31 coaches online • Server time: 09:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Patonius2000

Post   Posted: May 04, 2005 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

after having played almost all my games in ranked for almost a year i decided to branch out and had a go with stunty leeg team. I have really enjoyed my first few matches and find stunty a welcome change from the cherrypickers divison (including myself at times) that is ranked.

having not been around from the start of fumbbl i was wondering if stunty is growing, declining or staying constant in popularity. it seems to me that more and more coaches are playing solely in ranked. if you are one of these people i urge you to try stunty and/or other divisions because my experience so far has being great fun.
thesquig

Post   Posted: May 04, 2005 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I think my experience of stunty is exactly the same as yours. I played ranked for almost a year, then played a few stunty matches and found it fun, although I get slamdunked almost every game Razz

banana_fish900

Post   Posted: May 04, 2005 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Stunty rules.
Ranked drools.
Pau

Post   Posted: May 04, 2005 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Stunty is the place to chill out and have plain sick fun. I guess stunty always has the same popularity.
Gumbo

Post   Posted: May 04, 2005 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

i got bored of stunty. novelty wore off. Just a kill fest really

Post   Posted: May 04, 2005 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

stunty isnt as good as it used to be, too much cas-fests and not enough chaotic plays. i guess im partly responsible for that by producing Zucchini, who has been surpassd by Drakk Painhoove, but stunty isnt at the state where it should be, maiming the other team only has so much replay value, and in the last 20 stunty games i had played, i was only playing because i had Zucchini, and i didnt want to retire him!

Stunty is a lot less popular these days, The A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T instant tournaments were great fun and some great banter was had in the chat channel! but some cherrypicking has started to creep into even stunty. Id really prefer to see stunty as a more chaotic version with daring plays rather than skilling up a big guy or 3 and seeing if my big guys are harder than yours!

I dont know why im writing this as i never get listened to... Sad
Menikmati

Post   Posted: May 04, 2005 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

i listen to you, rob. especially since zucchini and drakk somewhat served as a model for me. skilling up two minos was the only reason for me to play stunty. but i must say u r right. i didnt spend regard to my flings, just wanted to crash with the minos and so after 11 games it got a bit boring. its just that i dont like these lil breakable flings or whatever. and mabye thats the reason i didnt get anymore games. people just refused to play me, even with better teams. i than moved to unranked, to see my flings gettin smacked in the slaughterhouse.
all that in less than a week.

Post   Posted: May 04, 2005 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm. I hope cherrypicking doesn't sneek in. I play mainly for the insanity. My favorite way to score is the one turn Fling-grabs-ball-hands-to-other-fling-next-to-mino-mino-flings-fling-fling-runs-in.
Works about 50% of the time, and my opponent's reaction when it does work is always worth all the dead Halflings or Gobbos or whatever when it doesn't.
That being said, I do the same thing in Ranked, so maybe it's just me who's insane.
Croaker

Post   Posted: May 05, 2005 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I like playing the lil'guys. I don't normally foul alot in the games I normally play. So playing an organized brawl offers some pretty decent entertainment. I don't hesitate to foul if I get a chance. I lost more games than I've won and still have alot of fun.

My Choas beasts are next to worthless 'cept for tying up all the other teams lil'guys, and my ball handling skills are next to nill. But I love my lil'nurg boyz.

-Croaker
banana_fish900

Post   Posted: May 05, 2005 - 04:31 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
stunty isnt as good as it used to be, too much cas-fests and not enough chaotic plays.

You should come back rob. I recently had a major TTM fest. The new races are pretty fun to play against too. Nothing like seeing a death roller waltz through all your TZs and sack the ball carrier. Or having your troll catch a bomb and toss it back.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 05, 2005 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I do not especially like playing in S but did found a way that is really fun. I play in albator's stunty cup and in Evo's tourney; I play roughly everyone, even 50 to 100 down and I appreciate.
Shinan

Post   Posted: May 06, 2005 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

You know... For more chaotic plays... Have one of your stunty teams join the Stunty - Without BG Gen access-group! (shameless advertising)

Post   Posted: May 06, 2005 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Gumbo wrote:
i got bored of stunty. novelty wore off. Just a kill fest really

brownrob wrote:
stunty isnt as good as it used to be, too much cas-fests and not enough chaotic plays. i guess im partly responsible for that by producing Zucchini, who has been surpassd by Drakk Painhoove, but stunty isnt at the state where it should be, maiming the other team only has so much replay value, and in the last 20 stunty games i had played, i was only playing because i had Zucchini, and i didnt want to retire him!

Stunty is a lot less popular these days, The A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T instant tournaments were great fun and some great banter was had in the chat channel! but some cherrypicking has started to creep into even stunty. Id really prefer to see stunty as a more chaotic version with daring plays rather than skilling up a big guy or 3 and seeing if my big guys are harder than yours!

I dont know why im writing this as i never get listened to... Sad

Menikmati wrote:
i listen to you, rob. especially since zucchini and drakk somewhat served as a model for me. skilling up two minos was the only reason for me to play stunty. but i must say u r right. i didnt spend regard to my flings, just wanted to crash with the minos and so after 11 games it got a bit boring. its just that i dont like these lil breakable flings or whatever. and mabye thats the reason i didnt get anymore games. people just refused to play me, even with better teams. i than moved to unranked, to see my flings gettin smacked in the slaughterhouse.
all that in less than a week.

There is a simple solution to this:

Play more games with and against Squig Herders, Fairies, Pygmies, Skryre Slaves and even Goblin Cheaters. All these teams can somehow play ball, they are fun to play with and against, most of them cause random stuff to happen.

Squig defense is something every stunty player HAS TO SEE to be able to call oneself a stunty player. Those freaky Leaps, dodges and whatnot are just incredible; 4-5 guys can stall a 10-player opponent effectively for 4 turns at least.

Fairies are really fast runners with Hypnotic gaze giving them incredible runs and Strip ball leprechauns are downright annoying. If someone gets doubles and takes hail mary pass, they can build up a solid, non-aggressive defense.

Skryre Slaves are rather unique. Loadsa Guard=planning and a freaky blunderbuss attack formation that may or may not succeed. All slaves just pour through a gap, hoping at least one of them does not die before next turn.

Goblin Cheaters are plain random. Hire maybe 5 weapons, 2 DP and 9 gobbos and begin to carnage the opponent´s BGs by any means possible to win. Solid ball-handling.

Play less games with and against Chaos Flings, Snotlings, Nurglings and Gnomes. These guys can just bash. Their move sucks and most of them have either heavy armor or heavy BGs at the cost of having fun.

The other stunty teams not mentioned in this post are somewhat regular and it´s up to the coach and skill rolls if they play ball, bash or just suck their own players.
albator2001

Post   Posted: May 06, 2005 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

There's a solution !

Play in the stunty cup !

Here is the link:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=511
 Jump to: