42 coaches online • Server time: 12:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
awambawamb

Post   Posted: May 02, 2024 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Great_Gobbo wrote:
koadah wrote:
You could just play in the [L]eague division.

I don't want to commit to playing in a league, and would just like to see a bit more variety in C.

Leaue teams works just fine in the gamefinder and don't affect your CR.

Sp00keh

Post   Posted: May 02, 2024 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to play in [C] but for it to somehow not count as if you're playing in [C], don't play in [C]

There's plenty of leagues and whatever that don't affect your C stats
koadah

Post   Posted: May 02, 2024 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

awambawamb wrote:
The_Great_Gobbo wrote:

I don't want to commit to playing in a league, and would just like to see a bit more variety in C.

Leaue teams works just fine in the gamefinder and don't affect your CR.

Yup. You don't have to be in a league to play in the [L]eague division.

Anyway, I thought everyone was playing gnomes. Wink

Post   Posted: May 02, 2024 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you think that someone who plays goblin linemen only teams is in the least bit interested in CR? But from reading other posts it seems that some people do care and are afraid to experiment with a new race or have a sub optimal build for fear of negatively impacting their stats, so the idea is they can have one team to mess about and learn with or do something fluffy without concequences.

I would be interested to see how many people would like to try a new team without ruining their cr.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 02, 2024 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Great_Gobbo wrote:
Do you think that someone who plays goblin linemen only teams is in the least bit interested in CR? But from reading other posts it seems that some people do care and are afraid to experiment with a new race or have a sub optimal build for fear of negatively impacting their stats, so the idea is they can have one team to mess about and learn with or do something fluffy without concequences.

I would be interested to see how many people would like to try a new team without ruining their cr.

You can't win.

One guy said he wouldn't play league division matches because they would still affect his win%. Twisted Evil

There used to be a lot more coaches playing wacky and/or fluffy teams in old Ranked & Box.
Chasing odd quests, playing meta groups.

I think that the culture has changed. Partly with the rules. Partly before.

The league division is the place for "fun" IMO.

Who are the fun [C] coaches apart from you?
Isn't there a goblin meta group? Is it this? Is it active?

Where are the Buccs? Where are the Hellfishes? etc. etc.

Isn't the BBT supposed to partly address this?

Last edited by koadah on %b %02, %2024 - %15:%May; edited 1 time in total
Carthage

Post   Posted: May 02, 2024 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

E.L.F.
Joy is found in the tears spilled over our teammates corpses as we yell "scoreboard".
awambawamb

Post   Posted: May 02, 2024 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Great_Gobbo wrote:

I avoid ratings by default, for example

koadah wrote:
Who are the fun [C] coaches apart from you?

this, so much this

RDaneel

Post 14 Posted: May 02, 2024 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I do not know how this will be done, even if I like the concept.

Actually creating league teams is sometimes not enough to play ofen a team you want to test (you have to join a league, leagues are usually played every 2 weeks, unless you join 10 leagues with the same team).

The aim here is to 'train with others' and not play in testmode with yourself, in a new race and to be able to do this using the Box scheduler or gamefinder but not loosing an avalanche of CR if you lose.

The idea is nice and makes sense.

The problem I see, however, is that this way you risk polluting the CR_Glicko System that is there today a bit.
Example: If a player who is doing Trophy or playing competitive for ranking meets an "exempt" team in Box, how is his CR calculated if he wins? (of course this is linked to CR of his opponent as usual... ) but will this not risk to create a match where one coach play for the death (the competitive one CR addicted eh eh eh , and the other does not care (results is anyway an advantage for the competitive coach play for rakning)

In sum either the association in competitive (gamefinder or box) can only take place between TWO teams both "exempts" (and in this case I don't know how often you can use this teams) or if the gamefinder or box can associate an "exempt" team with a "competitive non-exempt" team I think commissioners would have several objections on this.

In principle is a nice idea, but unfortunately I think it is not very feasible... maybe our dears FUMBBL developers will find a smart way to implement who knows...

(P.S for sure I will create a Gnome team in this way. If not i will not dare to use Gnome for a while Wink

Post   Posted: May 02, 2024 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

RDaneel wrote:

Actually creating league teams is sometimes not enough to play ofen a team you want to test (you have to join a league, leagues are usually played every 2 weeks, unless you join 10 leagues with the same team).

It has already been said more than once that you do NOT need to join a league to play in the [L]eague divison.

If you do join a league, it does NOT have to be a scheduled league

You can use Gamefinder. You can use discord.

Getting a game is not as fast as [C]ompetitive but it works.

You can play the team as many times in the day as you can get games.

The more of you that join, the quicker it will be to get games.

Post   Posted: May 02, 2024 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I am in TGG's team !!

I am among those coaches that have no E-penis to play Virtua Copter with !!!

But be assured that irl, we have big balls to face those monstruous rosters and big loving hearts to still love the coaches who beat us to the dirt.
And sometimes, we manage sweet victories that are worth 100 defeats.

For me, CR stands for Charisma Ranking, Coolness Ratio, Come Replay !!

Post   Posted: May 02, 2024 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
RDaneel wrote:

It has already been said more than once that you do NOT need to join a league to play in the [L]eague divison.

If you do join a league, it does NOT have to be a scheduled league

You can use Gamefinder. You can use discord.

Getting a game is not as fast as [C]ompetitive but it works.

You can play the team as many times in the day as you can get games.

The more of you that join, the quicker it will be to get games.

yes koadah you're right I think The_Great_Gobbo meant how to create matches "quickly", so without having to organize them with discord or PM (however you have to find an available opponent and it can take time) in a semi-automatic way (i.e. with a box-like mechanism). One could certainly create league teams for practice, but I don't know how popular this would be.

Post 18 Posted: May 02, 2024 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

ThierryM wrote:
I am in TGG's team !!

I am among those coaches that have no E-penis to play Virtua Copter with !!!

eh well... I would open a specific thread on "BloodBowl E-Penis" I think it would win the record for pages written! Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 02, 2024 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

This thread illustrates why caring about CR is stupid.

There are coaches who play all their games in box using tiers 0-3

Ones who play in box with only tiers 0-1

Ones who play whatever, whenever and however

Ones who only play in C with tier 1 and against carefully vetted opponents

Ones who play whomever, whenever but most tier 3

And everything in-between

And CR works the same for all of them
awambawamb

Post   Posted: May 02, 2024 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

RDaneel wrote:
One could certainly create league teams for practice, but I don't know how popular this would be.

why not make one and see? we're tired of those teams hanging there and refusing all offers

koadah

Post   Posted: May 02, 2024 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

RDaneel wrote:

yes koadah you're right I think The_Great_Gobbo meant how to create matches "quickly", so without having to organize them with discord or PM (however you have to find an available opponent and it can take time) in a semi-automatic way (i.e. with a box-like mechanism). One could certainly create league teams for practice, but I don't know how popular this would be.

Have you heard of Gamefinder?

It works for [L]eague division teams.

Jump to: