38 coaches online • Server time: 17:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Gridironman

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2023 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends on if there is an FA and if there is one can he draw from FA. If there isn't a free agency or if he cannot draw from one then he ought to retain that unit. If he can draw from FA then he needs to get rid of him if possible. Within a league having 16 players is underrated. The strategy of going 14 players may mean that your injuries and missing next game players will lead to a likely loss. That is another dynamic. The 16 strong teams need to spread out their skills across their players, but I only see the full teams winning leagues at least in my experience.

EDIT: He will likely need to cut him if he can hire a skilled replacement in either league scenario if FA is attainable.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2023 - 06:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Since its a league, id probably keep until the offseason then fire in the offseason personally.
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2023 - 06:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Carthage wrote:
Since its a league, id probably keep until the offseason then fire in the offseason personally.

You do know he can try to heal his niggle between seasons ?

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2023 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

MerryZ wrote:
Carthage wrote:

You do know he can try to heal his niggle between seasons ?

Only if he is kept out for the rest of the season and not replaced. I'd argue that playing without a ghoul in a team with only 4 available ballcarriers is... risky?

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2023 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Temporary retiring player is used for healing stat decreases (they become niggles).

Niggles heal on 4+ roll (3+ if you have apo)

I dont think that risky.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2023 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

If your goal is to play permanently only in the Box by monoactivating certain teams -also by exploiting of the lack of redraft - then double Niggly firing makes sense.

If you play the team in the Trophy, or in a 5-rounds tournaments, firing double niggled very skilled player makes absolutely no sense. You keep him by exploiting the fact that he is probably a very good ball carrier (maybe with +MA , blodge) and if he dies amen.
But if you fire him you shoot yourself in the foot.
(and btw with redraft there will be the healing: so NEVER EVER fire a double nigged before 15 matches...)
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2023 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

MerryZ wrote:
Temporary retiring player is used for healing stat decreases (they become niggles).

Niggles heal on 4+ roll (3+ if you have apo)

I dont think that risky.

Oh yeah you right me wrong. Thanks for the tip.