Zons swarm in, option to stall gone. Disco Englert scores

Drive 4 Dan Dan returns. Let's get that ball! Ag5 Dan Dan to dodge around and set up the assist for tackler Disco to leap in and hit the carrier...

Dodge 3+ [3]
...woah, hang on! "3+"?
oops, wrong Wardancer. Disco Englert then leaped in for the assist. Dan Dan leaped in for the hit on the surehands carrier
Image Image
reroll
Image Image
pickup... [1]

Yes, Dan Dan is not perfect. However, Disco Englert is having a good season. Next turn he collects it and runs off to stall then score.

Final Score 2-1 (0/1/0 - 0/1/0)
 Jump to: