36 coaches online • Server time: 11:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christer

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2023 - 17:06
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Carthage wrote:
I don't know that its very high on the priority list.

It is. It's fighting for highest priority with team tournament support.

Gridironman wrote:
its own site tourneys and so on

This is a lot of management effort. Managing all the current majors and minors consistently year after year is hard enough without adding another set on top of it.

Also, adding further segmentation to the playerbase isn't on the cards at this point. If the C division isn't compelling enough for people, there's always L which allows anyone to try to set up their "dream league" and see if people are interested.
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2023 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Gridironman wrote:
I now have mixed feelings about it. I want the old champion teams to last until they are broken for site tourneys.

Edit: Purely selfish, but I want there to be a division with redraft with its own culture, and retain competitive as an anything goes. I imagine that the new standard division with redraft (in my imagination) would have its own site tourneys and so on that would be more in line with 2020 rules. Like 15 matches you are open for the Standard league tourney. 30 matches, you may join the dynasty tourney. It could be great fun though. I do believe that if current teams that have not faced a redraft--especially a fine tuned team that you see the top players play year after year get hollowed out I am also afraid of a coach exodus.

I don't think that there will be much of an exodus.

The culture has already changed. I think that most that would go have already gone and already been replaced by new people who never knew the good old days. Wink

The others will suck it up.

The [L]eague division is the place for big, old teams. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2023 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, finding a Box game in the 1400-1600 TV range is not that hard.
Not super big teams, but still big enough to have some variety in games.
Most people play at TV 1000 or so, though, that's true.
Re-Draft would help to keep the TV ranges (low and mid-high) closer.
Gridironman

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2023 - 02:35 Reply with quote Back to top

If the culture shifts into management of a roster more normative to a sports franchise with more seasons leading to larger contracts--it does add a nice layer of complexity. I'll have fun with it. I still think that the multi stat piece with a core of low skill players will be sustainable for quite some time for the better rosters onsite.

My only lament is the older teams, but if Dakka is backing it--he represents a player that has strong teams that he cultivated. So my concerns are less strong than beforehand. Orkawaagh Red Gruntz may have a back to back tourney legacy. maybe they will still have a compelling legacy under the new format.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2023 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

As the cut is to 1350, seasons might well make 1400-1600 busier due to fewer monsters.

It's the people who liked 1800+ who have lost out.

Now that we have the 15 game division, is the implementation of seasons urgent enough to prevent a threepeat? Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2023 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

you get easily in 1800+ if you start from 1350

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2023 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

MerryZ wrote:
you get easily in 1800+ if you start from 1350

Yeah but ya gotta play those 1350 etc. games to get there.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2023 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Especially since you start at 1250 or 1200 TV thanks to agents fees.
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2023 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

A downside is that in a regular league the teams will all cut at the same time.

In an open division some will cut while others will still be on game 12,13,14. Assuming that the 15 game division is still in place, that could be a bit grim.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2023 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeah...Blood Bowl 2020 rules<DLE 2020. DLE 2020 ran by The Murker is exceptionally well managed because you must pay agent fees that continue to rise from season to season, but you are provided re-draft gold in consideration of how many games you won and less gold for your draws. 1350 TV...its not necessarily a new team, but it is as though the team barely survives a plane crash from season to season. Oh wow, 30 games tourney now makes no sense, too. Also would teams that need to redraft mid-site tournament be exempt from redrafting? I guess if all those teams stopped playing at 15 and then waited for a tourney then they would be safe as long as they do not skip their Tournament designation after 15 games.

Edit: After 4 seasons players--even the best player on a team generally retire, but the team feels the same due to there being much more salient continuity.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2023 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

The scheduler could pair teams by brackets of games played, for example:

1-5 games
6-10 games
11-15 games

or

1-7 games
8-15 games.
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2023 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I am assuming that if in a tournament you do not redraft until eliminated from it.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2023 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
The scheduler could pair teams by brackets of games played, for example:

1-5 games
6-10 games
11-15 games

or

1-7 games
8-15 games.

Too many restrictions and you wouldn't get games.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2023 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I mean, the scheduler could try to arrange games by brackets, if possible.
If not possible, then just pair 2 teams of same TV, regardless of the number of matches played.
Worst scenario could be 1-game team paired with a 15-game team, but it should not be likely.
 Jump to: