23 coaches online • Server time: 01:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Imerikol

Post   Posted: May 10, 2005 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Please read the whole thing before commenting.

WHAT: A league with no perm injuries and no aging. There would also be a TR cap of 200 (or some other number, but a cap).

WHY: To have a league where the stigma of fouling and playing hard is removed because the worst injury is BH. This would in turn make ball-handling teams more viable against bashers. Player turnover will now come in the form of retiring players to stay under the cap. Coaches will have to make hard choices about what kind of players are worth keeping on their teams. Maybe those last two skills to get legend aren't worth it afterall=)

Would you be interested in something like this? I would create such a league myself, but it isn't possible to turn off aging and perm injuries, so it would take some help from an admin to set up. I'm guessing they could just remove all the various injury flags, including 'd.' Maybe a league like this could replace one of the less used leagues (I rarely see a team on GF looking for a game in 'Ladder' for instance).

If you were interested, what do you think would be a good cap? I'm thinking 200-250. More than that and you don't really need to make any hard choices.
Azurus

Post   Posted: May 10, 2005 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I'd probably play in such a division, if only to experiment with skill combinations a bit. Sounds a bit like a 'practice division' to me.

You still wouldn't get many finesse teams playing the killer squads often: even if all your players survive, a game against a claw/rsc/dp-laden team is still most likely to be very dull.

I think a TR 225 cap would be ideal, though 200 or 250 would be ok.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2005 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

ahhh before someone else beats me to the punch ..

This ain't gonna happen here.

You can create one using your own league manager and make post game rolls on your own.

But not on FUMMBL.

Why? ........ I could point you to the 100 posts on it but Im not sure what words to search on.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2005 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

You can already do this on FUMBBL.... with the caveat that you have a league cap of 100TR. Smile

Just start a non-progression tourney. Teams are reset after each match... no injuries, no winnings, no skills, no nothing. Just permanent TR100 teams.

It mimics the way that the old ladder was set up. It's really quite fun. It's a chance to set up teams with star players and each game has no consequences on the next, so you can pull out all the stops, even if you're one of those who normally worries about keeping your team intact.

In fact, I think that the old, non-progression ladder was the only division ever on FUMBBL to have a team called "I Will Foul You Every Turn" - and he actually got games.

Er... well... ok, game. <mutter mutter pansies mutter mutter...>

Post   Posted: May 10, 2005 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

good luck with this idea. if this league ever gets off the ground it would surely be one of the reasons that the top ten lists arnt accurate. with players that never age or get hurt playing against teams that must retire all of their mid-level players in order to keep under the cap the grat players will score all over the place from the lack of descent players to stop them. that may be the goofiest sentance i have ever written but im sure you guys get the point
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 11, 2005 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully is right.

good luck Don Quichote.... I personaly got beaten on subjects like this one.

I don't want to discourage you anyway but chances of succes are very low.
BigMac

Post   Posted: May 11, 2005 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Guys, PLEASE be more positive.

Div X is dead right now, so why not do such an experiment for a couple of weeks.

Cherrypicking on fumbbl is really really annoying.
Such a "no permanent injuries" division would enable coaches to play ALL RACES without hesitation.

I know about the things that get lost on the other hand, so there is no need to point them out to me again.

All i'm saying is it would surely be interesting to see such an EXPERIMENT for a couple of weeks, see what kind of teams result of it, see what races perform best, and most of all JUST PLAY without the trouble of finding games we have these days.
 Jump to: