73 coaches online • Server time: 19:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Artch

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I have heard some rumours about that the luck system somehow affects the outcome of the dice rolls .
is this true or does just show how lucky you have been so far?
Macavity

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I give a hearty... WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

you know the thing at the top of the screen that says you luck percentage. how does that effect the game?
Macavity

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

it doesn't...... I was WHAT!??!?!?ing the rumors. Where did they come from? Oktoberfest?

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

There are douzens of topics on the luck system and the luck-ometer, I'd have a look around for them.

Essentially the luck meter at the top is just there to give you a rouch idea how your luck is going. My understanding is that if at the end of the game it reads 50% then you have had an average game. More than that you've been lucky etc.

When you are reading it then you need to bear in mind that it doesn't care if you failed all your important rolls or all your blocks etc and it will read oddly at the start of the game because if you've only made 3 rolls then it is quite possible that you've either failed or made all of them.

Most people ignore it most of the time, but I look at it sometimes if things are going particularly well/badly, just to check.
DonKosak

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Read the discussion based on some people's lack of knowledge here.

Get knowledge for yourself here.
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it came from Oktoberfest. In May. Razz
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes it affects the game. It's the percentage of succeding an action or failing modified after by skill.

So an unlucky coach get's even more unlucky. And a lucky one even more lucky (never noticed it goes that way)
mstrchef13

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

There's a luck system? Hell, I'll try any system to get me better luck. Clue me in, how does it work? Does it involve dancing? I hate systems that involve dancing. But I'll try it if it will help.
Adar

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually I think the luckometer makes pretty good sense considering what it's made for. It works pretty well 90% of the games I have played. Most of the times I see whining about the luckometer is it the result of a bad coach who is unable to comprehend that having a 50+% chance to succede actually doesn't mean that you always succede. Some people are just hellbent on rolling 8 2+ rolls in a row and then complain about the 9th one failing...

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodpecker7 wrote:

Must of been a damn good Oktoberfest.
Sign me up for next year's.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

The luck meter doesn't really affect things. It is a measure of how many actions you have succeeded against how many you have failed. So if you make a lot of 2d blocks your "luck" is likely to go up. If you throw a lot of long bombs it is likely to go down.

If your luck % is high you are playing well or being very lucky if it is low you are playing badly or being very unlucky. It doesn't affect the play it is only a measure.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

The Luck meter affects me. That's it. Sad

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

screech wrote:
Woodpecker7 wrote:

Must of been a damn good Oktoberfest.
Sign me up for next year's.

Will do. You'll have to come out to Wisconsin, but Oktoberfest starts in July and runs into May, so...
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 13, 2005 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

use paypal. For Sky

you could get a better luck
 Jump to: