40 coaches online • Server time: 15:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How much work does the Chaos Renegade concept team need?
None - it's perfect!
24%
 24%  [ 21 ]
Almost there (please state suggested improvements)
29%
 29%  [ 26 ]
Needs a lot of work (please state suggested changes)
11%
 11%  [ 10 ]
Bleagh! Scrap it and start again!
11%
 11%  [ 10 ]
Forget the whole idea of Chaos Renegades
22%
 22%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 87

Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Wouldn't this team be extremly weak with only two warriors? Almost the entire team would be made up of human linemen. You know that players aren't supposed to be priced for their skill access? Chaos beastmen is a good example of this. Team cost should be balanced for one-off games too.

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2005 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

bump

is the team forgotten or kept as it is?
Colin

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2005 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't worry, I just have it on a back-burner atm.

Life has completely overtaken FUMBBL activity (what there was of it before) for me atm - I moved in with my bro for a spell; my gf had to rush off to Argentina to sort out a family crisis, and a visiting uncle borrowed my car, so it's handier to get to work from here - just as my bro's broadband broke down for the umpteenth time. The combination of no gf, car or broadband means I'm not the happiest camper atm, but my bro has a superb home theatre and coffee machine (the two are separate...), so there are compensations Smile

I get my car back on the 13th June, so you'll see more of me then. One thing Tinkywinky and I discussed was making mutants 0-6, as they barely qualified as positionals. Tinks was also keen on a price drop to 50k. Feel free to post commentary here on this or anything else. I'd also appreciate contributions on the thread over at bloodbowl.com, as it is an official GW forum. Word your posts there as enthusiastically as possible, please Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2005 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks pretty neat so far, but I really don't like the looks of that 1-20 table, it gives any player capable of rolling on it 3 shots at a stat increase. Now my mind is screaming "Shut up and take 'em!" but I think it would soon become an exceptionally strong team.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2005 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I would lose the mutant runners...as someone stated before...a mutant with VVL will do.

thugs av dropped to 7...that's the AV of an unarmored human which fits the description of a vagrant. I just don't see a vagrant being as tough as a dwarf. Then drop their cost to 40k.

drop the rr to 60k. I think the chaos team had 70k rr to reflect the beastmen's infighting...which doesn't carry over to this team.

Other than that, looks very promising : )

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2005 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

If this hasn't been suggested before, I have an idea: As the team seems very mutation themed, wouldn't it make sense to make the Big Guy a Spawn of Chaos?
Colin

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2005 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Guzzrot_the_Belly wrote:
Looks pretty neat so far, but I really don't like the looks of that 1-20 table.

You aren't the only one. The only thing I will not consider is a change to my Mark of Chaos rules (see page 1 of thread). They are perfect, esp. on players without Strength skill access. You may disregard the D20 table.

I may consider dropping the Runners in exchange for 2 more Mutants, but that makes the team very bland and weak at TV100. If anyone can come up with a likely player to replace the Runner which is:
1. 0-2 in number, maybe quite expensive, but NOT Ag4 (can't have Str 4 and Ag 4 on the same team, Vamps not included)
2. Very fluffy and fluff-consistent (it exists somewhere in the Warhammer world - start combing your old Realm of Chaos books, people!)
3. Has a few skills and maybe unique skill/mutation combinations

then I'd be all ears.

Post 14 Posted: Jun 03, 2005 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

for me it's good, have you see icons of "Maraudeurs du Chaos" in my site

http://pageperso.aol.fr/patcandela/mapage/diversjeux.html

Chaos renegades=Maraudeurs du Chaos????

Perhaps.... Arrow This icons will serve

Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2005 - 05:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't believe my eyes when I see people suggesting things like lowering the av of the linemen. This team is weak, not strong!
But to get this silly notion that mutants are comparable to positionals of other teams and to differenitiate the playing style of the team more from existing roster...

0-12 thugs 6338 50K GM
0-2 chaos warriors 5349 100K GSM
0-4 runners 7337 shadowing 70K GAM
0-1 big guy
Mark of chaos on all players.

This will make the team a lot more fun to play on low TR with a special feel. With only two warriors it will never become a dominant force on high tr but it should be able to grow into something interesting. I think you can get a very nice dynamic between the runners and warriors.

Mark of chaos is mostly a fluffy thing, it's really not that good. In the vault rules dauntless and frenzy becomes general skills! (+fend and wrestle becomes new options)