27 coaches online • Server time: 13:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do or Die - Interesting concept you would support?
Yeah! I want to retire those chaosteams with my elves!
33%
 33%  [ 32 ]
Nice concept, but noone will risk his teams.
46%
 46%  [ 44 ]
Man, you are nuts. This just sucks.
14%
 14%  [ 14 ]
Uhm.. dunno what to chose. Will post my detailed thoughts.
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 95

Senzadimora

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I can suggest to bet "skills" and not "players or teams" . The winner can chose to cut a skill to an opponent player. This way u can chose claw from a Chaos Warrior or sprint at the legendary 1 turner woodelf catcher. oh ... there can be a 2 dices rolls as for the new skill, so u can cut 1 point St/Ag/Mv or a single/Double skill.
I think someone should work on the client for make this playable... but it could be fine
Azurus

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting idea, but it wouldn't work, there's still no incentive for the finesse teams, since they'd still get their team destroyed.

On that line of thought, making all the winning team's injuries -> MNG (no permanent effects) would probably do it, with the loser still having to retire players. Would need changes to the site though, so it's a no-go.

I'd be more interested in getting the uber-bashy teams to play each other more often, have them weaken each other that way. I spec a lot of games, and while there are a lot of uberbashy-vs-semibashy games, I rarely see the most dangerous teams face off against each other. (there are about a dozen coaches that do so on purpose, but that isn't exactly a lot)

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

haven't read the full thread...

simply put... those who 'study your roster' before playing will never accept to play.

those who aren't 'attached' to their teams might be interested.

personally i play anyone (with my elves), and will play them till they are utterly crippled and doomed to die. i play the occassional recovery match in-between, and that's it...

if u have problems finding a match with your bashy teams, look me up...

however, i wouldn't retire them for losing just 1 match... that's a joke

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

OK - I guess we should ask for the legal aspect first.

So would the admins plz think about it?
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

admins won't probably accept the charge to judge.

Whatever. You know, circular, I am an over the average coach (CR 161) but I do not belong to fumbbls elite. I play with elves even against even bashers. I wanna win and don't care about deathes. My top player dies? TR drops and I built another one.

BUT I did loose against basher that had luck on injury rolls. If I make let's say 75% of time, my opponent retire 2 bashers, I m proud for a day and it's forgotten. If I end up with a team broken with injurys and also have to retire 2 guys, I would NEVER EVER play do or die again (unless exceptionnal circumstance of guys in my "mental revenge" list -the guy that hired hiddenly ramtut at TR 180 vs my TR 120 ogre/ that coach named for hall of famer that used me as I was a noob in faction with his TR 180 chaos vs my TR 130 DE) but usually I wouldn't play.

hey you see this from your top 10 coach status. It's not viable for an average coach, even less for a lower than average coach.
Cannonfodder

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

i think i class as lesser than average Very Happy, and i'd love to do it

'These are my principals, if you dont like them, I have others.'
Cannonfodder

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

lesser than average? opps

'These are my principals, if you dont like them, I have others.'
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm... and I though it would be easier to score with elves than with orcs... but OK.
 Jump to: