44 coaches online • Server time: 15:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2023 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm really struggling with this team. They have had a run of bad luck (pretty much every regen failed for the first 6 or 7 games we played, so we have lost wolves to -AG, golems to death, blah blah blah...) but that doesn't excuse the poor run of coaching over all their games. They're also a team I find it hard to deal with when I face them, but as a result I thought they'd be a bit easier.

Recommendations on how to improve? I'm coming from a position of feeling fairly comfortable with Skaven and Shambling Undead, where you can screen your ball carrier, but I never seem to be in a situation where my speedy positionals aren't in danger because nobody else on the team can keep up with them.

Most recent game (which I don't think was a complete disgrace, but not wonderful either - you might also argue that games dominated by sweltering heat aren't very representative, but I don't know about that one way or t'other)

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2023 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Skill selection looks ok. I would look to keep TV trim and get rid of that Sure Hands/Dauntless zombie. I would keep zombies skill-less until you get 6spp and take block. You could fish for random block but your cashflow with poor dedicated fans means you cant afford to sack and rebuy them, therefore save for block.

Havent watched your game play though, but the key to Necro is the best position is the Wraith with Guard (which you have two of) and they pair up with a Golem and you shut the opponent down with the Foul Appearance, Guard, Sidestep, Standfirm combos.

I'd take Sure Hands on the Blodgestep Ghoul and he's your scorer and you have a wrestle ghoul, he can be the sweeper. I do find with Necro as opposed to undead with only 4 ball handlers, you cant really afford to develop a Ghoul sweeper. When the wrestle ghoul dies, replace him and again go for Block, Sure Hands development path. The two wolves are your sweepers in defence for Necro.
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2023 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I understand the thought process on taking tackle and fend on your Zombies, however block/guard is all the want and need. Later on a kick zombie is good.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2023 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

If I've learned anything from watching Necro coaches, you should frenzy trap yourself nearly every turn, and plan the blitz so that if you have to 3+ dodge away after.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2023 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Necro are hard in the current rules I think
They’re just a little bit too expensive roster
They struggle with not having enough… anything. But often it’s strength. They can’t face off against bash teams because they fall behind in block, guard, and strength on the pitch

They’re a bit like imperial nobility in that they’re good on the sidelines, but a lot of their skills are defensive and only work in opponent’s turn

The wolf lost out when MB+Claw stack was nerfed so there’s not that much power left in the team unfortunately
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2023 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

MrCushtie wrote:
I'm really struggling with this team.

I think the main problem here is the starting roster with 2 werewolf no golems and 11 players. Is very risky because rookie wolfs often get into trouble with frenzies so either you protect them (but you're not using players who are worth much) or if you throw them into the fray they get bogged down and slaughtered as happened in your first match https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4501113 to your misfortune against the Tomb Kings who beat up hard with guardians and not having golems was a nice omelette

The second game was also good for you in terms of losses you didn't suffer any you were playing against OWA and luckily the tree didn't hurt you too much (note that you were playing low TV)

The third game
In the third against the humans you started your drive with him having 3 players KO'd and you the 2 wolves, 2 wraiths 1 ghoul: perfect But as soon as he removed a wolf from you the wheezing and snowball effect started. Then the ghoul at the edge of the field often gets surfed if you don't make a proper cage and once that happens it's over, and often Ghoul SI (here you feel the lack of a Golem stand firm at the edge of the cage)
After this match you had 1 werewolf SI and 1 Ghoul SI: the 4th match has been challenging but looking your roster vs Skaven 1-1 was excellent result (also because TheMurker is very good player). But again: only 1 ballkeeper (werewolf) despite the starplayer you lost your offensive drive (and you were good to win the offensive drive of your opponent)

Then you are now recovery the TV by hiring Golem which are rookie and now you have a TV 1390 with 12 players, 2 rookie golem and 2 block werewolf. A very good Ghoul....

Is complicated at this TV you risk to play vs very well developed teams (like for instance look this of Thorin and https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=1138343
he does not feel the miss of 2nd werewolf with such very well developed team , for TV 1215 only! Expecially if you play in Box keep low TV for Necro is important IMO

I don't know how you can do it but I think you'd better lower the TV maybe by sacking one wolf and trying to develop that other one with a Dodge, and hopefully give a couple of Guards to the Golems.... For game tactics I'm not the best one to give you advice but if you look at these two players in my opinion there is a lot to learn
https://fumbbl.com/~Thoriin
https://fumbbl.com/~BiBi
(is interesting as BiBi has roster very similar to yours with 2 werelsolf hired asap... with excellent results)

good luck!

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2023 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Golems are overpriced a bit, I would say.
Carthage

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2023 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm trying them out too. Thinking either no ghouls or no golems as the route I want to try. I've done a few 'no ghouls' and its gone decently so far. Its risky since only 2 ball carriers, but wolves are really really good and pretty durable for MV8.

Gonna try golem at some point because the team feels best so far when its a relatively fast running team and the golems end up just being basically ultra expensive zombies in that setup. Maybe by going heavy on ghouls, plus wolves and wraiths the team can use its pretty good combo of mobility and fodder to stretch plays around the opponent... Danger of that is AG3+ everywhere and no passing.
CL

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2023 - 08:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Since the Golems have stand firm, maybe you could play them wider than you do mummies, and play towards surfs since you werewolves.
JuggerGonzo

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2023 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

what mummies?
CL

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2023 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

the mummies in shambling undead. he said he played that team before switching to this team
Carthage

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2023 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Shambling undead is a *much* bashier (and much easier) team than necro. The mummies are top 3 most overtuned starting unit in the game while I think the golems are a bit overpriced. Necro, probably more than most other teams, has a bunch of individually good pieces (wolf, zombies, wraith, ghoul) that just don't seem to fit on a team all that well. Their winrate is still better than every elf team except dark elves... so that's something I guess.
 Jump to: