16 coaches online • Server time: 04:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gallahbrains

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2019 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Thought I may as well start a thread for this. Will be updated veeery slowly because I'm a veeery slow painter. Laughing

Anyway, here are the first few players to be signed. No doubt also to be pulvarized when they finally take the field...

I don't know what the team name is yet.

Kondor

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2019 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Those are very nice. I love the expression on the faces of the ones on the left.
MFWT

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2019 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

amazing work
Seventyone

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2019 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Whic( company made the models? Great painting

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2019 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Seventyone wrote:

They are 3rd edition games workshop halfling.

Also hobbits are in Tolkien's fantasy world. Title should be - my halfling team Wink

It is a great paint job. I have some 2nd ed chaos dwarves exactly the same colours Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2019 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

MFWT wrote:
amazing work

Thanks everybody! I'm a decent painter but it takes me a thousand times longer than an actual good painter to get decent quality. Thanks very much for the compliments.

Garion wrote:
Seventyone wrote:

They are 3rd edition games workshop halfling.

Also hobbits are in Tolkien's fantasy world. Title should be - my halfling team Wink

It is a great paint job. I have some 2nd ed chaos dwarves exactly the same colours Smile

Hobbit/Halfling. Smile I've always been 90% painer and 10% palyer. But okay. Halflings it is.

You painted your Chaos Dwarves pink and sky blue? Must be some whimpy Chaos Dwarfs! (joking)

I chose those colours basically because I know Hobbits - sorry, Halflngs - are more or less a joke team so I wanted them in baby colours to reflect that.

Chaos Dwarfs are probably my favourite team but the 3rd edition models, which are my faves in all other teams, kind of suck a bit for them. Their hats are just way too big. So much that I made a team - both in real life and on FUMBBL (link here) - that was all hobhoblins and one minotaur and no dwarfs. They didn't do too well. But it was worth the laugh when they somehow won the odd game. Very Happy

The chaos dwarf models suck but the 3rd ed. hobgoblin miniatures are maybe the best BB minis GW every made (in my personal subjective option). I did half a team in dark blue and orange but I think I'll strip them and do them in mostly metallic with a very small, weird highlight. Fluro green or something.

Thanks for you reply. Glad you like the little fellahs.

P.S. excuse the thousand edits. On my phone after five beers and made a lot of typos!

Last edited by gallahbrains on Apr 23, 2019 - 23:44; edited 11 times in total
gallahbrains

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2019 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
Those are very nice. I love the expression on the faces of the ones on the left.

Thankyou! Although I can't take credit for that, it's just the way the little fellow was sculpted. I love these 3rd edition sculpts.

Speaking of which, if you saw my 32mm vs 28mm thread ... no such problem with these guys. The 3rd edition sculpts are way too big to be hob ... halflings. They look like dwarves with their beards shaved off. They'll be just fine in 32mm world, in fact they'll fit that scale even better. Smile

Pity my 2nd edition orge miniatures now look like human blitzers in scale, but meh... Wink
 Jump to: