41 coaches online • Server time: 19:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Moik

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2023 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Good day! Got a tourney coming up and I'm split between taking my pink dwarfs or box art vamps.

We'll be following World Cup Rules so Dwarfs are tier 1 and Vamps set to tier 2

Builds in my head:

Dwarf- 6 primary skills

3 guard on linemen
2 mighty blow. 1 lineman, 1 troll slayer
1 wrestle on runner

Taking deathroller. Wanted to give him sneaky git secondary. Any feedback about this is appreciated XD

Vamp- 7 primary skills

2 wrestle on runners
1 block blitzer
1 guard thrower
1 block thrower
1 kick thrall
1 guard thrall ???

0 new vampire playtime so if I'm taking the vamp team I'm going in blind but with sum help with the skill loadout I'm sure I can at least sneak in sum draws hehehe

Please help thank you Very Happy
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2023 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

vampires:
all of your vampires want blodge (i don't think you can stack skills, but it means you're taking block or dodge on all of them)
you don't need wrestle, you can use hypnogaze to remove your opponents block
you don't need guard, you can use hypnogaze to remove assists and you're blitzing with S4 vampires anyway

the only other skill you consider is leader - having a deep bench is extremely important for vampires, but if you can already get 13/14 players with 3-5 re-rolls, don't bother with leader, take more block/dodge
Moik

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2023 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
vampires:
all of your vampires want blodge (i don't think you can stack skills, but it means you're taking block or dodge on all of them)
you don't need wrestle, you can use hypnogaze to remove your opponents block
you don't need guard, you can use hypnogaze to remove assists and you're blitzing with S4 vampires anyway

the only other skill you consider is leader - having a deep bench is extremely important for vampires, but if you can already get 13/14 players with 3-5 re-rolls, don't bother with leader, take more block/dodge
Thanks! How many vamps exactly do you recommend? Prolly gonna Varg for removals too.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2023 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Typically you want 2 throwers, 1 blitzer/varg (i prefer blitzer), and 2 runners on the pitch at any given time (if you find yourself constantly out of re-rolls, you could leave 1 runner on the bench sometimes). You want 13-14 players, and 3-5 re-rolls, so that determines if you want to take a 2nd (or even 3rd) blitzer/varg.
Carthage

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2023 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Leader is also a great pick on the thrower. Mighty blow on varg if you take it (I like the varg over blizter)
I prefer dodge first on runners and block on throwers. Kick is extremely powerful on a thrall if you can fit it.
If you take Blitzer over varg, strip ball is solid because gaze turns off surehands so you have a 31/32 chance of popping the ball on a 2 die hit.
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2023 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

If you have a Vargheist model painted and ready to go, bring him for the cool factor! So much more intimidating in RL compared to a few pixels on FUMBBL!

Oscar Wilde
Harpick

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2023 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

For me, today, that would be :
4 RR
Thrower Dodge
Thrower Dodge
Blitzer Strip ball
Runner Dodge
Runner Dodge
Thrall kick
Thrall Block
7 extra thralls
2 coach assistants
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2023 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

No one is commenting on the Dwarf build. I took Sneaky Git Deathroller build to the World Cup and went 5/2/2.

Deathroller with SG
2 x Guard Blitzers
2 x Guard Longbeards
1 x Runner
2 x Troll Slayers
4 x Rookie Longbeards
2 x Rerolls.

Thats my advice... solid team but positioning is crucial. Kick first when you can as they will either score quickly to get the Deathroller off the field which gives you 14 turns or so to grind the 2-1 win. Or they will try and grind against you and the DRoller fouls the begeezus out of everything. SG is a good safety net.

Most people though dropped a Troll Slayer and took the bribe rather than SG, but I didnt think that was as effective for general play.
Moik

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2023 - 03:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow thanks for all the expert insight, everyone! Feeling confident with both teams now. NUFFLE BLESS YOU ALL
 Jump to: