65 coaches online • Server time: 19:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

high agility teams have to run not to be slaughtered. in the long run, a bashy player skills his players mostly from casualties and to a lesser degree from TDs. Elven players earn their spps from TDs, and to a lesser degree from completions. its a balance. a bashy team which plays to get the ball and score a lot of tds can actually do so. however, normally its a conscious choice to bash up the opponent in the 1st half, and catch up l8r...

the injury dice roll should even things out, with a 1/6 chance for a death, and 2/6 chance for a SI. however, as all coaches know, some matches u receive 6 BHs, and other matches, 4 RIPs, and 2 SIs... its the nature of the game... weakening elves could make game results more balanced, but most elven teams will end up retiring instead of crossing the 20 match boundary, or will cherry pick mostly elven teams... *shrug* the vault will make things more challenging, that's for sure!

as for skills, i agree that some negating has to exist, however, i would reduce these skills u proposed (feint and distract) to being agility traits or general traits. not for every skill roll... and i already mentioned a few days ago i'd like to see Diving Tackle and Mighty Blow reversed... MB for agility skill (renamed as accurate blow), and diving tackle for strength. could make dodging more dangerous, and elves bashier... if u want balance, this could do it!

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
origami

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting idea with the switching of MB and DT. It would change the game tremendously, and it would likely need a lot of play testing.

I think that making claw an agility skill (renamed as accurate blow) would be even better at accomplishing what you are trying to do. Claw is excellent against AV 9, but is worse than MB against AV7. This would give the agility teams much more bashing power against orcs/dwarves, while not being as deadly against the other agility teams.
stormmaster1

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2005 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Aside form skill what about altering the injury tables. Making 8-10 KO would decrease permanent injuries, but bashy teams could still work by eliminating players. Problems with this would be less players dead, more players recover for subsequant drives. Even if you made it harder (5+) to recover from KO the decrease in SPP would be a real problem, although tactically bashy play could still work. Alternatively alter the serious injury table: 11-26= recover for next game, 31-56= miss next game, 61-63=niggle, 64-66=stat decrease.
This would just help reduce the amount of players missing games and retiring.
 Jump to: