43 coaches online • Server time: 12:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Speccing and Playing...goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
pie?
MA9, what else, are you mad?
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
dodge, ag4 bloding is sweet, you can always roll another 10 later
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
side step because you really really have high hopes of OTTing with this team
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
something else (please elaborate, me dumb and unimaginative)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

Java

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2019 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I know, I know, this secret league childishness has no place in these august chambers where the mighty discuss matters of highest importance... nonetheless Razz

my joy, my pride, the brilliantly nimble, the nimbly brilliant Son of Clarke has rolled up 5+5 as his 4th skill

He's basically a clanrat with Strong Arm, HMP and sure hands as starters.
He's got Block, MA8 and AG4 as previous skillups.

MA9 would increase his already massive scoring threat, while dodge would... increase the number of dice rolls I do with him and lead to his early death, I guess.

By the way, his understudy rolled a 4+6 as his first skill, so I'd be getting him MA8 instead of block, which sounds sensible in preparation for Son of Clarke's upcoming death Smile
KhaTazadun

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2019 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not an expert, but looking at your tv, dodge seems less appealing as a tackler will probably be around in the ennemy team (though it's SL so less core skills...)
I've voted for ma9 as not a lot of players can reach that high movement in SL. Though it will probably be counterproductive when you still have your secret weapons, it's always nice to have a ma9 around for bullshit plays later in the game, right ? Smile
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2019 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

As he has an impressive move 8 I would probably err slightly more to Dodge. No doubt it will be useful.

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2019 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for the advice everyone

I'm edging more towards dodge myself, both for offense and defense purposes... uhm

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2019 - 22:16
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

MV9, he will be like a gutter runner!
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2019 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes but Gutter Runners have dodge!

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2019 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I went with dodge. He can do more stealing shenanigans after bomb/roller have done their bit and popped the ball loose. He can also squeeze through more easily if he needs to rush to pickup a later deep HMP from his mate (or from himself, as it happened before)

Also, in secret league is not uncommon to meet ST6/7 break tackling monsters, nice for them to need a pow, and a pow only